Chord 2Go & 2Yu Wired/Wireless Network streamer and S/PDIF adaptor - Official thread
Sep 21, 2021 at 8:40 AM Post #5,716 of 6,290
Earlier, I asked this question to the developer. UAPP on Android cannot, and most likely will not support 2 Go in the near future. Very sorry.

Ouch, I guess I will stick to using Neutron player to stream/EQ/dsp my phone's stored music to the 2Go.

Okay I am doing something wierd. I am using Nuetron Player on my dap, to connect via uPnP of my Hugo2-2go, and playback the offline music from my dap with EQ/crossover/dither/oversampling.

And hugo-2go connected via RCA to my FluxLab Fa-10 amp. (which happens to need Rothwell -10db RCA attenuators attached at the end of the RCA cables)

...how silly am I being?

My hd800S sounds awesome EQ'd with this solution though.

EDIT: NVM, it worked!! But with that setup, I can just use the dap itself. But maybe could be used in other situations.

Last edited:
Sep 21, 2021 at 10:24 PM Post #5,717 of 6,290
I am having some rather annoying issues with intermittent connectivity issues with Roon that only occur with the 2Go- while my A&K SP2000 is always stable.
Lucky you... similar connectivity issues with my 2go and my SP1000m, both with Roon and with DLNA on the same local music server.

Sep 22, 2021 at 5:33 PM Post #5,719 of 6,290
I contacted Chord via email. The Hugo 2 and 2Go work great on ethernet but not so much via Wi-Fi.

I am no more than 6-7 meters away from a high end router that no other device is having issues with. My previous 2Go performed just fine in the exact same environment.

Sep 22, 2021 at 10:50 PM Post #5,720 of 6,290
I contacted Chord via email. The Hugo 2 and 2Go work great on ethernet but not so much via Wi-Fi.

I am no more than 6-7 meters away from a high end router that no other device is having issues with. My previous 2Go performed just fine in the exact same environment.
Similar experience, also high-quality network gear (UniFi). I was talking with my Linn/Naim/Chord dealer who was a digital comms engineer in his previous career, and he noted that certain network uses can saturate any WiFi system for brief periods. That's not a problem for most net uses, but it can cause packet drops that glitch music streaming. After that conversation, I did some probing of my systems, and I found the occasional packet drops. For example, if my work computer is communicating actively with work servers via WiFi, I get a some packet drops every few minutes. If I run it wired, which I do always now, no drops. Unfortunately, I can't control all the demanding client-server applications running in our household, so packet drops are inevitable. This is not a problem for non-streaming use, and the occasional glitch on a video call is ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, but it kills streamed music over WiFi. My dealer's recommendation is to set up a separate WiFi router for streaming, but that would require me to restructure my home network so that all Roon devices are on the same subnet, a bit of a pain.

Sep 23, 2021 at 4:59 AM Post #5,721 of 6,290
Similar experience, also high-quality network gear (UniFi). I was talking with my Linn/Naim/Chord dealer who was a digital comms engineer in his previous career, and he noted that certain network uses can saturate any WiFi system for brief periods. That's not a problem for most net uses, but it can cause packet drops that glitch music streaming. After that conversation, I did some probing of my systems, and I found the occasional packet drops. For example, if my work computer is communicating actively with work servers via WiFi, I get a some packet drops every few minutes. If I run it wired, which I do always now, no drops. Unfortunately, I can't control all the demanding client-server applications running in our household, so packet drops are inevitable. This is not a problem for non-streaming use, and the occasional glitch on a video call is ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, but it kills streamed music over WiFi. My dealer's recommendation is to set up a separate WiFi router for streaming, but that would require me to restructure my home network so that all Roon devices are on the same subnet, a bit of a pain.
Interesting.

I am getting my unit swapped out by Chord next week via a courier. Very impressed with their support on this.

Pretty sure it is a 2Go fault as my previous unit had no issues in the exact same setup.

Sep 23, 2021 at 6:20 AM Post #5,722 of 6,290
Interesting.

I am getting my unit swapped out by Chord next week via a courier. Very impressed with their support on this.

Pretty sure it is a 2Go fault as my previous unit had no issues in the exact same setup.
As I've observed before, Chord is a company that stands by their products.

Sep 23, 2021 at 7:18 AM Post #5,723 of 6,290
...I was talking with my Linn/Naim/Chord dealer who was a digital comms engineer in his previous career, and he noted that certain network uses can saturate any WiFi system for brief periods. That's not a problem for most net uses, but it can cause packet drops that glitch music streaming...
All physical communication channels are lossy. This intrinsic lossiness is catered for in real life applications by introducing a communications protocol (CP) to eliminate the lossiness.

The CP operates over the lossy channel itself and as a result the raw bandwidth of the lossy channel is split between actual data transmission and protocol operation - a necessary sacrifice to enable the reliable transmission of data.

