Chord 2Go & 2Yu Wired/Wireless Network streamer and S/PDIF adaptor - Official thread
Jul 6, 2021 at 6:48 PM Post #5,596 of 6,288
This has nothing to do with Chord.
Some people need to make differences vanish so they don’t have to suffer feelings of inadequacy when they can’t hear the difference themselves. Such people can’t be reasoned with as it’s emotion and not rational thinking that’s guiding them. ”Bits is bits” helps to prop up an imagined world where the differences they can’t hear simply don’t (and can‘t) exist. The real world is a very different place as everything comes with a cost.

Jul 6, 2021 at 7:06 PM Post #5,597 of 6,288
I was in the same bought a little over a year ago! Hugo2go was giving me headaches: it would not recognize my SD cards, etc. So I stopped listening until last week. What changed? I got Roon and use it as my transport for the hugo2go. Roon isn't perfect. But it makes life with the hugo2go so much easier!

This may not be what you want to hear: I would recommend using Roon for Tidal and Qobuz. I've integrated both services into Roon, and it works well. If you go the roon route, you can put your local library on your "Roon Core," which is what I do. If you want to use your sd cards in the 2go, then you might have to get a UPnP client on your iOS device. On Android I used to use BubbleUPnP. BubbleUPnP also integrates Tidal and Qobuz. Since I don't have Apple products, I can't recommend an equivalent iOS app.
As a newbie with a Hugo 2 and 2Go, my question is, I use Room at home and it streams Qobuz great, but as an iPhone user is there a way to stream Qobuz over a cellular network when I am on the go. I reviewed the FAQ on the Chord site and it states that I can load Qobuz via the gofigure app, but the app has no option to add Qobuz (even though the FAQ says it does).

From FAQ: "
You can now sign into your Tidal and Qobuz accounts using the Gofigure application.

Open the Gofigure application and connect to your Poly. Once you reach the home screen, press the ‘User’ option and fill out your Tidal and Qobuz login information. You will now be able to access the Tidal and Qobuz libraries via any DLNA application such as 8Player or Bubble uPnP."

There is no "User" option on the iPhone app.

Thanks for the help.

Last edited:
Jul 6, 2021 at 7:13 PM Post #5,598 of 6,288
As a newbie, my question is, I use Room at home and it streams Qobuz great, but as an iPhone user is there a way to stream Qobuz over a cellular network when I am on the go. I reviewed the FAQ on the Chord site and it states that I can load Qobuz via the gofigure app, but the app has no option to add Qobuz (even though the FAQ says it does).

You can now sign into your Tidal and Qobuz accounts using the Gofigure application.

Open the Gofigure application and connect to your Poly. Once you reach the home screen, press the ‘User’ option and fill out your Tidal and Qobuz login information. You will now be able to access the Tidal and Qobuz libraries via any DLNA application such as 8Player or Bubble uPnP."

Thanks for the help.
You need an app like mconnect. Gofigure will not stream Qobuz/Tidal.

What it will do is put a second device on MConnect that you choose that gives you access to Qobuz/Tidal.

8Player and Bubble should show the same. You should have two DLNA devices to choose from. One "server" and one "renderer".

Jul 7, 2021 at 12:02 AM Post #5,599 of 6,288
You need an app like mconnect. Gofigure will not stream Qobuz/Tidal.

What it will do is put a second device on MConnect that you choose that gives you access to Qobuz/Tidal.

8Player and Bubble should show the same. You should have two DLNA devices to choose from. One "server" and one "renderer".
Thanks a lot, but not sure I follow. I would appreciate the "How to stream Qobuz at the Park for Dummies" version.
When you state to but a second device on Mconnect, could you please break it down for me. What is meant by a second device?

I installed 8Player, but not sure what one "server" and one "renderer" refers to .

I enjoy listening to the Hugo2/2Go at home via Room. Just wondering if I can go to the local park and do the same via cellular.

I appreciate the help with the learning curve.

Jul 7, 2021 at 1:18 AM Post #5,600 of 6,288
Hi all, it has been a long time that I have sold my hugo2go. I decided to give another chance. I hope, it’s more stable now. I would like to know, which ios app is the best for streaming from Tidal and Qobuz and which one is for local sd stored library. Good for both is more appreciated for sure.
Hi,
if you plan to use Wifi mconnect works fine (with my setup). Roon was not usable for me due to frequent drops.

