Chord 2Go & 2Yu Wired/Wireless Network streamer and S/PDIF adaptor - Official thread
May 17, 2020 at 6:42 PM Post #2,041 of 6,311
When this has happened with Poly, it’s generally turned out to be the connection/outer. Try rebooting the router and the Roon core and see if that helps. If not, a new router could be in order.
I don't mean to start an argument, and I do not work for Roon, but the odds that this is a Roon problem are infinitesimally tiny. I'm sure Roon has its problems - it's software - all software has its problems - but I've used and abused Roon for years over varying wired and wireless networks (including via VPNs from my Core in Boston to endpoints in my office and apartment in NYC). Getting data from point A to point B has never been a problem for it. Ever. Not once. It's kinda Roon's raison d'etre, one might say!

I still haven't been able to get 2go to work properly on my (2019 Linksys) WiFi network. Though I haven't tried that hard - I must admit (I shouldn't have to, presumably). I have like 20 other devices that work perfectly fine on my WiFi (half a dozen Sonos's, five phones, three tablets, five laptops, three printers, a NEST, a TV, a couple Chromecasts, and who knows what else is freeloading!).

Old routers seem to pop up anecdotally here. But nobody had explained why this might be a problem.

Doody

May 17, 2020 at 7:06 PM Post #2,042 of 6,311
I don't mean to start an argument, and I do not work for Roon, but the odds that this is a Roon problem are infinitesimally tiny. I'm sure Roon has its problems - it's software - all software has its problems - but I've used and abused Roon for years over varying wired and wireless networks (including via VPNs from my Core in Boston to endpoints in my office and apartment in NYC). Getting data from point A to point B has never been a problem for it. Ever. Not once. It's kinda Roon's raison d'etre, one might say!

I still haven't been able to get 2go to work properly on my (2019 Linksys) WiFi network. Though I haven't tried that hard - I must admit (I shouldn't have to, presumably). I have like 20 other devices that work perfectly fine on my WiFi (half a dozen Sonos's, five phones, three tablets, five laptops, three printers, a NEST, a TV, a couple Chromecasts, and who knows what else is freeloading!).

Old routers seem to pop up anecdotally here. But nobody had explained why this might be a problem.

Doody

make sure your connecting to 2.4 not 5 MHz. Also, as a test, remove all security from your said, then see if you can connect, then, if that works, add different levels of security back until you can’t. It’s frustrating. But I think got my wifi working.

May 17, 2020 at 7:11 PM Post #2,043 of 6,311
make sure your connecting to 2.4 not 5 MHz. Also, as a test, remove all security from your said, then see if you can connect, then, if that works, add different levels of security back until you can’t. It’s frustrating. But I think got my wifi working.
Thx Mark. I hadn't considered the security stuff. At some point I'll have time to play some more and will try that out! All 2.4 for sure. It connects - it just won't play anything for more than 20s or so.

Doody

May 17, 2020 at 10:16 PM Post #2,050 of 6,311
Holy crap! I just fired up VLC on my tablet and BAM. Fastest access ever! No drama. Found 2go. Fast browsing of folders on SD.
MConnect may be a thing of the past......

I just tried VLC too. It located 2Go immediately under UPNP. I think it sees an SD Card, but none of the files come up. I think this may due to the fact that I'm using Hi Res AIFF files.

May 17, 2020 at 10:56 PM Post #2,052 of 6,311
Holy crap! I just fired up VLC on my tablet and BAM. Fastest access ever! No drama. Found 2go. Fast browsing of folders on SD.
MConnect may be a thing of the past......

Wait, so I loaded a redbook wav into the sd card and yeah it found it effortlessly. However, this is not like Glider or Mconnect. It's grabbing the file and playing it back on my Mac. I then have to send all my Mac audio back to 2Go through airplay. I feel like this is going to degrade the signal and the whole point for me of SD Cards is that direct signal reducing noise.

Am I missing something in VLC configuration?

May 17, 2020 at 11:01 PM Post #2,053 of 6,311
Wait, so I loaded a redbook wav into the sd card and yeah it found it effortlessly. However, this is not like Glider or Mconnect. It's grabbing the file and playing it back on my Mac. I then have to send all my Mac audio back to 2Go through airplay. I feel like this is going to degrade the signal and the whole point for me of SD Cards is that direct signal reducing noise.

Am I missing something in VLC configuration?
That might be the case. Or at least from the iOS app. And why i'm feeling the quality is not as good.

May 17, 2020 at 11:07 PM Post #2,054 of 6,311
Also, the troubles just seem to keep coming.

Now, the 2Go won't connect on IOS GoFigure. It sees the device but when I select it, the progress bar doesn't move and the wheel just keeps spinning.

I've tried disabling and reenabling bluetooth, Wifi, quitting the app, restarting iPhone, 2Go, but nothing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back