Chord 2Go & 2Yu Wired/Wireless Network streamer and S/PDIF adaptor - Official thread
Jul 29, 2021 at 10:04 AM Post #5,656 of 6,290
Jul 29, 2021 at 1:01 PM Post #5,658 of 6,290
Anyone know what was changed in the update?

Jul 29, 2021 at 1:20 PM Post #5,659 of 6,290
I assume with the new gofigure update we Android users still have to side load it as before?

Jul 29, 2021 at 1:56 PM Post #5,661 of 6,290
I didn't have to but then again I'm on a V30 with Android 10.
Also, is it recommended to update the 2go firmware first and then gofigure, vice versa, or doesn't it matter?

My instinct would be to update the firmware first and only when that is successful then update gofigure.

This on the basis that the new firmware should support the old gofigure, but the new gofigure might call upon the old 2go firmware to do things it cannot do thereby creating some kind of mess.

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2021 at 3:58 PM Post #5,662 of 6,290
Also, is it recommended to update the 2go firmware first and then gofigure, vice versa, or doesn't it matter?

My instinct would be to update the firmware first and only when that is successful then update gofigure.

This on the basis that the new firmware should support the old gofigure, but the new gofigure might call upon the old 2go firmware to do things it cannot do thereby creating some kind of mess.
I didn't upgrade the F/W only the GoFigure app. GoFigure still connects OK despite my 2go still running the old F/W so in this case I don't think it really matters.

Jul 29, 2021 at 6:27 PM Post #5,663 of 6,290
So i picked up this evening and finally got a moment to plug and setup everything.
I plugged BNC out (failed USB out maybe need to try more) to HMS. 2GO2YU is wired (flying). HMS and 2go2yu is on external battery (to avoid just in case RFI but that voids warranty for you to know). TT2 is on wall socket. Overall no sibilance, sounds detailed and warm.
I control from Mconnect app.
Results are stunning, 2go2yu articulation and separation is realy something you must hear. It is not the same as mobile or pc i used before.
Will report later after 1-2 days of how 2go2yu keeps it playing (hope flawlessly)
1627597712367.png

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2021 at 7:05 PM Post #5,664 of 6,290

From Chord Audio's website, it says update the app first, and then the firmware.

"*Please note that if you haven’t already updated your Gofigure app, please do so before you update your 2go’s firmware."
https://chordelectronics.co.uk/2go-firmware-news-3

Jul 30, 2021 at 6:35 AM Post #5,666 of 6,290
Can someone tell me is 2yu2go suppose to work just from 2go battery? Becouse it seems if i disconnect power supply from 2go, both units shut down.
No you have to keep the power applied to 2go all the time, that disappointed me too a little as I did want to use 2go2yu mobile, I still can but obviously need a separate power bank to power it.

Jul 30, 2021 at 6:41 AM Post #5,667 of 6,290
No you have to keep the power applied to 2go all the time, that disappointed me too a little as I did want to use 2go2yu mobile, I still can but obviously need a separate power bank to power it.
For me too that is sad.
And USB out does not work, hope software update fix it. Other than that sound is amazing, unit is very stable.

Jul 30, 2021 at 8:12 AM Post #5,668 of 6,290
For me too that is sad.
And USB out does not work, hope software update fix it. Other than that sound is amazing, unit is very stable.
Is that with the latest F/W? I did have some early issues with the 1.5.0 F/W but then it just started working with every USB DAC I tried and I do have a few from dongle dacs to portable dacs to desktop dacs.

Jul 30, 2021 at 8:17 AM Post #5,669 of 6,290
Is that with the latest F/W? I did have some early issues with the 1.5.0 F/W but then it just started working with every USB DAC I tried and I do have a few from dongle dacs to portable dacs to desktop dacs.
I am currently on 1,5,0 version of 2go. Dont want to upgrade for now , i think i will wait 1-2weeks to hear new on how other succeded. For now i just want to listen and draw my BPMN schemes for days :D

Jul 30, 2021 at 8:20 AM Post #5,670 of 6,290
So now with later than 1.5 version usb out works well?
P.S edited - ok i was to curious and pressed update firmware to newest. Hope it all goes well.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back