Chord 2Go & 2Yu Wired/Wireless Network streamer and S/PDIF adaptor - Official thread
Jul 30, 2021 at 8:51 AM Post #5,672 of 6,290
Ok so its on 1.5.3 and alive and plays well. Gonna check USB OUT.
Update. USB out works well now.

@MarkParity Have you compared BNC out vs USB out? anything to mention from your experience?
Excellent, good to hear its all working OK now.

BNC is the best sounding output in my opinion, it is just that though, my opinion. Could I pick it out from the other outputs in a "blind test", no I'm sure I couldn't so its probably just a placebo effect.

I do use BNC whenever I can though even with Hugo 2. I have a BNC to 3.5mm cable for this purpose.

Jul 31, 2021 at 7:58 AM Post #5,673 of 6,290
Well I found the 1.53 update in the old Android app and updated from there - all seems fine. As no updated Gofigure app is showing in the play store I've now sideloaded it from Chord website. All functioning without any apparent issues even though I didn't initiate the firmware update from the new app.

Jul 31, 2021 at 2:08 PM Post #5,674 of 6,290
Well I found the 1.53 update in the old Android app and updated from there - all seems fine. As no updated Gofigure app is showing in the play store I've now sideloaded it from Chord website. All functioning without any apparent issues even though I didn't initiate the firmware update from the new app.
I think that if you side loaded gofigure before then it would not show up as an update on the play store even though that might be a more recent version. The play store almost certainly only tracks updates on apps that were originally installed via the play store.

As a matter of interest, Chord (Mitch Duce) informed me that side loading is no longer necessary even on Android 10 and above:

"Hello Stephen,
I hope you are well.
Just to let you know, the Google Play-store version of Gofigure is now compatible with devices running Android 10 and above.There’s no need to manually install the APK. We will keep the manual download option available for countries that have banned use of the Play-store.
Kind regards
Mitch Duce / Service Manager"

That was not directly solicited by me, but seems to have been a response to the question I posed in a previous posting here.

It also seems that it is even no longer necessary to install the 2go firmware over an Ethernet connection.

I just updated the firmware to 1.5.3 using a wi-fi connection via my phone and all seemed to go without a hitch.

🤞🏽🙂

Now to test it...

Last edited:
Jul 31, 2021 at 4:47 PM Post #5,675 of 6,290
...and all seemed to go without a hitch.

🤞🏽🙂

Now to test it...
Seems like the test went well too.

Dare we say that Chord seem to be getting the software sorted out? 😃

Jul 31, 2021 at 9:58 PM Post #5,676 of 6,290
Now to test it...
Thanks for the news on Android GoFigure, I'm glad Chord fixed the issue, I had a discussion with them a while ago about this because side-loading is insecure and not something that those of us with well locked-down current Android phones should do. I had updated by 2go with my iPad to 1.5.3 already. Unfortunately, it's still flaky over WiFi: I'm convinced now that the WiFi radio on the 2go is poorly designed and very sensitive to any interference. I was just listening to 2go+Hugo 2 in my backyard, 2m away from WiFi base station, line of sight, when the circulating pump for our hot water system started in the garage. Track skipping started immediately. Basically, the 2go radio is incapable or rejecting normal household EM interference. Not fit for purpose.

Aug 1, 2021 at 2:31 AM Post #5,677 of 6,290
Ok i cant be much happier of this streamer and whole combination. All in all realy stable playback both wifi and wired. But in the end how it sounds is sublime. Really thank you all Chord team!
FB_IMG_1627799280344.jpg

Aug 1, 2021 at 2:57 AM Post #5,678 of 6,290
Hey, as you get your 2Yu's please post impressions, esp. in comparison to higher end streamer/servers: Innuous, Antipodes, Naim, Grimm, etc.

On the one hand, it's hard to think the little 2Go/2Yu combo, with its battery PS, can stand with expensive dedicated desktop. On the other hand, you know, Chord.

Aug 1, 2021 at 3:12 AM Post #5,679 of 6,290
I have compared 2Go Hugo2 vs Auralic G1+QUtest. SO if we presume that Hugo2 sounds same as Qutest, this is test looks valid. I plugged one combo into one channel, and 2goHugo into another, both on roon syncronized. After 1hour test and switching on amp (Sugden IA4 + Proac D30RS) inputs, there was no audible difference at all. At All! In my opinion 2go (and 2yu) combo definetely plays in 3-5k mark. I am 95percent sure on that.

Aug 1, 2021 at 3:16 AM Post #5,680 of 6,290
Hey, as you get your 2Yu's please post impressions, esp. in comparison to higher end streamer/servers: Innuous, Antipodes, Naim, Grimm, etc.

On the one hand, it's hard to think the little 2Go/2Yu combo, with its battery PS, can stand with expensive dedicated desktop. On the other hand, you know, Chord.
it for sure stands , its just hard to think of that at first and maybe from its size. But chord is really in the game :)

Aug 2, 2021 at 9:48 PM Post #5,682 of 6,290
Hopefully Chord will make a Qutest size standalone streamer. I dont want to buy a 2go and 2Yu because I don't have a Hugo.
As I've mentioned before, Chord needs to rationalize its form factors.

Presently, their top system for streaming from the internet or playing from mass storage is 2go+2yu > Mscaler > Dave > some monster amp. Four (4!) different form factors in one system.

You can't stack it even with their expensive legs, you can't rack it, and on a stand or a flat surface it looks like a total mess. Especially the 2go+2yu which needs to be plugged into power on one side otherwise the 2yu won't run, the output comes from another side, and if connected to ethernet that goes in a THIRD side.

Don't get me wrong. I love what Chord is doing sonically. I understand the huge importance of good casework to sound. Chord has that sorted.

But c'mon guys. We need order to be imposed on the chaos.

Even if it means fleshing out the product line by essentially putting the same circuits in cases corresponding to the different form factors. Even that would allow the customer to buy into a given form factor and have a complete system in that form factor.

And please please make an upsampler to sandwich between the 2go and the Hugo2 🙏🏽 Pretty please with brass knobs on... 💖 😀 You can even call it "up2" so you have 2go up2 Hugo 😃

Aug 3, 2021 at 4:43 PM Post #5,683 of 6,290
I have experienced some sonic degradation of my Blu mkII playing CDs after connection of 2go/2yu. It reverts back to normal when I switch 2yu off and degrades again when 2yu is switched on. That is both on USB and BNC connections. Several HF ferrites (same as recommended for use between Blu mkII and DAVE) on BNC cable help and also improve sound quality of 2go/2yu. I urge you to try it.

Aug 3, 2021 at 5:55 PM Post #5,684 of 6,290
Did realize that I upgraded GoFigure but did not in fact update the 2go Firmware. That rookie mistake fixed. However... My new 2yu will still not power on.

2go is now on firmware 1.5.0.

2go is working when directly connected to Hugo 2 just fine.

Red orb is illuminated on 2yu.

Single press nor press and hold will turn on 2yu.

Very confused! @Mojo ideas I sent a note online to @ChordElectronics . This one has me puzzled.
No reply yet from @ChordElectronics @Mojo ideas team yet. Will resubmit online.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back