Chord 2Go & 2Yu Wired/Wireless Network streamer and S/PDIF adaptor - Official thread
May 18, 2020 at 7:10 PM Post #2,087 of 6,290
Hi @edwardsean
With J River on the left hand side is the quick menu with all the play options. Under playing now you should see all the network players and servers listed. Click to expand the playing from list then click on the Chord 2Go and then click load library. Next go to Audio on the left hand side to see the contents of the SD card.

Thanks Matt. Simple when you lay it out. This is the needed functionality for me. JRiver won't win any UI or UX prizes but great to have. For others i'll collate your steps below.

SD Playback Control on a Desktop with JRiver
  1. connect 2go to Hugo 2 and connect to local network
  2. in JRiver go into tools>options>"media network">"add or configure DLNA servers". In the pop-out window "Add" and then select an "Audiophile 24 bit DAC"
  3. an edit of my own, click on the newly added server ("Audiophile 24-bit DAC"), in the settings that show below go to Audio>Mode and set to "Original". I assume this preserves the original form of the file (which is my preference).
  4. on the left hand side is the quick menu with all the play options. Under "Playing Now" you should see all the network players and servers listed. Click to expand the item "Playing from Chord 2Go" and in the options to the right click "Load Library".
  5. to view library and play tracks expand "Audio" on the left hand side and browse through the view options (Albums, Artists, etc). You can add to the queue etc by right clicking things.
  6. one fun thing i found (as a brand new JRiver user) is the Play Doctor. Under "Playing Now" on the left hand side, select NOT the "Playing from...." node but the plain "Chord2Go:2Go" item. On the right comes up a blank box for the Play Doctor. Type a track or album or artist here and select it from the options that spring up under the box. JRiver will then load a playlist based on that input and start playing it. If you need to start a new one, from what i can see, click the down arrow on the right side of the tab header at the top and select "Clear Playing Now", select yes to clear and now click off and back onto this "Chord 2Go:2Go" item in the left menu list. It will show the entry box again.

May 18, 2020 at 7:38 PM Post #2,088 of 6,290
Exact same thing happening to me today!!! Suddenly, I cannot connect to the 2Go. Worked fine yesterday using various iPads and an iPhone, but today - nada. No Bluetooth connectivity. It is impossible to connect the 2Go with any device even after reboots. Sometimes the devices show the 2Go, sometimes they don’t. Sometimes they spin, sometimes they don’t. The server is working, however, and connects to the player software on each device, but I no longer can toggle between the left and right sd card, which is a problem. As you state, another “trouble” with the 2Go. We really are beta testers.

As an aside, I’m having success using Rigelian for the sd card based music library management and to create playlists. If you are VERY careful with art and metadata, I think it works well, and it is the best solution I’ve found thus far. I paid for it to enable the cover art assistant and a few other features.
It happened to me many times, i solve this by deleting pairing track of the bluetooth in my remote control (ipad mini), then you can open GoFigure and start pairing 2go again, please try

May 18, 2020 at 7:47 PM Post #2,090 of 6,290
It happened to me many times, i solve this by deleting pairing track of the bluetooth in my remote control (ipad mini), then you can open GoFigure and start pairing 2go again, please try

O My goodness, why didn't think of that? For me, mine starting connecting as mysteriously as it stopped. However, if this happens again, I bet that would work. I've done this for other devices successfully. I don't know what I was doing just restarting the devices and watching the wheel spin endlessly.

Thanks Bill!

May 18, 2020 at 8:10 PM Post #2,091 of 6,290
Thanks Matt. Simple when you lay it out. This is the needed functionality for me. JRiver won't win any UI or UX prizes but great to have. For others i'll collate your steps below.

