Chord 2Go & 2Yu Wired/Wireless Network streamer and S/PDIF adaptor - Official thread
Jun 26, 2021 at 12:35 AM Post #5,581 of 6,288
This is a really interesting way to use the 2Go...

Makes me wonder if an optical connection might cure the pops and clicks that impacts some users?

I'd always suspected that it was an issue related to the USB interface.

If anyone can test/confirm/deny, I'd be very curious.

cheers,
muski
Having settled the problem of the 2GO , the third day, setting a Wifi channel not used by my neighbors, I can not help you in this process.

It remains to add to the 2GO firmware a function of Adjustable delay so that the adaptation has a new sample rate allows to play the first second of the new track without interruption when we use one mscaler or some others DACs.
This fonction exists in my streamer Aurender.
It is strange that Chord developers have forgotten this function that is part of the fundamentals of the streamers and that Chord testers forgot to check compatibility with the mscaler.
Since the last firmware, I find that stability with Qobuz using BubbleUpNP is close to the Optimum since the 2GO is visible when completing the sharing within the Qobuz application.
So when I want to listen to one of my Qobuz playlist within the Qobuz application on Android,
I select my Qobuz playlist
I select share with
I select the 2GO icon (via bubble)
And the playlist starts even if the 2GO was already driving by another application such as Gofigure, Malp, etc. and even if the Bubble application was not started.

In summary, the 2GO2YU budget is well below that of my Aurender N100H and its USB / Optical interface and its battery wifi interface. And finally without RFI problem when i use the fiber in the box of the 2yu.

edit:
Thank you very much to Chord to create the last of the chord elements to finally exploit the qualities of my Chord Ultima 6 amp. It is here about of nuances, delicacy and subtlety but also of matter and presence. The sound is very visceral because the frequencies shake the body increasing the impression of realism of the instruments.
If a Wireworld Silver Electra main cable crossed the road from your Ultima amp, listen to what they will tell you.

Last edited:
Jun 26, 2021 at 4:13 PM Post #5,582 of 6,288
This is a really interesting way to use the 2Go...

Makes me wonder if an optical connection might cure the pops and clicks that impacts some users?

I'd always suspected that it was an issue related to the USB interface.

If anyone can test/confirm/deny, I'd be very curious.

cheers,
muski
Yes, but I’m not sure the optical/coax path is bit perfect. I have to check but between the usb and the optical/coax, it seems I don’t have the same volume. And another point, you can mute on the optical/coax but not on the usb connexion.

Jul 2, 2021 at 10:10 AM Post #5,584 of 6,288
no one else has 2yu yet?

I just picked one up for demo about 1 hour ago. :)

Edit:

Its working great over optical into my SMSL T1 desktop DAC.

Some observations:

1. USB doesn't seem to work for me yet with the two DAC's I've tried it with.
2. It appears the 2go->2yu has to be powered to work it doesn't power itself from the 2go battery.
3. 192/24 seems to be working fine over Wifi and over Optical into the SMSL DAC

If anyone wants me to test anything for them please let me know.

Another edit:

iFi XDSD works fine over USB and sounds good to me. :wink: Here's my transportable desktop setup.

20210702_165542.jpg

Last edited:
Jul 2, 2021 at 3:19 PM Post #5,585 of 6,288

Edit:

Some observations:

2. It appears the 2go->2yu has to be powered to work it doesn't power itself from the 2go battery.

Another edit:

iFi XDSD works fine over USB and sounds good to me. :wink: Here's my transportable desktop setup.

do you use Roon?

Jul 3, 2021 at 12:54 PM Post #5,587 of 6,288
Yes I have it running on my NAS but mainly use it for around the home and not usually when using headphones.

I just tried Roon and 2go with 2yu doesn't appear in the list of audio devices for me except here:

1625289846595.png
I find the 2go temperamental when switching between Roon only and non Roon modes. Sometimes you have to power cycle a couple times to get Roon to recognize it. I wish there was a way to force the 2go into Roon only mode.

