Chord 2Go & 2Yu Wired/Wireless Network streamer and S/PDIF adaptor - Official thread
Jul 12, 2021 at 1:13 PM Post #5,626 of 6,290
Not sure if this is intended 2go usage, but working perfectly for me. I suspect Chord will be along soon to say I can't do this, but I did anyway, its my inquisitive nature I think.

:)

20210712_180610.jpg

Jul 12, 2021 at 5:19 PM Post #5,627 of 6,290
Not sure if this is intended 2go usage, but working perfectly for me. I suspect Chord will be along soon to say I can't do this, but I did anyway, its my inquisitive nature I think.

:)

Could you use that setup to drive the USB input of a DAVE?

Jul 13, 2021 at 3:15 AM Post #5,628 of 6,290
@SteveHulk

Probably but I don't have a Dave, If somebody would like to lend me theirs I can try it. :wink:

I should add that I did use the 2yu's power button to get the 2go to power up and then swapped the USB cable over to the oppo HA-2SE DAC. 2go stayed powered on and accepted the Oppo as a valid DAC.

I haven't tried Hugo 2 as a method of "kick starting" the 2go but it may well work too. I will try it this evening.

This isn't something I intend to keep doing as I personally don't really have a use for it I just wanted to experiment.

Edit:

*** I CAN'T BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE YOU DO TO YOUR AUDIO GEAR ***

Do this at you own risk - obviously.

Verified working with Hugo2 used to start the 2go. I've tried it with a couple of different DAC's.

1. Plug 2go into USB power and Hugo 2.
2. Use Hugo 2's power button to start 2go and Hugo 2 as normal
3. Disconnect Hugo 2 and plug another DAC (Dave or whatever you have) into the top USB port on 2go, I use a micro USB extension cord male to female.
4. Use the 2go as normal.

Be careful not to damage the male micro USB connector, desktop use only.

This is probably a side-effect of the last F/W released to support 2yu, obviously Chord didn't test to see if this was possible as it kind of negates the purpose of the 2yu.

Chord will probably fix this in the next F/W and this is my last post on this subject as I don't want to anger the Chord gods too much.

No Dave sadly, still sounds and works great.

20210713_184859.jpg

Another option if you want spdif or optical.

20210713_194224.jpg

Last edited:
Jul 19, 2021 at 11:26 AM Post #5,629 of 6,290
Just wanted to throw a comment here because I think this thread may scare off potential users (it scared me).

I got the 2go this weekend. I have an eero mesh system with 3 satellites throughout my house.

When I first got the 2go, I hadn’t updated the firmware. I immediately got droupouts if I played anything over 44.1/48khz in Roon. Frankly, I even got one dropout at that sample rate.

I then upgraded the firmware. It took a few times (first from 1.0 to 1.03 and then to 1.5). From this point in I haven’t received any dropouts throughout my house - even running DXD 352khz or DSD 128.

I have been using Roon exclusively. In my bedroom, our family room, and while running on our treadmill. It’s been flawless since I upgraded firmware.

So for me, at least, it changed into a completely different product. Frankly, had I gotten it earlier in it’s software update cycle I would have been upset as well. This is just to note that for me, wifi did not work well on the initial firmware, and works flawlessly on 1.5.

Still, because all of our networks are different - and it doesn’t have 5ghz, I would buy it from someplace that has a decent return policy. Nonetheless, if the last few days are any indication - it’s matured enough to work quite well.

Jul 19, 2021 at 12:40 PM Post #5,630 of 6,290
I must be missing something. Green status light on the 2Go. Red Power orb on the 2Yu. But nothing happens when press or press and hold the Power orb?

Jul 19, 2021 at 8:02 PM Post #5,631 of 6,290
Just wanted to throw a comment here because I think this thread may scare off potential users (it scared me).

I got the 2go this weekend. I have an eero mesh system with 3 satellites throughout my house.

When I first got the 2go, I hadn’t updated the firmware. I immediately got droupouts if I played anything over 44.1/48khz in Roon. Frankly, I even got one dropout at that sample rate.

I then upgraded the firmware. It took a few times (first from 1.0 to 1.03 and then to 1.5). From this point in I haven’t received any dropouts throughout my house - even running DXD 352khz or DSD 128.

