Chord 2Go & 2Yu Wired/Wireless Network streamer and S/PDIF adaptor - Official thread
May 20, 2020 at 7:33 PM Post #2,131 of 6,290
Okay, so Doody's post about Hi Res files got me thinking, so I ran some tests.

As I suspected it is only at max sample rate: 768. I think that if DSD is an issue it might also be at DSD512.

I upsampled the same PCM file at: 96,128, 256, 512, 768. All the way up to 512 everything was nice and quiet. As soon as I engaged the 768 file, and the light went light purple–squealing. The squealing stayed on until the music started. If I paused, still squealing. As long as the SR indicator is light purple it squeals without music.

As soon as I switched to a lower sample rate file the squealing went away and operation was completely normal.

If anyone out there has upsampling software and confirm this that would be great.

@Matt Bartlett, I hope this helps.

May 20, 2020 at 8:30 PM Post #2,132 of 6,290
For me it's: H2Go + Hi Res + Convolution X2 (w/upmixing) + Rigelian ➔ EA Hours + LCDi4. Transportable magic.

I gotta say, H2Go has become my favorite audio device, I think, of all time. My only real remaining issue is the squealing, and even that can't dampen my joy.
May I know what is "Convolution X2"? Is it a kind of logarithm, or a hardware? Thx

May 20, 2020 at 8:54 PM Post #2,133 of 6,290
This squealing is so bizarre. I have no such problem. I have NOT upsampled ANY files - via HQPlayer or otherwise. I have MP3s, tons of redbook, DSF 64 through 256, and FLACs from 16/48 up to DXD. Occasionally the hires files had to be converted to FLAC from another format, but I never upsampled them, per se.

No 'squealing' from or between any files I've ever played on my H2go.

Have you compared your upsampled files to the original files to see if it's the upsampling process creating the noise?

Doody

PS: My hi-res files have come from HDTracks, NativeDSD, rips of SACDs, ProStudioMasters, HDTT, and probably 3-5 other nichey outfits. No problems across any of the sources.
May I ask what brand and model of sd card you are using for 2go?

May 20, 2020 at 10:10 PM Post #2,135 of 6,290
I got my Valentinum case today! It took just shy of four weeks from order to delivery - Kyiv to Boston. They shipped it very quickly on their end - but the transit was a major grind.

I will update this post with pictures later today after my meetings clear up and I down a bottle of bourbon :wink:.

UPDATE

The photos were taken in bright sunlight. The case is actually a bit darker than it comes off in the pictures. A red-burgundy color. This is eel skin.

Doody

20200520_170422.jpg

20200520_170431.jpg

20200520_170444.jpg

20200520_170457.jpg

nice.

another option https://www.vannuys.co.jp/official/new_item/ve211/

May 21, 2020 at 8:22 AM Post #2,139 of 6,290
May I know what is "Convolution X2"? Is it a kind of logarithm, or a hardware? Thx

I remaster all my music files using extensive DSP so I can take them with me portably. Otherwise I would always need to be tethered to a computer for real-time processing. (Wifi doesn't have the bandwidth to stream these files).

My files go through EQ and one stage of convolution to correct my headphones, then upmixing from stereo to 5.1, then a second stage of convolution to send the 6 channels to virtual speakers, which is downmixed back to stereo and then upsampled to high resolution.

May 21, 2020 at 8:34 AM Post #2,140 of 6,290
What are the settings to use in BubbleUPnP...?

Screenshot_20200521-153355117.jpg

May 21, 2020 at 11:05 AM Post #2,141 of 6,290
I have bought a 128G MicroSD SanDisk Extreme Pro, and copy some dsd (dsf) files, flac, wav, and random listening for a few hour. There is very normal listening, without any squealing noise when stop, no clicks between tracks, and even no "pops and clicks" during the tracks, very clean and normal sound, maybe all guys can test with SanDisk and leave your result here.

May 21, 2020 at 11:36 AM Post #2,144 of 6,290
I have bought a 128G MicroSD SanDisk Extreme Pro, and copy some dsd (dsf) files, flac, wav, and random listening for a few hour. There is very normal listening, without any squealing noise when stop, no clicks between tracks, and even no "pops and clicks" during the tracks, very clean and normal sound, maybe all guys can test with SanDisk and leave your result here.

Sandisk is not the solution because I also use Sandisk SD cards.

May 21, 2020 at 2:37 PM Post #2,145 of 6,290
My files go through EQ and one stage of convolution to correct my headphones, then upmixing from stereo to 5.1, then a second stage of convolution to send the 6 channels to virtual speakers, which is downmixed back to stereo and then upsampled to high resolution.

Wow, no wonder you have squealing :)

Many ensure bit perfect playback from master, and you do this!

Hope you get it sorted, but stereo to multi-channel and back is not normal usage my friend!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back