Chord 2Go & 2Yu Wired/Wireless Network streamer and S/PDIF adaptor - Official thread
Jun 22, 2020 at 6:22 PM Post #2,686 of 6,288
The new app build is still a butt-ugly mess of random font sizes, opaque UI elements (play the fun game of "is this a clickable button or not?")... Ah well.

Given how little one should have to use this app I think the priority definitely should be on stability over UX. That being said if Chord ever go down the track of having their app do more than just configure settings (i.e. make it a full fat music player) then it would be a different matter. For now I am happy that they are fixing bugs, even if gradually.

Jun 22, 2020 at 6:35 PM Post #2,687 of 6,288
Nice writeup about the PW @edwardsean . Thank you for sharing that. Not something I need, some interesting TIL stuff!

Don't get pissy at Chord for app store availability - they literally have no control over that. You submit the app to Google Play and the Apple AppStore and then they take it from there - at whatever speed (or lack thereof) they feel like - and it can be staged out by geography - and even within a geography - by Google and Apple - Chord doesn't control that.

I just got the Android update, FWIW (in the US).

Doody

Jun 22, 2020 at 8:47 PM Post #2,688 of 6,288
2go v1.2.90 for Android already:
Capture+_2020-06-23-08-45-43.png

Jun 22, 2020 at 11:46 PM Post #2,690 of 6,288
How can the RCA outputs be better than the headphone jacks when they are all internally linked?
If you believe that this adapter makes a difference sheerly based on the connectors, then you also have to believe that it also presents some loss over the direct 6.3 or 3.5 connection.

The issue, discussed elsewhere with Rob Watts (and I also brought it up in person with him) is likely crosstalk in the 6.5mm connectors, making an adaptor from the RCA jacks and a better connector give the sense of a wider soundstage. This was argued back when people were saying that the Hugo 2 sounded better with an external amp, as everyone's amps were hooked up from the RCA jacks.

Sometimes there are problems with audio we simply don't know about until they are discovered, tested, and and someone points them out.

And no sign of firmware

Matt said in effect that the firmware was going to come later, and the update was in preparation for that. He didn't make it clear in his posts about the GoFigure update though.

Based on previous experience and because Apple are still suffering some delays due to Covid I would say it will be at least 24 hours before the
new version of Gofigure will roll out worldwide.

Just showed up here.

Jun 23, 2020 at 1:48 AM Post #2,691 of 6,288
Updated the iOS app. Launched it. I get the infinite spinning wheel as the 2Go fails to pair via Bluetooth.
I have to kill the app, go into Bluetooth settings, delete the 2Go and re-pair to get it working.
Not exactly a delightful experience after installing a promising app update!

@Matt, will the firmware upgrade fix this Bluetooth bug?

Jun 23, 2020 at 2:47 AM Post #2,692 of 6,288
Updated the iOS app. Launched it. I get the infinite spinning wheel as the 2Go fails to pair via Bluetooth.
I have to kill the app, go into Bluetooth settings, delete the 2Go and re-pair to get it working.

I thought I was the only one struggling with bluetooth connection.

My Apple Airpod Pro, Powerbeats Pro, Bose QC 35 II, Bose NC 700, Sony WH-1000XM3, .... and so on .... have no problem connecting over bluetooth. So I am 100% sure it is not a problem with my phone.

Jun 23, 2020 at 2:48 AM Post #2,693 of 6,288

I have experienced the same as you after GoFigure upgraded to v2.05

Jun 23, 2020 at 2:50 AM Post #2,694 of 6,288
Jun 23, 2020 at 3:21 AM Post #2,695 of 6,288
can someone confirm that when the 2go is attached to the Hugo 2 you cannot use the 2go USB port as an input but only for recharge? I find this is really a huge downside. Having to unscrew the thing everytine I want the HUgo 2 back to its original main functionality (ie working as usb dac)!

Jun 23, 2020 at 3:24 AM Post #2,696 of 6,288
can someone confirm that when the 2go is attached to the Hugo 2 you cannot use the 2go USB port as an input but only for recharge? I find this is really a huge downside. Having to unscrew the thing everytine I want the HUgo 2 back to its original main functionality (ie working as usb dac)!
confirmed. Some posts already mentioned this

Jun 23, 2020 at 3:44 AM Post #2,697 of 6,288

Hi @muski this is not really a bug but extra security Apple built in to the Bluetooth connection with some of the latest iOS updates. When you reinstall the app it can change the security key stored in the Bluetooth profile so you may need to delete the original connection and reconnect. I'll try to get this made clearer in our FAQ and possibly add some additional instruction in the app for the next update.

Jun 23, 2020 at 3:50 AM Post #2,698 of 6,288
Hi @muski this is not really a bug but extra security Apple built in to the Bluetooth connection with some of the latest iOS updates. When you reinstall the app it can change the security key stored in the Bluetooth profile so you may need to delete the original connection and reconnect. I'll try to get this made clearer in our FAQ and possibly add some additional instruction in the app for the next update.

I don't get this on my 11 Pro Max (latest firmware);

Jun 23, 2020 at 3:57 AM Post #2,699 of 6,288
Matt can obviously answer for Chord, but at the time the Poly was first released, the packaging and manual stated support for Chromecast/ Google cast. That never materialised and I was quite hacked off at the time as I bought the Poly partly for its promise of Cast support. In the end, I went out and bought an iPad to access the Poly via airplay as well as using DLNA via my android stuff. I don't think a satisfactory reason was ever given by Chord on their failure to follow through with Cast support but in an unguarded moment, perhaps, in the middle of discussions in the Poly forum, they pointed out that Android users were a small minority of their customer base. Make of that what you will.

Indeed John Franks, the founder & the owner of the company, CEO & CDO (chief design officer) promised this feature more than 3 years ago and everyone would really like an update on this. But he seems interested only in this thread, the one for Poly seems to be forgotten. Also I'm really curious if they will make the same promise for Chord 2Go.

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/cho...-on-1st-page-◄★☆.831347/page-79#post-13265521

Jun 23, 2020 at 4:59 AM Post #2,700 of 6,288
Given how little one should have to use this app I think the priority definitely should be on stability over UX. That being said if Chord ever go down the track of having their app do more than just configure settings (i.e. make it a full fat music player) then it would be a different matter. For now I am happy that they are fixing bugs, even if gradually.

I too use ethernet feed and Roon. Ethernet cos my 2Go doesnt even see my wifi network (yes, 2GO's wifi support is that broken).

Unfortunately, you cannot prioritise stability over UX when you are down a hole, because the underlying problems are systemic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back