Chord 2Go & 2Yu Wired/Wireless Network streamer and S/PDIF adaptor - Official thread
Jun 22, 2020 at 5:14 AM Post #2,657 of 6,290
Usb c and 4.4mm balanced. This thing would rock.

Remember Chord is using their own fpga. There is no two dacs. No need for 4.4mm balance just for the sake of adding it.

Jun 22, 2020 at 6:17 AM Post #2,660 of 6,290
Cynic?

how about...
conspiracy theorist?
Call it whatever you want, it's all semantics. Bottom line is there are many people reporting issues with a £1k piece of equipment, and the head of Chord is acting like someone who is aware that the pressure is mounting for a solution before people go further than just posting on a few hifi forums .

Jun 22, 2020 at 6:24 AM Post #2,661 of 6,290
Call it whatever you want, it's all semantics. Bottom line is there are many people reporting issues with a £1k piece of equipment, and the head of Chord is acting like someone who is aware that the pressure is mounting for a solution before people go further than just posting on a few hifi forums .
If everyone returns the 2go... and orders stop... WATCH how fast they hire real engineers to fix this.

Jun 22, 2020 at 11:18 AM Post #2,662 of 6,290
Stage one of the firmware rollout has just completed.
There are now new versions of Gofigure for Android and iOS released which will be available across the world over the next 24 hours. V 1.2.90 for Android , V2.05 for iOS.
These include bug fixes and some essential updates for the new 2Go firmware.

Jun 22, 2020 at 11:28 AM Post #2,664 of 6,290
Stage one of the firmware rollout has just completed.
There are now new versions of Gofigure for Android and iOS released which will be available across the world over the next 24 hours. V 1.2.90 for Android , V2.05 for iOS.
These include bug fixes and some essential updates for the new 2Go firmware.
Good news! Progress FTW!

Is there a changelog? Happy to test against it. You know you have a largely-willing set of idiots here willing to do free labor for you :wink:.

Doody

Jun 22, 2020 at 11:35 AM Post #2,665 of 6,290
Good news! Progress FTW!

Is there a changelog? Happy to test against it. You know you have a largely-willing set of idiots here willing to do free labor for you :wink:.

Doody
Here is a basic list but primarily the update to Gofigure is to optimise operation with the upcoming firmware release.

• playlist refresh
• battery status fix (requires updated firmware)
• additional radio stations
• DSD/bit perfect volume fixing
• general prompt message fixes
• BT pin when connecting via WiFi fix
• toggle switch changes (Android)
• WiFi network settings stability improvements
• music services login credentials fix
• manual SUBMIT button in WiFi settings fix
• WiFi switching wait message.

Jun 22, 2020 at 11:54 AM Post #2,666 of 6,290
Here is a basic list but primarily the update to Gofigure is to optimise operation with the upcoming firmware release.

• playlist refresh
fingers crossed!

Jun 22, 2020 at 12:00 PM Post #2,667 of 6,290

• playlist refresh

Thanks, Matt. Are there any fixes that apply to Poly or are they all specific to 2Go?

Jun 22, 2020 at 12:43 PM Post #2,668 of 6,290
I feel your pain jonnyt.
My experience is fairly similar to yours. I can listen to music for several hours on Go2/Hugo 2 as long as its running purely on battery. However I too find that I can't charge while listening as I also lose network connection. I even tried charging from a Powerbank just in case my charger was at fault, but same result. As I've stated here the Go2 is the only piece of electrical equipment in my house that experiences any kind of network issues. It is obvious that the problem is with Go2/Hugo2.
It doesn't help when Chord representatives turn a deaf ear to any requests for support here on the forum.

Weird. I mostly use Hugo2Go in desktop mode ie connected to power. No issues

Jun 22, 2020 at 12:48 PM Post #2,669 of 6,290
Guys I understand that some of you are very frustrated but to put it into perspective the vast majority
of customers do not have these issues and are very happy with 2Go. Of course this does not mean that
we have been ignoring the problems you have identified - far from it.
We have been working very hard behind the scenes to get some fixes to you although it is far from
straightforward due to the nature of these problems but also because we have been trying to work
through what has been some of the most challenging times ever due to Coronavirus outbreak.

Anyway the good news is that next week we will be releasing a fix for the pops and clicks issue
and also the Airplay issue.
I know you have reported other problems which we are still looking at but hopefully this will
be good news for most of you.

As soon as I have the release day I will let you know.

Thank you for the update. For me things have been going swimmingly from the start on all fronts but I am glad that you guys have been keeping busy with 2Go!

Last edited:
Jun 22, 2020 at 12:53 PM Post #2,670 of 6,290
Hifi world is full of mysteries. Guys maybe correct me if I am wrong, RCA is a kind of unbalanced standard (negative and ground together); for 3.5mm and 1/4" jack output, at least it's called balanced (negative and ground pole separate). So normally speaking balanced signal will be better for long run cable in noise reduction. In our headfi world, normal cable is only 1.2m, balanced / unbalanced should not be critical, the rest maybe video talking about "cross-talk". RCA have an advantage of left and right channel separation in space, it really have a few cm distance separation between left and right channel, that is quite critical for headfi listening, and still not mentioned about the conductor for connecting the circuit.

Yes I love physics and science, but I trust my ears also.
In addition, I have not just heard one RCA adaptor, but 2 adaptors, and I could tell there are big difference of the performance between these 2, just like you listen to different earphone cables.

"Balanced" can mean different things, depending on whether you are talking about headphone amplifiers or audio cables.

For headphones, it means completely separate (unconnected) ground for each channel. Hence the need for 4 conductors. "Single Ended" combines the grounds for each channel.

For cables, it means the primary signal is split and one part is inverted from the other, along with a separate ground and shield.. This provides superior interference (think RFI) rejection, allowing for much longer cable runs. For unbalanced cables, the negative, ground, and shield are combined together.

I suspect (but haven't seen any schematics) the the grounds for the RCA jack are combined inside the H2. So the adaptors you've tried may provide a separate ground for each channel to the headphone, the grounds still (probably??) are not separated at the amp stage. Thus, the signal at the headphone is not truly balanced.

The fact that you can distinctively the difference is interesting. It could be that my guess about the H2 is wrong. Otherwise, you may be experiencing confirmation bias.

Of course, it's your ears and your money, so enjoy!! At times, even confirmation bias can be an enjoyable, if misleading, experience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back