Chord 2Go & 2Yu Wired/Wireless Network streamer and S/PDIF adaptor - Official thread
May 20, 2020 at 3:25 AM Post #2,116 of 6,288
Guys, I've found the solution to all of my troubles, apart from the Hi Res squealing. One app is just a country mile ahead of every other one I've tried. And... it starts with 'R.'

Nope, not Roon.

Rigelian.

It's so good that I wondered why more people don't talk about it here. I realized, I think it's because it's IOS/Mac only. So, if you're on Android/PC don't read any further. It will only make you sad. But, if you're on IOS, this is it.

It takes some work to set it up. At least it did for me, especially because all of my artwork was embedded. So, I had to put all my files into a folder structure and extract the cover art to the folders. A good metadata tagger like Yate can automate this process, but, you also need some scripts to make this work. All my custom artwork shows up perfectly now and anything missing, along with Artists view, is populated by Discogs with biographical information.

I love the the mechanics of the app and the whole way it's arranged. On an iPad, this is one of the best user experiences I've ever had with any music library ever.

The clincher for me is that it's also offered, far and away, the fastest and most reliable operation. The connection has never locked quicker and been more stable. The icing on the cake was that I went to the App Store and there is a Mac OS version! The iPhone, iPad, and Mac versions all share the same UI, which is fantastic.

The downside of Rigelian is that it is only offered on a subscription basis (that, and the era Windows95 icon). The developer gives the usual boilerplate justification as ongoing money is needed for continued development. I think the money itself also has something to do with it too. However, you can clearly see how an app that is undergoing active development is clearly superior to apps that aren't. Fortunately, the cost is $3.49 a year across all platforms, so it's like Roon–if you live another 200 years. There's a stripped down free version to try out as well.

The app has some minor glitches but, in Rigelian, I finally feel like the 2Go has a finished UX.

I'm gong to stop here, because I'm know I'm sounding like a total shill. I have no affiliation to this product and I just found it last night. Full confession, since I found it, I haven't slept.

Because I will never support the “rental” business model.

I am happily to pay for Tidal, Netflix and so on .... but I will never rent software like Microsoft Office 365 and Rigelian. When I pay for something, I am supposed to own it.

Last edited:
May 20, 2020 at 8:55 AM Post #2,117 of 6,288
@Matt Bartlett , this iOS bluetooth issue is very prevalent. Yes, there is a workaround by "forgetting" the 2Go, but it's less than ideal.

Just wanted to make sure you're investigating this?

Thanks,
muski
Yes we are investigating this although again it seems to affect some people more than others. One of the causes is a change to the Bluetooth security in some of the latest iOS updates. So if you update iOS you may need to delete the Bluetooth connection and reconnect to use the new security. I am using iOS13.4.1 which I'm pretty sure is the latest public release from Apple and I haven't had to resort to forgetting the 2Go Bluetooth connection yet but yes we are looking at it.

May 20, 2020 at 9:32 AM Post #2,118 of 6,288
Yes we are investigating this although again it seems to affect some people more than others. One of the causes is a change to the Bluetooth security in some of the latest iOS updates. So if you update iOS you may need to delete the Bluetooth connection and reconnect to use the new security. I am using iOS13.4.1 which I'm pretty sure is the latest public release from Apple and I haven't had to resort to forgetting the 2Go Bluetooth connection yet but yes we are looking at it.
This is not an excuse, how about all bluetooth speaker and wireless eartips? Are they need change security when ios update?

May 20, 2020 at 9:54 AM Post #2,119 of 6,288
By the way I am also using ios13.4.1, but I need forget bluetooth connection frequently, very annoying

May 20, 2020 at 10:16 AM Post #2,120 of 6,288
Guys, I've found the solution to all of my troubles, apart from the Hi Res squealing. One app is just a country mile ahead of every other one I've tried. And... it starts with 'R.'

Nope, not Roon.

Rigelian.

It's so good that I wondered why more people don't talk about it here. I realized, I think it's because it's IOS/Mac only. So, if you're on Android/PC don't read any further. It will only make you sad. But, if you're on IOS, this is it.

It takes some work to set it up. At least it did for me, especially because all of my artwork was embedded. So, I had to put all my files into a folder structure and extract the cover art to the folders. A good metadata tagger like Yate can automate this process, but, you also need some scripts to make this work. All my custom artwork shows up perfectly now and anything missing, along with Artists view, is populated by Discogs with biographical information.

I love the the mechanics of the app and the whole way it's arranged. On an iPad, this is one of the best user experiences I've ever had with any music library ever.

