Chord 2Go & 2Yu Wired/Wireless Network streamer and S/PDIF adaptor - Official thread
Aug 6, 2021 at 6:39 PM Post #5,689 of 6,290
I have experienced some sonic degradation of my Blu mkII playing CDs after connection of 2go/2yu. It reverts back to normal when I switch 2yu off and degrades again when 2yu is switched on. That is both on USB and BNC connections. Several HF ferrites (same as recommended for use between Blu mkII and DAVE) on BNC cable help and also improve sound quality of 2go/2yu. I urge you to try it.
I think about buying 2go/2yu for my bludave as well, so I take your post seriously.
It is strange that you could improve sound with the same ferrites used between Blu and Dave,
because they are designed to work above 2 Ghz and tame the Blu produced noise, but
the noise coming out of 2yu is of different frequency.
Probably you listen again and try different ferrites, or move the small combo a bit.

Aug 7, 2021 at 12:48 AM Post #5,690 of 6,290
I think about buying 2go/2yu for my bludave as well, so I take your post seriously.
It is strange that you could improve sound with the same ferrites used between Blu and Dave,
because they are designed to work above 2 Ghz and tame the Blu produced noise, but
Probably you listen again and try different ferrites, or move the small combo a bit.
This type of ferrite is the only one I have at hand. Its designed for suppression above 200 MHz, which is USB range. Stock power supply generates some noise as well, try 2go/2yu with a mobile powerbank. Best result I got is on powerbank, BNC connection and several ferrites. And I still hear very faint degradation of sound of Blu2 when 2yu is powered on. Anyway, its much better than my regular Sotm SMS-200 on Paul Hynes SR3 power supply.

Aug 7, 2021 at 8:41 AM Post #5,691 of 6,290
Thank you for clarification. Try different ferrites, the ones we use are really special.
I have a good dealer and can probably test the combo at first.

Aug 7, 2021 at 9:17 AM Post #5,692 of 6,290
For those who have 2yu, have you compared outputs?
I actually have found that bnc and optical (stock cables sound identically). I also tried putting Curious Silver USB on USB output. And the thing is, sound is really wider, more sparkly, (cant say that "s" word is brighter) but definetelly it sounds wider (like 1 step crossfeed), and bit more colder or open (cable is separated from bnc). 2go2yu is fed by powerbank and works on wire. So i suppose it really itself cant generate RFI. But due to this curious usb cable sound signature is different. and you can easily tell that by wider sprinkly sparkly perception. And this makes me wonder, if my power supply is a power bank, does that mean its sounds like that becouse of "silver" or is it really the thing that the cable itself is designed that way (as rfi generator). Or in other words can silver usb sound wider open due to just material used. Thanks for your opinions and findings.
I once saw Rob writing that its due to cable itself and it should sound same as optical.
@Rob Watts , are things are the same still based on your experience?
Thanks.

Update.
So it seams wide stage using same USB disappears when i power HMS with powerbank too. In this scenario no difference vs optics. Switching back HMS to the wall (2go2yu on battery, wired with cable) has impact to usb out making it sounding wider against optical.

Update2.
no difference in wide stage versus optical, if 2go2yu is wireless (and on battery). Then TT2 HMS can be on wall both.

P.S i am not complaining just some observation regarding particular usb cable and playing with power and data thing. This combo do really sound out of this world like i never imagined :)

Last edited:
Aug 18, 2021 at 11:33 AM Post #5,693 of 6,290
Hi,
Do we have new users of 2yu over there?
Myself 2weeks of using so far it plays very stable.

But afterall i wonder and want understand technical reasons why there was a decision to make 2go2yu work only plugged in, while 2go itself has battery. Is it related with power needed for 2yu and battery specs of 2go? Maybe @Mojo ideas can answer?

For all other users,
Do you have any experience with different cables connecting out of 2yu, and what your findings are. Thank you too.
I have ordered bnc-bnc furutech alpha ag cable for stock bnc replacement.

Thank you.

Aug 18, 2021 at 6:00 PM Post #5,694 of 6,290
What's the best way to get spotify streaming to 2go from my PC? And when is Spotify Connect coming to 2go, it's been promised hasn't it? I'm going back to spotify while at work for it's casual listening, newly coming CD quality and discovery but damned if i can get 2go to play it.

@ChordElectronics any timeframe for spotify connect on 2go?

Aug 18, 2021 at 6:38 PM Post #5,695 of 6,290
What's the best way to get spotify streaming to 2go from my PC? And when is Spotify Connect coming to 2go, it's been promised hasn't it? I'm going back to spotify while at work for it's casual listening, newly coming CD quality and discovery but damned if i can get 2go to play it.

Or Tidal’s version

Aug 19, 2021 at 10:44 AM Post #5,696 of 6,290

I want Apple Music. But there is no chance in hell Chord will include this as they have removed Tidal and Qobuz from the Chord app last time I checked (not that it was working in any case).

Aug 24, 2021 at 6:46 PM Post #5,697 of 6,290

I've been wondering the same thing. Not sure about PC, but you can use Hify on Android that allows Spotify to see DLNA and Airplay streamers - link on play store:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=eu.hify.pro

I've been using it for the best part of a year and it works well. Developer was on hand when I had a minor teething issue to do with Android's default power setting for apps (was a 30 second fix) he might have updated that now.

Hope that helps.

Aug 24, 2021 at 7:22 PM Post #5,698 of 6,290
I've been wondering the same thing. Not sure about PC, but you can use Hify on Android that allows Spotify to see DLNA and Airplay streamers - link on play store:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=eu.hify.pro

I've been using it for the best part of a year and it works well. Developer was on hand when I had a minor teething issue to do with Android's default power setting for apps (was a 30 second fix) he might have updated that now.

Hope that helps.
If you find that this Hify app on Android is the only way you can get Spotify to do its thing with DLNA and you can't find any direct equivalent application for your pc, then you could try to run Hify in an Android emulator such as Bluestacks on the pc instead.

No guarantees but that might work.

Last edited:
Aug 25, 2021 at 4:33 AM Post #5,699 of 6,290
Very curious about using a 2Go2Yu as a Roon endpoint for Dave and Mscaler.

How reliable is it in such a configuration? I currently use a Sonore OpticalRendu, which sounds sublime but has been a bit of a headache lately.

Aug 25, 2021 at 6:54 AM Post #5,700 of 6,290
Very curious about using a 2Go2Yu as a Roon endpoint for Dave and Mscaler.

How reliable is it in such a configuration? I currently use a Sonore OpticalRendu, which sounds sublime but has been a bit of a headache lately.

It’s the best use case of 2go imo. I have zero issue with WiFi connection. I have nothing special as a router.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back