Chord 2Go & 2Yu Wired/Wireless Network streamer and S/PDIF adaptor - Official thread
May 19, 2020 at 8:08 AM Post #2,101 of 6,290
As soon as I get a chance I will create some files using HQplayer and try it out. Can you just confirm that these same files will play and show the album art correctly if you play them locally from your computer via USB to Hugo2. It would be good to know if they play locally from J River as well.

Yes. They play fine locally, with all the metadata and album art appearing correctly. I used Audirvana recently, but I remember JRMC was fine too when I tried it a while back.

Also, I asked before, but will it be possible to make both SDcards accesible simultaneously in the future?

Thanks Matt!

Last edited:
May 19, 2020 at 9:18 AM Post #2,102 of 6,290
Yes. They play fine locally, with all the metadata and album art appearing correctly. I used Audirvana recently, but I remember JRMC was fine too when I tried it a while back.

Also, I asked before, but will it be possible to make both SDcards accesible simultaneously in the future?

Thanks Matt!
Yes there are a few posts from me about accessing both SD cards at the same time. The issue we have to resolve is how to handle the database file as it can only be saved on one card if both are to be visible at the same time. That's fine as long as you don't remove one of the cards. So yes it's a work in progress but it is something we want to add in the future.

May 19, 2020 at 12:49 PM Post #2,103 of 6,290
Yes there are a few posts from me about accessing both SD cards at the same time. The issue we have to resolve is how to handle the database file as it can only be saved on one card if both are to be visible at the same time. That's fine as long as you don't remove one of the cards. So yes it's a work in progress but it is something we want to add in the future.

I just transferred my current files onto a single 1TB SDcard. It's so nice to have access to my whole library, without having to switch cards. I'm really glad to hear this is somewhere in the pipeline.

May 19, 2020 at 1:21 PM Post #2,104 of 6,290
That's interesting. I've been using an extender. Actually, just switched to a better main router and started to connect to it instead. Haven't spent time this evening listening yet. I'll report back.

An update from last night after switching to a new/better router, and no longer using the wifi extender. Still getting the clicks/pops like usual. No change.

May 19, 2020 at 2:50 PM Post #2,105 of 6,290
Guys, I've found the solution to all of my troubles, apart from the Hi Res squealing. One app is just a country mile ahead of every other one I've tried. And... it starts with 'R.'

Nope, not Roon.

Rigelian.

It's so good that I wondered why more people don't talk about it here. I realized, I think it's because it's IOS/Mac only. So, if you're on Android/PC don't read any further. It will only make you sad. But, if you're on IOS, this is it.

It takes some work to set it up. At least it did for me, especially because all of my artwork was embedded. So, I had to put all my files into a folder structure and extract the cover art to the folders. A good metadata tagger like Yate can automate this process, but, you also need some scripts to make this work. All my custom artwork shows up perfectly now and anything missing, along with Artists view, is populated by Discogs with biographical information.

I love the the mechanics of the app and the whole way it's arranged. On an iPad, this is one of the best user experiences I've ever had with any music library ever.

The clincher for me is that it's also offered, far and away, the fastest and most reliable operation. The connection has never locked quicker and been more stable. The icing on the cake was that I went to the App Store and there is a Mac OS version! The iPhone, iPad, and Mac versions all share the same UI, which is fantastic.

The downside of Rigelian is that it is only offered on a subscription basis (that, and the era Windows95 icon). The developer gives the usual boilerplate justification as ongoing money is needed for continued development. I think the money itself also has something to do with it too. However, you can clearly see how an app that is undergoing active development is clearly superior to apps that aren't. Fortunately, the cost is $3.49 a year across all platforms, so it's like Roon–if you live another 200 years. There's a stripped down free version to try out as well.

The app has some minor glitches but, in Rigelian, I finally feel like the 2Go has a finished UX.

I'm gong to stop here, because I'm know I'm sounding like a total shill. I have no affiliation to this product and I just found it last night. Full confession, since I found it, I haven't slept.

May 19, 2020 at 4:28 PM Post #2,107 of 6,290
Blimey,

I have just watched the only two reviews I can find on You Tube, one by John Darko and the other by Audio-KH, they are poles apart about the 2 Go, which one is telling the truth and do you guys believe is the right review?

I don't see how anyone can consider the one from Darko a review. It's just a product overview, not too far from an ad. I mean, it was a good watch, but not a review.

May 19, 2020 at 6:08 PM Post #2,108 of 6,290
Blimey,

I have just watched the only two reviews I can find on You Tube, one by John Darko and the other by Audio-KH, they are poles apart about the 2 Go, which one is telling the truth and do you guys believe is the right review?

You missed the fact that they are reviewing two different units. Audio-KH was using the evil black H2Go, Darko had the good silver H2Go. Just kidding.

I think if you watch both, the take away is that if you are the kind of person that values what the product does, at a high sonic level, then this is a good fit for you (Darko). However, if you are also the kind of person that needs a hassle free plug and play device, this is not the unit for you, at least not yet (Audio-KH).

May 19, 2020 at 9:54 PM Post #2,109 of 6,290
The downside of Rigelian is that it is only offered on a subscription basis (that, and the era Windows95 icon). The developer gives the usual boilerplate justification as ongoing money is needed for continued development. I think the money itself also has something to do with it too. However, you can clearly see how an app that is undergoing active development is clearly superior to apps that aren't. Fortunately, the cost is $3.49 a year across all platforms, so it's like Roon–if you live another 200 years. There's a stripped down free version to try out as well.

