Chord 2Go & 2Yu Wired/Wireless Network streamer and S/PDIF adaptor - Official thread
Sep 30, 2022 at 3:46 AM Post #6,002 of 6,287
Hi I just have 2Go connecting Hugo2 recently and I select “Build Playlist” in Gofigure app. The process is very long and still running (longer than 10hrs) as shown in the picture. Is this normal? Is it because the microSD has too many songs? (Approx. 190GB)

Attachments

• AA5CC25A-8902-4B20-BA48-B201DCB7AF84.jpeg
    AA5CC25A-8902-4B20-BA48-B201DCB7AF84.jpeg
    705.5 KB · Views: 0
Oct 20, 2022 at 4:30 AM Post #6,004 of 6,287
I always connect a powerbank to Hugo2+2Go in order to enable the desktop mode but I observe that 2Go always turns back on even though I switch off 2Go. Therefore, 2Go always drains power from my powerbank all day long.

Is there anyway to force 2Go to shut down when connecting to powerbank or a power adapter?

Oct 21, 2022 at 4:18 AM Post #6,005 of 6,287
I always connect a powerbank to Hugo2+2Go in order to enable the desktop mode but I observe that 2Go always turns back on even though I switch off 2Go. Therefore, 2Go always drains power from my powerbank all day long.

Is there anyway to force 2Go to shut down when connecting to powerbank or a power adapter?
Its far easier to replace the batteries in the Hugo 2 so I simply disconnect the power when not using mine and forgo desktop mode. I don't know if keeping the 2Go powered is bad for the battery though but I don't want to take the risk.

Oct 21, 2022 at 5:13 PM Post #6,006 of 6,287
Hi I just have 2Go connecting Hugo2 recently and I select “Build Playlist” in Gofigure app. The process is very long and still running (longer than 10hrs) as shown in the picture. Is this normal? Is it because the microSD has too many songs? (Approx. 190GB)
Make sure there is a network connection between your 2Go and Gofigure app. I have close to 1TB of songs and >800 playlists. It takes <10 minutes to index and a few seconds to load the playlist. I don't use the "Build Playlist" function, and I cannot comment on that.

Oct 22, 2022 at 3:25 AM Post #6,007 of 6,287
Hi all

Sorry dumb newbie question.
Can I use my phone as a hotspot when out and about to connect Hugo2/2go to the WiFi of my phone to assess tidal and Roon Arc?
Will it keep up with buffering at high quality.

Many thanks

Oct 22, 2022 at 4:10 AM Post #6,008 of 6,287
Hi all

Sorry dumb newbie question.
Can I use my phone as a hotspot when out and about to connect Hugo2/2go to the WiFi of my phone to assess tidal and Roon Arc?
Will it keep up with buffering at high quality.

Many thanks
I am using iPhones and the iPhone personal hotspot. After registering it with 2Go it will connect, and you can use the phone's internet connection.
For playback control MConnect lite works quite well, and it supports Qobuz and Tidal.
I use Tidal, but only the Standard subscription since I found Qobuz to provide better SQ even at 16/44 and on top of it Qobuz provides true HiRes data. For streaming via the mobile network you can define the max. quality in the Qobuz settings up to 24/192. (personally I am using 16/44 on mobile network). Tidal is similar except that they don't specify actual bit/kHz values but only their ambiguous proprietary quality namings.
No experience with Roon

Hope that helps!

Nov 6, 2022 at 6:40 AM Post #6,010 of 6,287
Could someone clever advise why the 2go/2yu doesn't play nicely with a NAD M51 dac? Sound is muffled and scratchy through USB and through coax. Both units work fine in other scenarios so I dont think anything is faulty.

Nov 6, 2022 at 9:10 AM Post #6,011 of 6,287
Could someone clever advise why the 2go/2yu doesn't play nicely with a NAD M51 dac? Sound is muffled and scratchy through USB and through coax. Both units work fine in other scenarios so I dont think anything is faulty.
It could be digital clipping, I found this elsewhere on the internet, just Google "NAD M51 DAC issues"

"There was no evidence of any overload distortion. I should say here, that when I bench tested the M51, if I used a 0 dBFS test signal, and the M51 volume control was set to 0.0, there was some digital clipping. This is common with 0 dBFS signals feeding a DAC, and is why music digital recordings usually don't go near the 0 dBFS mark, but stay at least - 5 dB below that, so as to avoid clipping. However, for really dynamic recordings, including the 1812 where there are special effects such as the cannon shots, I would suggest turning the M51 volume control down to - 1 dB. This will eliminate the digital clipping - if any should occur. The ability to control the volume digitally on the M51 without truncating the LSB is unique, and extremely useful."
Edited December 28, 2013 by rocky500

Dec 2, 2022 at 4:07 AM Post #6,015 of 6,287
Hey guys I just got a 2go and I connected it via wifi on the go figure app.

I want to use tidal, I cant find the music service login page on the app.

What am I missing? I feel really stupid. But I cant find the page when I click on music I just get a list of radio stations.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back