SD Playback Control on a Desktop with JRiver
  1. connect 2go to Hugo 2 and connect to local network
  2. in JRiver go into tools>options>"media network">"add or configure DLNA servers". In the pop-out window "Add" and then select an "Audiophile 24 bit DAC"
  3. an edit of my own, click on the newly added server ("Audiophile 24-bit DAC"), in the settings that show below go to Audio>Mode and set to "Original". I assume this preserves the original form of the file (which is my preference).
  4. on the left hand side is the quick menu with all the play options. Under "Playing Now" you should see all the network players and servers listed. Click to expand the item "Playing from Chord 2Go" and in the options to the right click "Load Library".
  5. to view library and play tracks expand "Audio" on the left hand side and browse through the view options (Albums, Artists, etc). You can add to the queue etc by right clicking things.
  6. one fun thing i found (as a brand new JRiver user) is the Play Doctor. Under "Playing Now" on the left hand side, select NOT the "Playing from...." node but the plain "Chord2Go:2Go" item. On the right comes up a blank box for the Play Doctor. Type a track or album or artist here and select it from the options that spring up under the box. JRiver will then load a playlist based on that input and start playing it. If you need to start a new one, from what i can see, click the down arrow on the right side of the tab header at the top and select "Clear Playing Now", select yes to clear and now click off and back onto this "Chord 2Go:2Go" item in the left menu list. It will show the entry box again.

Thanks for doing this. I'm sure it will be of help to many users.

For me it was ... so close, but it doesn't work. I had gone through these steps from the start, but your post and Matt's verified for me that this is another Hi-Res hiccup.

When I try to load the library I get an error that JRMC could not retrieve the files from the DLNA server. I had one 48Khz file on there and it did show up. I don't know what sampling rate it tops out at but my 768KHz files are out of reach.

It's too bad for Hi Res users as this would've been a nice solution.

May 18, 2020 at 9:03 PM Post #2,092 of 6,290
Also, the troubles just seem to keep coming.

Now, the 2Go won't connect on IOS GoFigure. It sees the device but when I select it, the progress bar doesn't move and the wheel just keeps spinning.

I've tried disabling and reenabling bluetooth, Wifi, quitting the app, restarting iPhone, 2Go, but nothing.
way too much trouble and drama

May 18, 2020 at 10:58 PM Post #2,093 of 6,290
Interesting, as the operating theory APPEARS to be that extenders (mesh) is the problem.

Doody

That's interesting. I've been using an extender. Actually, just switched to a better main router and started to connect to it instead. Haven't spent time this evening listening yet. I'll report back.

May 19, 2020 at 12:51 AM Post #2,095 of 6,290
I finally got album art to appear with Hi Res files, but it is a long and gory process. You have to take all your files put them into folders and extract the album art into the folder.

Then, the only app I could find that could read it with Hi Res files was Rigelian. However, the trick is that even if you set the album art name to Folder.jpg in Rigelian's setting, all the images need to be named Cover.jpg.

This process does seem to work, though it can get pretty involved. So, yes, you gotta love drama.

May 19, 2020 at 2:04 AM Post #2,096 of 6,290
I finally got album art to appear with Hi Res files, but it is a long and gory process. You have to take all your files put them into folders and extract the album art into the folder.

Then, the only app I could find that could read it with Hi Res files was Rigelian. However, the trick is that even if you set the album art name to Folder.jpg in Rigelian's setting, all the images need to be named Cover.jpg.

This process does seem to work, though it can get pretty involved. So, yes, you gotta love drama.

if your metadata is good Rigelian seems best to me. Works better for me than the others, but I use mconnect hd for tidal/quobuz.

May 19, 2020 at 6:28 AM Post #2,098 of 6,290
You realise you are not getting paid to do their work right? Just checking :p

May 19, 2020 at 7:12 AM Post #2,100 of 6,290
Thanks for doing this. I'm sure it will be of help to many users.

For me it was ... so close, but it doesn't work. I had gone through these steps from the start, but your post and Matt's verified for me that this is another Hi-Res hiccup.

When I try to load the library I get an error that JRMC could not retrieve the files from the DLNA server. I had one 48Khz file on there and it did show up. I don't know what sampling rate it tops out at but my 768KHz files are out of reach.

It's too bad for Hi Res users as this would've been a nice solution.
As soon as I get a chance I will create some files using HQplayer and try it out. Can you just confirm that these same files will play and show the album art correctly if you play them locally from your computer via USB to Hugo2. It would be good to know if they play locally from J River as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back