I too run Roon core on a NAS.

Jul 4, 2021 at 4:20 AM Post #5,588 of 6,288
OK don't all add me to your ignored poster list for mentioning *Q* on Head-fi :wink:

The reason I tried MQA via MConnect (BubbleUPNP works too) -> 2go -> 2yu -> Cayin N6ii was to prove that this chain is really bit perfect end-to-end as MQA won't decode if the signal is in anyway altered.

I'm happy to report that the N6ii locks onto the USB datastream and decodes it perfectly proving that this setup is bitperfect over USB.

20210704_091001.jpg

Jul 4, 2021 at 5:02 AM Post #5,589 of 6,288

Edit:

Some observations:

Another edit:

Since you use optical, can you test if the 2GO + 2YU sounds different from an other random streamer (also using optical)?

Maybe some kind of blind test with your wife / girlfriend / sidechick is best.

Jul 4, 2021 at 6:32 AM Post #5,590 of 6,288
wife / girlfriend / sidechick
I will ask all of them and see which one can help. :wink:

The only other streamer I have is a raspberry pi running Volumio optical via a Hifiberry board and I can honestly detect no difference in sound between the Chord product and the Pi

Where Chord win for me is convenience and aesthetics, Pi's work well hidden, this looks great on my desk.

Pi with Volumio wins on price, obviously.

Jul 6, 2021 at 5:36 AM Post #5,591 of 6,288
After a few days trialling the 2yu I've decided pay for it and keep it, for my usage its perfect for scenarios where I need to use a DAC other than the Hugo2.

The only major concern I have with the 2yu is 2go battery damage.

I will explain, the 2yu must be powered via the 2go to work which means the 2go battery is always charged to 100%, not good for a lipo battery.

I suspect continued use of the 2go/2yu will cause battery damage which could include battery puffing etc, etc. I have considered opening up the 2Go and disconnecting its battery but that would obviously void my 2go warranty.

Jul 6, 2021 at 11:51 AM Post #5,592 of 6,288
Hi all, it has been a long time that I have sold my hugo2go. I decided to give another chance. I hope, it’s more stable now. I would like to know, which ios app is the best for streaming from Tidal and Qobuz and which one is for local sd stored library. Good for both is more appreciated for sure.

Jul 6, 2021 at 5:30 PM Post #5,593 of 6,288
Hi all, it has been a long time that I have sold my hugo2go. I decided to give another chance. I hope, it’s more stable now. I would like to know, which ios app is the best for streaming from Tidal and Qobuz and which one is for local sd stored library. Good for both is more appreciated for sure.
I was in the same bought a little over a year ago! Hugo2go was giving me headaches: it would not recognize my SD cards, etc. So I stopped listening until last week. What changed? I got Roon and use it as my transport for the hugo2go. Roon isn't perfect. But it makes life with the hugo2go so much easier!

This may not be what you want to hear: I would recommend using Roon for Tidal and Qobuz. I've integrated both services into Roon, and it works well. If you go the roon route, you can put your local library on your "Roon Core," which is what I do. If you want to use your sd cards in the 2go, then you might have to get a UPnP client on your iOS device. On Android I used to use BubbleUPnP. BubbleUPnP also integrates Tidal and Qobuz. Since I don't have Apple products, I can't recommend an equivalent iOS app.

Jul 6, 2021 at 6:20 PM Post #5,595 of 6,288
After a few days trialling the 2yu I've decided pay for it and keep it, for my usage its perfect for scenarios where I need to use a DAC other than the Hugo2.

The only major concern I have with the 2yu is 2go battery damage.

I will explain, the 2yu must be powered via the 2go to work which means the 2go battery is always charged to 100%, not good for a lipo battery.

I suspect continued use of the 2go/2yu will cause battery damage which could include battery puffing etc, etc. I have considered opening up the 2Go and disconnecting its battery but that would obviously void my 2go warranty.
2go has a desktop mode like the Hugo 2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back