I don’t consider that a downside. Look what happened to Glider. Great ongoing development as long as the user base was growing, but what happens when that ends? So does support. Then you move to the next app attracting users, so it’s like you are paying a subscription anyway. So, for long lasting development and support, a subscription model is better for the developer and you.

May 19, 2020 at 10:27 PM Post #2,110 of 6,290
So, after shooting troubles, I'm living pretty happily with my H2Go. I'm really intrigued by the the remaining issue of the squealing though. If my unit is not playing music it is whining. I am using upsampled 768KHz PCM files.

If you're using store bought Hi Res files, PCM or DSD, can you comment on whether you are getting this high pitched noise or not? And, also, what sample rate you're using?

Thanks!

May 19, 2020 at 11:01 PM Post #2,111 of 6,290
So, after shooting troubles, I'm living pretty happily with my H2Go. I'm really intrigued by the the remaining issue of the squealing though. If my unit is not playing music it is whining. I am using upsampled 768KHz PCM files.

If you're using store bought Hi Res files, PCM or DSD, can you comment on whether you are getting this high pitched noise or not? And, also, what sample rate you're using?

Thanks!
My happenings for 2go about audio quality:
1. There are occasionally "pops and clicks" whatever playing sd cards or streaming (Tidal), I think this already mentioned by many guys here
2. For DSD (dsf) file read in sd cards, problems getting more: nearly sure to have "click" between each track, there is the silence gap supposingly; another experience was a continuous "squeaking noise" when dsd file stopped, a medium level noise but continuing, until you play another music file; another experience is now I use "8 player" and "MConnect", mostly 8 player for playing sd card, and MConnect for streaming, but I have encountered once all the DSD files have serious drop-out, just dsd files, other wav, flac, MQA, normal! I tried power cycle the 2go, problem still exist, then I tried to delete the connection history of both apps in iPAD mini (my remote for 2go), then reconnect 8 player to 2go, the dsd drip-out problem solved temporary.

I just want to let Chord know, we are already beta testers, actually I don't think this should be happened in any brand, especially in Chord, since it already have the "poly and Mojo" issue, really hope Chord can fix problems as soon as it could, we are all suffering!! And you really don't want us to write messages / complaints again and again in different forums, it will hurt your company brand's reputation.

May 19, 2020 at 11:12 PM Post #2,112 of 6,290
O My goodness, why didn't think of that? For me, mine starting connecting as mysteriously as it stopped. However, if this happens again, I bet that would work. I've done this for other devices successfully. I don't know what I was doing just restarting the devices and watching the wheel spin endlessly.

Thanks Bill!
@Matt Bartlett , this iOS bluetooth issue is very prevalent. Yes, there is a workaround by "forgetting" the 2Go, but it's less than ideal.

Just wanted to make sure you're investigating this?

Thanks,
muski

May 19, 2020 at 11:15 PM Post #2,113 of 6,290
My happenings for 2go about audio quality:
1. There are occasionally "pops and clicks" whatever playing sd cards or streaming (Tidal), I think this already mentioned by many guys here
2. For DSD (dsf) file read in sd cards, problems getting more: nearly sure to have "click" between each track, there is the silence gap supposingly; another experience was a continuous "squeaking noise" when dsd file stopped, a medium level noise but continuing, until you play another music file; another experience is now I use "8 player" and "MConnect", mostly 8 player for playing sd card, and MConnect for streaming, but I have encountered once all the DSD files have serious drop-out, just dsd files, other wav, flac, MQA, normal! I tried power cycle the 2go, problem still exist, then I tried to delete the connection history of both apps in iPAD mini (my remote for 2go), then reconnect 8 player to 2go, the dsd drip-out problem solved temporary.

I just want to let Chord know, we are already beta testers, actually I don't think this should be happened in any brand, especially in Chord, since it already have the "poly and Mojo" issue, really hope Chord can fix problems as soon as it could, we are all suffering!! And you really don't want us to write messages / complaints again and again in different forums, it will hurt your company brand's reputation.

It's good to know that it's not just my upsampled Hi Res files. I was sure my files were good as they play fine in any other device.

May 19, 2020 at 11:39 PM Post #2,114 of 6,290
@Matt Bartlett , this iOS bluetooth issue is very prevalent. Yes, there is a workaround by "forgetting" the 2Go, but it's less than ideal.

Just wanted to make sure you're investigating this?

Thanks,
muski
This is a big big problem!! Very annoying. This is an unforgiving bug, even in beta version! Just doubt whether Factory have any trial test of GoFigure to 2go, just connect once and then say "oh it's connected, perfect!", then launch the apps and products?

May 19, 2020 at 11:50 PM Post #2,115 of 6,290
Besides all problems / bugs mentioned above, there is one issue not so many guys mentioned: copy file from PC to sd card. There are many DAP such as AK, they can just connect PC by a usb cable, then you can see the DAP just like a harddisk in PC, then you can copy files to the sd card / internal storage in DAP; In Chord 2go, there is already an ethernet port to connect PC, for me it's very direct that it can communicate to PC just like DAP, or even mobile phone, but 2go just be seen by PC, cannot copy files from PC to 2go sd cards. It's totally waste the function of the ethernet port, and create trouble for user to take out sd card -> get a card reader -> put the sd card in card reader -> connect card reader to PC -> copy file from PC to sd card -> disconnect card reader -> take out the sd card -> put the sd card back to 2go. It's totally not a satisfying user experience using 2go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back