Chord 2Go & 2Yu Wired/Wireless Network streamer and S/PDIF adaptor - Official thread
May 18, 2020 at 12:32 PM Post #2,071 of 6,310
Hugo2Go—-

in desktop mode, should the lights other than magenta power also be on?
FD9A31E9-91BC-4E38-907C-CD86EE042662.jpeg

May 18, 2020 at 12:46 PM Post #2,072 of 6,310
Yes it's using Roon. Gofigure shows the wifi stay at three bars when i walk into the next room (it literally never shows four bars, even when the 2go is sat directly next to the router). When I use my phone and iPad as a roon endpoint, they stream perfectly but when trying to use the 2go anywhere outside of having line of sight to the router, a few seconds of the track will play and then I get the following error: "An audio file is loading slowly. This may indicate a performance or hardware problem"

I'm having the same issue rarely with my MacBook Pro (connected to Linsys Velop node via ethernet) with Hugo 2 or Qutest. This is really strange issue because, this is my home-office desktop setup not mobile. Moreover, It happens mostly when I try to stream DSD files from NAS ( Roon core). It doesn't happen too much when I play a track from Tidal over Roon. I suppose this issue partially related with Roon and Wi-Fi mesh networks. My 2go is on its way, I'll update when I try it.

May 18, 2020 at 1:39 PM Post #2,074 of 6,310
Yes it's using Roon. Gofigure shows the wifi stay at three bars when i walk into the next room (it literally never shows four bars, even when the 2go is sat directly next to the router). When I use my phone and iPad as a roon endpoint, they stream perfectly but when trying to use the 2go anywhere outside of having line of sight to the router, a few seconds of the track will play and then I get the following error: "An audio file is loading slowly. This may indicate a performance or hardware problem"

If you wish to dig more into this, you can find more details about the error by looking in your RoonServer logs. Mine is in: \\roonserver_ipaddress\Data\Roonserver\Logs\Roonserver_log.txt. Play a track, note the current time to the second and check what the error/warning message is in the log. You might see something like this: If so, log a ticket with Roon and/or Chord Electronics support so they can track it down and fix.

05/07 12:19:45 Trace: [raat] [Chord Electronics 2Go @ 000.000.0.00:00000] connecting (attempt 1)
05/07 12:19:45 Critical: scx: in OnExit: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at Sooloos.Broker.Transport.RaatAudioDevice.get_SupportedFormats()
at Sooloos.Broker.Transport.AudioDeviceSetupBase`2.get_SupportedFormats()
at Sooloos.Broker.Transport.AudioDeviceSetupBase`2.UpdateCommonConfig()
at Sooloos.Broker.Transport.AudioDeviceSetupBase`2.Update()
at Sooloos.Broker.Transport.AudioDeviceSetupBase`2.ev_threadexit()
at Sooloos.Broker.Transport.Module.ev_threadexit()
at Sooloos.SynchronizationContextThread.OnExit()

May 18, 2020 at 1:45 PM Post #2,075 of 6,310
Little experience sharing, in the beginning i use 8player, which is quite a good apps with instant access of the files in sd card. Then I tried to use Mconnect, which has a slow response for access sd card files compare to 8player, but have a very good user interface when using Tidal for streaming, then I start to play sd card files with 8player, and stream files using Mconnect. Nothing wrong when using this combo for a day, then suddenly there was a serious drop-out when playing dsd files, whatever using 8player / Mconnect. I tried power cycle the 2go + Hugo2, problem still exist. Then I deleted apps history in ipad mini which i use for remote control, then the problem solved.

May 18, 2020 at 3:04 PM Post #2,076 of 6,310
Also, the troubles just seem to keep coming.

Now, the 2Go won't connect on IOS GoFigure. It sees the device but when I select it, the progress bar doesn't move and the wheel just keeps spinning.

I've tried disabling and reenabling bluetooth, Wifi, quitting the app, restarting iPhone, 2Go, but nothing.

Exact same thing happening to me today!!! Suddenly, I cannot connect to the 2Go. Worked fine yesterday using various iPads and an iPhone, but today - nada. No Bluetooth connectivity. It is impossible to connect the 2Go with any device even after reboots. Sometimes the devices show the 2Go, sometimes they don’t. Sometimes they spin, sometimes they don’t. The server is working, however, and connects to the player software on each device, but I no longer can toggle between the left and right sd card, which is a problem. As you state, another “trouble” with the 2Go. We really are beta testers.

As an aside, I’m having success using Rigelian for the sd card based music library management and to create playlists. If you are VERY careful with art and metadata, I think it works well, and it is the best solution I’ve found thus far. I paid for it to enable the cover art assistant and a few other features.

May 18, 2020 at 4:16 PM Post #2,078 of 6,310
Yeah, I hear you. For me, I tried hi res files in folder and with artwork and labeled them cover.jpg, and then folder.jpg. The Hi Res file wouldn't even play from a nested folder for some reason.

The only thing that "works" is if I have a duplicate redbook file with the same metadata tagging. Glider pulls that right up and then the album art also shows up on the Hi Res version of the same track. But, this would require me to put in a duplicate 44.1 file for every hi res file and my whole library would have doubles.

.... Sigh.
There were several days of posts about this topic, maybe a month ago.
I think they resulted in the solution.
So I propose try and seach the thread, and you should find enough suggest a possible way forward.

May 18, 2020 at 5:43 PM Post #2,080 of 6,310
Had go setup Wireless Extenders of the same brand of my router to get the 2go to work seamlessly.

Last edited:
May 18, 2020 at 5:57 PM Post #2,081 of 6,310
Matt,

Yes, I‘m only tagging the tracks with album, artist Infomation and the cover art.

For upsamping tracks to PCM768KHz, you can use an evaluation copy of HQPlayer Pro. You can download it here: https://www.signalyst.com/professional.html
Try it with polysinc-long-lp filter and LNS15 noise shaper.

When I switch tracks there is burst of squealing noise as the sample rate light flashes red. While the tracks are playing the indicator shows light purple as expected. However, if I pause a playing track it remains light purple but I will get the squealing noise until I resume play or start a new track.

Thanks so much for the instructions on JRiver. I‘ll give it a try.

One more quick question if I may. It would improve the 2Go experience a lot if both SD cards were accessible simultaneously instead of having to switch to GoFigure and change cards every time I want to play s song from the other card. Is this possible and on the road map for development? If not I‘m going to have to bite the bullet and buy another 1Tb card. However, they are still quite expensive.

I do hope you know that for all our grousing about glitches, we love this thing!

All the best to you.
I feel sure he would prefer to use an Mscaler, but perhaps Sinc-M would be a better comparator than polysinc-long-lp...

May 18, 2020 at 6:31 PM Post #2,082 of 6,310
I feel sure he would prefer to use an Mscaler, but perhaps Sinc-M would be a better comparator than polysinc-long-lp...

Mmm..., we're talking about files in the 2Go SD Card. It's hard to get the M-Scaler to fit inside the SD Card slot (grin).

The issue is with off-line upsampled files that are put into the 2Go SD Card bay. Sinc-M is fine too, but I prefer poly-sinc-long. This issue is not about the sound quality though, but the functionality right? Upsampled files are creating a squealing noise for some reason inbetween tracks and during pause.

May 18, 2020 at 6:40 PM Post #2,085 of 6,310
Interesting, as the operating theory APPEARS to be that extenders (mesh) is the problem.

Doody

The convenience of using the same brand extenders is that they auto handshake with the WPS button and I don't need to setup anything.

Made the 2go forget the old connection and reconnected; no more hiccups in streaming with BubbleUPnP.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back