Chord 2Go & 2Yu Wired/Wireless Network streamer and S/PDIF adaptor - Official thread
Aug 30, 2021 at 8:20 AM Post #5,702 of 6,290
Why can't we have Tidal Connect and Spotify Connect on 2go?! Is this happening?
Could be insufficient processing power for it to work well enough when streaming from another device is going to be reliable. That being said, both are (now) lossy streaming services (TIDAL batch-processed their entire catalog into MQA, or at least most of it, which is not lossless) so it could be argued that it's a bit pointless.

Aug 30, 2021 at 9:00 AM Post #5,703 of 6,290
Could be insufficient processing power for it to work well enough when streaming from another device is going to be reliable. That being said, both are (now) lossy streaming services (TIDAL batch-processed their entire catalog into MQA, or at least most of it, which is not lossless) so it could be argued that it's a bit pointless.
I remember commenting a while back that I'm old-fashioned enough to want my music on SD cards and fully under my control. I never bought into the internet streaming services.

This sort of thing and Beats getting taken over by Apple for example is why.

Aug 30, 2021 at 9:26 AM Post #5,704 of 6,290
I remember commenting a while back that I'm old-fashioned enough to want my music on SD cards and fully under my control. I never bought into the internet streaming services.

This sort of thing and Beats getting taken over by Apple for example is why.
I like discovering new music, streaming is really the best option for this. It gets very expensive having to buy it to discover its not worth listening to more than once.

If I like a track or album enough then I will often buy it then put it on my SD card.

Aug 30, 2021 at 12:55 PM Post #5,705 of 6,290
I like discovering new music, streaming is really the best option for this. It gets very expensive having to buy it to discover its not worth listening to more than once.

If I like a track or album enough then I will often buy it then put it on my SD card.
Exactly

Sep 1, 2021 at 4:39 PM Post #5,706 of 6,290
I fixed spotify for the H2+2go combo!
8224ADDD-C135-4FC7-AED5-D11B8A02CAE0.jpeg

Last edited:
Sep 1, 2021 at 6:23 PM Post #5,707 of 6,290
Got an excellent deal on a Hugo 2 and 2Go from a fellow headfier. Also got myself a 2Yu to feed my Dave and Mscaler through Roon.

Experience has been fantastic so far- in fact so good that I am considering selling my Sonore OpticalRendu and optical module Deluxe.

The only issue is that Hugo 2 is a little useless without its companion so I might be on the lookout for a second 2Go in the not so distant future.

Sep 3, 2021 at 4:15 PM Post #5,708 of 6,290
Sep 15, 2021 at 7:38 AM Post #5,709 of 6,290
Chord 2Yu review is in the latest issue of What HiFi. Issue 453. ... https://www.whathifi.com/reviews/chord-2yu

Not sure what to make of it. They like the 2Yu (and the 2Go pairing).

However they go on to be somewhat critical of the TT2 and Qutest which they tested 2Go2Yu with. Calling the DACs slightly on the cold and lean side.

I personally find Chord DACs warm on warm recordings and brighter on brighter recording. I don't know how tonal balance could be bettered. None of my music is out of the range of being within tolerance, of being too bright or too warm. If Chord were slightly either cold or lean, then bright recording would not be fun. I could say more but what's the point?

Last edited:
Sep 17, 2021 at 4:35 PM Post #5,710 of 6,290
The Hugo 2 is bright & lean. Gives me an unforgiving sound to it, almost with a glare in the upper mids. The bass control and imaging is really nice.

So I have it paired with an amp that compensates for that. I wish the 2go had a way to EQ as a means to compensate. If Bubble uPnP could stream with an EQ that would be so nice.

Would be cool if UAPP on Android could detect and cast to the 2Go.

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2021 at 3:18 PM Post #5,712 of 6,290
I haven't followed the SW developments too closely so I'm out of the loop.

Would someone be so kind to tell me
  • The good news
  • The bad news
  • The unacceptable, ie for make or break decisions

Thanks in advance.

Sep 20, 2021 at 2:33 AM Post #5,713 of 6,290
I haven't followed the SW developments too closely so I'm out of the loop.

Would someone be so kind to tell me
  • The good news - For me it works perfect.
  • The bad news - Would like more features, Spotify connect, Tidal connect, Qobuz connect, Chromecast, etc, etc.
  • The unacceptable, ie for make or break decisions - None for me.

Thanks in advance.
See above in green.

Sep 20, 2021 at 4:42 PM Post #5,714 of 6,290
I mostly use Dave and Mscaler while at home and hadn't spent much time with the Hugo2Go over the past few weeks.
I am having some rather annoying issues with intermittent connectivity issues with Roon that only occur with the 2Go- while my A&K SP2000 is always stable.

One can only hope that further wifi tweaks can be made..as having 2Go constantly connected via ethernet totally defeats the purpose of owning the product (for me)

EDIT: used a setting in my router that combines 2.4 and 5ghz in one network (called smart connect) and, somehow, everything is now running smoothly...

GoFigure!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back