In real world situations this split varies with time depending on how hard the protocol has to be working to overcome random and fluctuating environmental factors in order to achieve lossless transmission.

Therefore the effective bandwidth of the channel varies with time, sometimes the data transmits quickly, other times more slowly.

If there is no real time constraint on the data rate such as when downloading an email then this is not an issue. However, when streaming music and video etc those periods when the actual data transmission rate falls short of the required data transmission rate have to be managed.

This is achieved with an additional buffering protocol that runs in the communicating devices in tandem with the lossless protocol.

The more the actual data rate in the channel fluctuates the bigger the device buffers have to be in order that data can always be made available to the target device at the required rate.

If the buffer in the target device ever empties then that is a streaming glitch. This would happen more often for smaller buffers than larger ones.

In audio and video streaming any glitches are obviously extremely hard for the user to tolerate. Even relatively few will seriously degrade the whole listening experience.

For these cases very generous provision in raw channel bandwidth between and buffer size in each of the devices is essential for a comfortable user experience.

Sep 23, 2021 at 3:08 PM Post #5,724 of 6,290
For these cases very generous provision in raw channel bandwidth between and buffer size in each of the devices is essential for a comfortable user experience.
The problem is that common client-server apps (such as photo backup in iOS or Android) can briefly saturate a home WiFi network if the ISP capacity is high enough. During those short bursts, streaming media won't flow. Roon RAAT, for instance, relies on TCP/IP so packets are not really lost, but they have to be retransmitted causing more packet arrival lag than Roon is willing to tolerate.

Sep 23, 2021 at 3:25 PM Post #5,725 of 6,290
Would it help to connect my 2go through a cheap wifi/ethernet adapter box?

Sep 23, 2021 at 6:01 PM Post #5,726 of 6,290
I changed a few Quality of Service settings on the router side of things and reversed the changed I had made that combines 2.4 and 5ghz in one network (where devices get automatically assigned); this was prompted by Wifi issues in Roon on my usual split 2.4ghz & 5ghz setup.

Ever since I made that change, 2Go is acting like a champ with no (knock on wood!) ”Tidal/Qobuz media is loading slowly“ messages.
I am getting the unit exchanged anyway just in case but good to know going forward.

Sep 26, 2021 at 4:39 PM Post #5,727 of 6,290
My Samsung 4K TV has never glitched while streaming far more demanding content.

I can even turn my M1 iPad Pro as a gaming console by remote accessing my Xbox Series X and then the Xbox Series X streams back the game to the iPad Pro on the fly.

So I don’t buy the BS about bad Wifi or “packets loss”, when the glitching only happens with Chord devices.

However, the 2GO improved alot after the latest firmware update, certaintly alot better than the Chord Poly, which is still stuck on the old firmware. This just shows it is all on Chord their side all along.

Now I am waiting for Chord to bring the Poly to the same level as the 2Go with a new firmware release.

Last edited:
Sep 29, 2021 at 3:04 PM Post #5,728 of 6,290
Am I the only one still experiencing Hugo 2 turning off because of low battery? This seems to occur after a week of use of Hugo2Go in desktop mode.

Of note the H2 battery has already been replaced last yea. Furthermore, Hugo 2 (without 2Go) has been happily working on desktop mode for a week without getting low battery.
I would lean toward a 2Go unit not behaving as expected.
Any thoughts?

Oct 4, 2021 at 1:06 PM Post #5,729 of 6,290
Not sure if this is Hugo or 2go related, but has anyone ever had an instance where the volume kept increasing on its own? I was in bed listening to my KSE1200 and this happened the first time ever. Wasn't touching my Bubbleupnp player or anything, just listening. It freaked me out, cuz my KSE amp starting blinking red like crazy (apart from the blasting in my ears). This is a very dangerous bug. If I wasn't wearing my headphones and heard this happen, could've damaged them. Need to be mindful of this now.

Happen to anyone else?

Oct 4, 2021 at 2:46 PM Post #5,730 of 6,290
Not sure if this is Hugo or 2go related, but has anyone ever had an instance where the volume kept increasing on its own? I was in bed listening to my KSE1200 and this happened the first time ever. Wasn't touching my Bubbleupnp player or anything, just listening. It freaked me out, cuz my KSE amp starting blinking red like crazy (apart from the blasting in my ears). This is a very dangerous bug. If I wasn't wearing my headphones and heard this happen, could've damaged them. Need to be mindful of this now.

Happen to anyone else?
If you identified a bug this is a problem, but just to put your mind a little at ease, blasting at max volume is not likely to damage your electronics or transducers. Your ears may complain but the gear is simply operating within the values of its components. It may be painfully loud and distorted to you but it doesn't make a real difference to the machines.

I'm not recommending you just leave it on this way for years, but accidental bursts like this will do nothing. Damage to gear isn't a matter of volume (dBs) but issues with electrical current like a surge or a short. So, with battery powered gear, you're pretty safe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back