Chord 2Go & 2Yu Wired/Wireless Network streamer and S/PDIF adaptor - Official thread
Dec 2, 2022 at 5:32 AM Post #6,016 of 6,290
Hey guys I just got a 2go and I connected it via wifi on the go figure app.

I want to use tidal, I cant find the music service login page on the app.

What am I missing? I feel really stupid. But I cant find the page when I click on music I just get a list of radio stations.
GoFigure is mainly designed for setup of the 2go, like many others I use MConnect Lite App on iOS devices to control playback and streaming to the 2go.
ROON is supposed to be the very best software to use with 2go, but I didn't try it yet (there should be a trial version code delivered with your 2go)

Dec 3, 2022 at 10:40 PM Post #6,021 of 6,290
I'm trying to do dsd over wifi using roon I have my PC set up as a core.

Music cuts out all the time.

Would a better modem help? I have a cheap one the internet company provided.
2go's 2.4GHz-only WiFi is prone to packet dropouts, which the Roon streaming protocol (RAAT) does not like. Even with good prosumer mesh WiFi (UniFi), the only way I was able to get my 2go to behave was to add a WiFi access point a couple of meters away from the (outdoors) area where I use it.

Dec 3, 2022 at 10:49 PM Post #6,022 of 6,290
2go's 2.4GHz-only WiFi is prone to packet dropouts, which the Roon streaming protocol (RAAT) does not like. Even with good prosumer mesh WiFi (UniFi), the only way I was able to get my 2go to behave was to add a WiFi access point a couple of meters away from the (outdoors) area where I use it.
Thanks, maybe easier to put my dsd collection on a SD card then.

Dec 4, 2022 at 12:25 AM Post #6,023 of 6,290
I'm trying to do dsd over wifi using roon I have my PC set up as a core.

Music cuts out all the time.

Would a better modem help? I have a cheap one the internet company provided.
Before getting the Poly I just used the modem provided by the internet supplier and I had massive issues with a RPi based streamer (and speed issues with other devices) I walked through the flat with my mobile phone, measuring the download speed in different locations with Ookla Speedtest, and found that the transmission was varying a lot, with the spot where the RPi was located having something like 15Mbit/s.
Installed a Ubiqity Lite access point in the center of the flat and internet is fast and stable everywhere.
When I got Poly and 2Go I never experienced any dropouts.
If you are using a G5 modem experiment with the position to find the spot with the best mobile network connection. Did that in another flat and it made a big difference too (2-3x internet speed between good and bad spots)
And when you test the speed with your mobile make sure to use the same 2.5GHz WiFi the Poly connects to.

Dec 6, 2022 at 8:15 PM Post #6,024 of 6,290
Duplicate post from the Hugo 2 thread. Any perspective would be helpful.

Has anyone compared the Hugo 2 + 2go against other dac/streamer combos under $2k (used)? I have LOVED the Hugo 2, it's been absolutely excellent, but I'm 100% using this as a stationary solution at home, so it's a bit less than ideal--mainly because of the thermal overheating at times.

Is anyone aware of what may be a competitive, similar level of sound. Mainly talking about level of detail, resolution and transients--not tonality. Something with an absolute neutral or even warmer tonality would be totally welcome. Not looking for an upgrade in sound either, as this is for a temporary speaker setup until I move into a more permanent house.

Currently my eye is on a used NAD C-658. This is going to be a one and done purchase, no additional tinkering or swapping out, so any recommendations or perspective if you've heard/owned others in similar range would be much appreciated. :)

Dec 11, 2022 at 2:04 PM Post #6,025 of 6,290
Hi, my gofigure app crashes as soon as I touch “Device settings”, any idea of why?

Also, when I put my 2go into Hot Spot Mode and connect my iphone to its network, I’m asked for a password that is NOT the one I set for my iphone. Is there any Chord2go default password?

Dec 11, 2022 at 2:18 PM Post #6,026 of 6,290
Duplicate post from the Hugo 2 thread. Any perspective would be helpful.

Has anyone compared the Hugo 2 + 2go against other dac/streamer combos under $2k (used)? I have LOVED the Hugo 2, it's been absolutely excellent, but I'm 100% using this as a stationary solution at home, so it's a bit less than ideal--mainly because of the thermal overheating at times.

Is anyone aware of what may be a competitive, similar level of sound. Mainly talking about level of detail, resolution and transients--not tonality. Something with an absolute neutral or even warmer tonality would be totally welcome. Not looking for an upgrade in sound either, as this is for a temporary speaker setup until I move into a more permanent house.

Currently my eye is on a used NAD C-658. This is going to be a one and done purchase, no additional tinkering or swapping out, so any recommendations or perspective if you've heard/owned others in similar range would be much appreciated. :)
You can use the Qutest with the 2Yu/2Go as I do.
The Qutest and the Hugo2 are very similar so far as I know.

Dec 11, 2022 at 3:47 PM Post #6,027 of 6,290
Hi, my gofigure app crashes as soon as I touch “Device settings”, any idea of why?

Also, when I put my 2go into Hot Spot Mode and connect my iphone to its network, I’m asked for a password that is NOT the one I set for my iphone. Is there any Chord2go default password?
Do you have the latest version of the Gofigure app? For iOS it’s ver 2.10. Could you be connecting via Bluetooth? If so, the factory default PIN is 0000.

Last edited:
Dec 16, 2022 at 8:19 PM Post #6,029 of 6,290
You can use the Qutest with the 2Yu/2Go as I do.
The Qutest and the Hugo2 are very similar so far as I know.

I was mainly looking for a better streaming, all in one system. I'm not really impressed by what I'm seeing in the sub $3k price range. May actually just pick up the 2go for the Hugo 2 and call it a day for now. Thank you!

Last edited:
Dec 16, 2022 at 8:40 PM Post #6,030 of 6,290
I was mainly looking for a better streaming, all in one system. I'm not really impressed by what I'm seeing in the sub $3k price range. May actually just pick up the 2go for the Hugo 2 and call it a day for now. Thank you!
Good choice, I sold my DAP after owning Hugo2Go combo. you can play music on pc over wifi to 2Go,not limited by the sd cards.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back