The clincher for me is that it's also offered, far and away, the fastest and most reliable operation. The connection has never locked quicker and been more stable. The icing on the cake was that I went to the App Store and there is a Mac OS version! The iPhone, iPad, and Mac versions all share the same UI, which is fantastic.

The downside of Rigelian is that it is only offered on a subscription basis (that, and the era Windows95 icon). The developer gives the usual boilerplate justification as ongoing money is needed for continued development. I think the money itself also has something to do with it too. However, you can clearly see how an app that is undergoing active development is clearly superior to apps that aren't. Fortunately, the cost is $3.49 a year across all platforms, so it's like Roon–if you live another 200 years. There's a stripped down free version to try out as well.

The app has some minor glitches but, in Rigelian, I finally feel like the 2Go has a finished UX.

I'm gong to stop here, because I'm know I'm sounding like a total shill. I have no affiliation to this product and I just found it last night. Full confession, since I found it, I haven't slept.
But Rigelian does not have streaming service such as Tidal

May 20, 2020 at 10:48 AM Post #2,121 of 6,288

Nope, not Roon.

Rigelian.

I am using it now, my first impression is it is the most stable apps that i tried before with 2go! And seem the sound a bit stable then using Mconnect or 8 Player. Although it does not support streaming service at this moment, will keep on using it, thanks edwardsean for your suggestion.

May 20, 2020 at 11:52 AM Post #2,122 of 6,288
This is not an excuse, how about all bluetooth speaker and wireless eartips? Are they need change security when ios update?
They use Bluetooth Audio which is not the same as the Bluetooth Low Energy communications protocol we use to communicate between iOS and 2Go. Bluetooth Audio is not affected by the recent iOS updates. We are of course investigating it though and our plan is to add WiFi communication so Gofigure does not need to use BLE after the initial setup. We already have this running on Android and iOS is not far away now.

May 20, 2020 at 2:00 PM Post #2,123 of 6,288
edit: nvm

Last edited:
May 20, 2020 at 3:15 PM Post #2,124 of 6,288
I'm really intrigued by the the remaining issue of the squealing though. If my unit is not playing music it is whining. I am using upsampled 768KHz PCM files.

If you're using store bought Hi Res files, PCM or DSD, can you comment on whether you are getting this high pitched noise or not? And, also, what sample rate you're using?
This squealing is so bizarre. I have no such problem. I have NOT upsampled ANY files - via HQPlayer or otherwise. I have MP3s, tons of redbook, DSF 64 through 256, and FLACs from 16/48 up to DXD. Occasionally the hires files had to be converted to FLAC from another format, but I never upsampled them, per se.

No 'squealing' from or between any files I've ever played on my H2go.

Have you compared your upsampled files to the original files to see if it's the upsampling process creating the noise?

Doody

PS: My hi-res files have come from HDTracks, NativeDSD, rips of SACDs, ProStudioMasters, HDTT, and probably 3-5 other nichey outfits. No problems across any of the sources.

Last edited:
May 20, 2020 at 3:16 PM Post #2,125 of 6,288
I am happily to pay for Tidal, Netflix and so on .... but I will never rent software like Microsoft Office 365 and Rigelian. When I pay for something, I am supposed to own it.
Technically, you've never 'owned' software (except maybe back in the early 1980s). It's always been 'licensed' to you.

Doody

May 20, 2020 at 3:57 PM Post #2,126 of 6,288
I got my Valentinum case today! It took just shy of four weeks from order to delivery - Kyiv to Boston. They shipped it very quickly on their end - but the transit was a major grind.

I will update this post with pictures later today after my meetings clear up and I down a bottle of bourbon :wink:.

UPDATE

The photos were taken in bright sunlight. The case is actually a bit darker than it comes off in the pictures. A red-burgundy color. This is eel skin.

Doody

20200520_170422.jpg

20200520_170431.jpg

20200520_170444.jpg

20200520_170457.jpg

Last edited:
May 20, 2020 at 5:46 PM Post #2,128 of 6,288
For me it's: H2Go + Hi Res + Convolution X2 (w/upmixing) + Rigelian ➔ EA Hours + LCDi4. Transportable magic.

I gotta say, H2Go has become my favorite audio device, I think, of all time. My only real remaining issue is the squealing, and even that can't dampen my joy.

May 20, 2020 at 7:25 PM Post #2,130 of 6,288
I got my Valentinum case today! It took just shy of four weeks from order to delivery - Kyiv to Boston. They shipped it very quickly on their end - but the transit was a major grind.

I will update this post with pictures later today after my meetings clear up and I down a bottle of bourbon :wink:.

UPDATE

The photos were taken in bright sunlight. The case is actually a bit darker than it comes off in the pictures. A red-burgundy color. This is eel skin.

Doody

20200520_170422.jpg

Sick!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back