Chord 2Go & 2Yu Wired/Wireless Network streamer and S/PDIF adaptor - Official thread
Jun 23, 2020 at 5:17 AM Post #2,701 of 6,290
Hi @muski this is not really a bug but extra security Apple built in to the Bluetooth connection with some of the latest iOS updates. When you reinstall the app it can change the security key stored in the Bluetooth profile so you may need to delete the original connection and reconnect. I'll try to get this made clearer in our FAQ and possibly add some additional instruction in the app for the next update.

Is it perhaps possible to sort out this with the 2GO / GoFigure so that we do not need to do extra steps?

My Bluetooth headphones are not affected by this extra security.

Jun 23, 2020 at 5:19 AM Post #2,702 of 6,290
I too use ethernet feed and Roon. Ethernet cos my 2Go doesnt even see my wifi network (yes, 2GO's wifi support is that broken).

Unfortunately, you cannot prioritise stability over UX when you are down a hole, because the underlying problems are systemic.

I mean if you’re down a hole you would pick the thing that gets you out of that hole - stability. Hole analogies aside it would be great if it was a beautiful app but I’d rather a working app that looks ugly than a flawed app that looks beautiful.

Jun 23, 2020 at 5:37 AM Post #2,703 of 6,290
Is it perhaps possible to sort out this with the 2GO / GoFigure so that we do not need to do extra steps?

You can't override Apple's security settings.

Last edited:
Jun 23, 2020 at 5:50 AM Post #2,705 of 6,290
I connected no problem with bluetooth after my iPhone 10 app upgrade.
Of course, as soon as I walked out of the room I lost connection immediately but that is to be expected until the firmware is upgraded.
I have had two hours of uninterrupted music with my 2go in clear line of sight to the router so far today. That counts as a success.

Jun 23, 2020 at 6:01 AM Post #2,706 of 6,290
You can't override Apple's security settings.

My Bluetooth headphones must do something right as they do not get into trouble with Apple security?

Jun 23, 2020 at 6:06 AM Post #2,707 of 6,290
If this security act is just one time action, it should be acceptable

I suppose so. Maybe it is just me, but I am used to having devices just working without having to do work arounds. Especially when it is $1300.

Last edited:
Jun 23, 2020 at 6:38 AM Post #2,708 of 6,290

Hi @ubs28 Your headphones will be using Bluetooth Audio and not Bluetooth Low Energy. It is different. Apple incorporate additional security into BLE devices as you wouldn't want something like a medical device to be hacked. I know it is frustrating but Apple repeat the pairing request periodically to make sure you are aware that something is trying to access data from your phone. The longer term goal is to offer WiFi as an alternative BLE connectivity to remove the need for pairing. This is already available for 2Go on Android devices and we are working with Apple to try and provide this for iOS as well.

Jun 23, 2020 at 7:35 AM Post #2,711 of 6,290
Playing around (testing) this morning, I deleted ("forgot device") all my bluetooth connections to the Chord products to get a fresh start. I'm now getting two identically named bluetooth Device connections from the 2Go, and one from the H2, for a total of 3. I appear to be able to pair and then subsequently connect successfully to all 3 as well, and simultaneously. I didn't seem to have this situation a few days ago (to my memory). This is on an iPhone 10 with the latest iOS updates, and the GoFigure app also seems to have been updated overnight to the new version (2.05?). I did change the name of the 2Go device and repeat it, confirming that's it's definitely the 2Go giving two connections.

Oddly, one of the 2Go connections doesn't show the info symbol so I'm not sure what that signifies, but also presumably means I don't know how to "forget" it now. EDIT: Both now show the info button, but only one allows me to disconnect, while both allow me to forget now.

Anyone else find this to be the case for them? Perhaps an odd scenario caused by connecting via the updated GoFigure app and the old firmware on the 2Go?

503D17AB-6C19-4AC3-BC6A-8B5ECC9BD4EF_1_102_o.jpeg

Last edited:
Jun 23, 2020 at 7:44 AM Post #2,712 of 6,290
Perhaps John should take a step back and let Matt be the face of the company on the net as he was promoted into. I have a TT2 on order to go with my other Chord collection. I hope it’s not my last.

I think TT2 is mind-bendingly good.

There Is another flaw in the design of the product: as
soon as
you mounted the 2go on the Hugo, you are
killing the USB Dac capability. Which means that if you want to use the DAC through USB input il you have to dismantle the 2go. frustrating.

Have not adopted 2Go yet. However if I had one, I would not likely use USB input, although it may be preferable to have it. I would use SD card and end it there.

Jun 23, 2020 at 7:44 AM Post #2,713 of 6,290
Playing around (testing) this morning, I deleted ("forgot device") all my bluetooth connections to the Chord products to get a fresh start. I'm now getting two identically named bluetooth Device connections from the 2Go, and one from the H2, for a total of 3. I appear to be able to pair and then subsequently connect successfully to all 3 as well, and simultaneously. I didn't seem to have this situation a few days ago (to my memory). This is on an iPhone 10 with the latest iOS updates, and the GoFigure app also seems to have been updated overnight to the new version (2.05?). I did change the name of the 2Go device and repeat it, confirming that's it's definitely the 2Go giving two connections.

Oddly, one of the 2Go connections doesn't show the info symbol so I'm not sure what that signifies, but also presumably means I don't know how to "forget" it now.

Anyone else find this to be the case for them? Perhaps an odd scenario caused by connecting via the updated GoFigure app and the old firmware on the 2Go?

503D17AB-6C19-4AC3-BC6A-8B5ECC9BD4EF_1_102_o.jpeg
Yes this is correct. You will see a BLE connection to 2Go (which is the one without the info symbol next to it). It will show connected when Gofigure is using it. The other two are the Bluetooth Audio connections for music playback. There will be one for 2Go and another for the internal Bluetooth inside Hugo2.

Jun 23, 2020 at 7:48 AM Post #2,714 of 6,290
Yes this is correct. You will see a BLE connection to 2Go (which is the one without the info symbol next to it). It will show connected when Gofigure is using it. The other two are the Bluetooth Audio connections for music playback. There will be one for 2Go and another for the internal Bluetooth inside Hugo2.

Got it, thank you.

Jun 23, 2020 at 10:53 AM Post #2,715 of 6,290
Hi @muski this is not really a bug but extra security Apple built in to the Bluetooth connection with some of the latest iOS updates. When you reinstall the app it can change the security key stored in the Bluetooth profile so you may need to delete the original connection and reconnect. I'll try to get this made clearer in our FAQ and possibly add some additional instruction in the app for the next update.
Makes sense. Thanks, Matt!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back