I have been using Roon exclusively. In my bedroom, our family room, and while running on our treadmill. It’s been flawless since I upgraded firmware.

So for me, at least, it changed into a completely different product. Frankly, had I gotten it earlier in it’s software update cycle I would have been upset as well. This is just to note that for me, wifi did not work well on the initial firmware, and works flawlessly on 1.5.

Still, because all of our networks are different - and it doesn’t have 5ghz, I would buy it from someplace that has a decent return policy. Nonetheless, if the last few days are any indication - it’s matured enough to work quite well.
Exactly my experience. Before last firmware update, I had a few dropouts. In order to get this usable, I bought one network extensor and used wired network connection.
Since firmware update never had another dropout via Wi-Fi and is working flawless as Roon endpoint.
I don’t have a fancy wi-fi network.
I think it’s important share some positive user experience because this combo is way above the average regarding sound quality.

Jul 20, 2021 at 2:38 AM Post #5,632 of 6,290
I must be missing something. Green status light on the 2Go. Red Power orb on the 2Yu. But nothing happens when press or press and hold the Power orb?
If you have power supplied to the 2go then it should power up when pressing the power "button"

If you want to experiment try disconnecting the two units and power the 2yu separately, the connections are clearly marked on the 2yu. As I have done before you can then connect the 2yu to a computer via the other USB port and it should be recognised as an audio device.

If that doesn't work then I would say you have a faulty 2yu.

Jul 20, 2021 at 9:02 AM Post #5,633 of 6,290
Did realize that I upgraded GoFigure but did not in fact update the 2go Firmware. That rookie mistake fixed. However... My new 2yu will still not power on.

2go is now on firmware 1.5.0.

2go is working when directly connected to Hugo 2 just fine.

Red orb is illuminated on 2yu.

Single press nor press and hold will turn on 2yu.

Very confused! @Mojo ideas I sent a note online to @ChordElectronics . This one has me puzzled.

Jul 20, 2021 at 10:59 PM Post #5,634 of 6,290
I have been using the h2go in my main system since a few months and slowly found myself not using it for portable purposes. It sounds great and all that but the constant plugging in and out of the rca's, power chord and ethernet cable was getting to me. I found myself listening more to my old ak kann while away from the main system, but also missing the roon experience of my full library.
To cut a long story short I got myself the ak Kann Alpha which is roon ready and now I get bit perfect roon upto 24/192 and dsd 64 with the album art on the Kann Alpha. No wifi problems so far ( 15 days). I do have to use the roon app on my phone as a control, so keep that in mind if you decide for it. (next and previous tracks, play and pause can be accessed directly on the KA).
Now the h2go remains permanently connected to my main system. No, I'm not affiliated to ak in any way, just wanting to offer a possible solution to those who might find themselves in a similar boat.

Jul 21, 2021 at 9:36 PM Post #5,635 of 6,290
I have been using the h2go in my main system since a few months and slowly found myself not using it for portable purposes. It sounds great and all that but the constant plugging in and out of the rca's, power chord and ethernet cable was getting to me. I found myself listening more to my old ak kann while away from the main system, but also missing the roon experience of my full library.
To cut a long story short I got myself the ak Kann Alpha which is roon ready and now I get bit perfect roon upto 24/192 and dsd 64 with the album art on the Kann Alpha. No wifi problems so far ( 15 days). I do have to use the roon app on my phone as a control, so keep that in mind if you decide for it. (next and previous tracks, play and pause can be accessed directly on the KA).
Now the h2go remains permanently connected to my main system. No, I'm not affiliated to ak in any way, just wanting to offer a possible solution to those who might find themselves in a similar boat.
Same here. H2go stays in main system.

However, in my case, Mojo/poly used around the house and abroad.

Jul 28, 2021 at 1:11 PM Post #5,638 of 6,290
New 2go F/W and GoFigure APP I bet its to fix the "bug" where 2go can be used with any USB DAC.

Now do I upgrade or stick with what I have. :wink:
Do they not provide a changelog? Or am I too much into open source projects?

Last edited:
Jul 28, 2021 at 11:56 PM Post #5,640 of 6,290
Updated my firmware today to the latest 1.5.3. The firmware update seemed to go well but now I can’t power on my 2Go. I disconnect the power and then connect the power and the 2Go is completely dead.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back