If you are OK with an ethernet cable then Roon is working fine as well.
I do not use the SD card so much but believe mconnect was working as well.
I hope this helps

Jul 7, 2021 at 1:55 AM Post #5,601 of 6,288
As a newbie with a Hugo 2 and 2Go, my question is, I use Room at home and it streams Qobuz great, but as an iPhone user is there a way to stream Qobuz over a cellular network when I am on the go. I reviewed the FAQ on the Chord site and it states that I can load Qobuz via the gofigure app, but the app has no option to add Qobuz (even though the FAQ says it does).

Thanks for the help.
The FAQ is slightly out of date. The ability to enter your user details, was removed by the latest update to GoFigure and 2Go. Presumably the FAQ will be updated when Poly receives it's firmware update, hopefully in the near future.

Jul 7, 2021 at 2:52 AM Post #5,602 of 6,288
2go has a desktop mode like the Hugo 2.

Thank you but that won't work for me as I disconnect every evening when I leave the office. If 2go has a desktop mode that's active after 24 hours like the Hugo 2 then in my usage it won't ever be enabled

I enjoy listening to the Hugo2/2Go at home via Room. Just wondering if I can go to the local park and do the same via cellular.

Yes you can but its not a simple plug and play type thing in my experience. The simplest way I've found is to use a separate mobile hotspot type device, whilst not essential it makes use on the go simpler and also works best.

Jul 7, 2021 at 4:58 AM Post #5,603 of 6,288
Hi, sorry if this has been covered already, but I can’t connect my 2go to my iPhone hotspot, as my iPhone does not show up as option in the “new network to add to 2go” list. My iPhone is using cellular data on 4G. Actually, I can see my mom or my dad’s iPhone networks when they’re around, I just don’t see my own network.

Jul 7, 2021 at 5:14 AM Post #5,604 of 6,288
Hi, sorry if this has been covered already, but I can’t connect my 2go to my iPhone hotspot, as my iPhone does not show up as option in the “new network to add to 2go” list. My iPhone is using cellular data on 4G. Actually, I can see my mom or my dad’s iPhone networks when they’re around, I just don’t see my own network.
I'm not an iPhone user so can't really help but do you have the hotspot setup as hidden SSID?

Jul 7, 2021 at 6:54 AM Post #5,606 of 6,288
After a few days trialling the 2yu I've decided pay for it and keep it, for my usage its perfect for scenarios where I need to use a DAC other than the Hugo2.

The only major concern I have with the 2yu is 2go battery damage.

I will explain, the 2yu must be powered via the 2go to work which means the 2go battery is always charged to 100%, not good for a lipo battery.

I suspect continued use of the 2go/2yu will cause battery damage which could include battery puffing etc, etc. I have considered opening up the 2Go and disconnecting its battery but that would obviously void my 2go warranty.
The battery issue your concerned about was taken into account during the design process

Jul 7, 2021 at 1:42 PM Post #5,607 of 6,288
I was in the same bought a little over a year ago! Hugo2go was giving me headaches: it would not recognize my SD cards, etc. So I stopped listening until last week. What changed? I got Roon and use it as my transport for the hugo2go. Roon isn't perfect. But it makes life with the hugo2go so much easier!

This may not be what you want to hear: I would recommend using Roon for Tidal and Qobuz. I've integrated both services into Roon, and it works well. If you go the roon route, you can put your local library on your "Roon Core," which is what I do. If you want to use your sd cards in the 2go, then you might have to get a UPnP client on your iOS device. On Android I used to use BubbleUPnP. BubbleUPnP also integrates Tidal and Qobuz. Since I don't have Apple products, I can't recommend an equivalent iOS app.
I also use BubbleUPnP on my Note 20 Ultra to connect to the Hugo2go.

It works fine.

Jul 8, 2021 at 2:15 AM Post #5,609 of 6,288
I got a new 2GO unit on loan yesterday with the new firmware update and it seems to perform alot better now.

A few things I noticed:
- the 2GO is now more reliable to be detected (I did not have to restart the 2GO yet to make it appear). However it is too soon to tell if this bug has been fixed as I only had the 2Go for a few hours.
- DSD256 music from my NAS drive —> 2GO + Hugo 2 went without problems so far.
- Music on the SD card went fine too.

Is the 2GO finally as good as my other DLNA / UPnP devices? I don’t know yet as I only had this 2GO with the latest firmware for a couple of hours. Maybe I will run into 2GO problems at some point of a week of using it. But it looks better than the previous firmware already,

All the people who have been constantly blaming my network (despite me having the fastest network money can buy and every single devices is able to stream flawless on the same network, even full blown BluRay movies), again have been proven wrong. It was all software issues on Chord their side as the new firmware made the 2GO perform alot better on my network.

Last edited:
Jul 8, 2021 at 2:17 AM Post #5,610 of 6,288

Users who are viewing this thread

Back