Chord 2Go & 2Yu Wired/Wireless Network streamer and S/PDIF adaptor - Official thread
May 16, 2020 at 11:15 PM Post #2,011 of 6,290
will try it. Perhaps I messed up on that. Thanks.

For what it is worth, I spent a lot of time today carefully checking (and sometimes fixing) about 1.5 tb of aiff, dsd, and flac files to confirm all embedded tagging is correct and that each separate artist folder containing each separate album on the two sd cards in the 2Go contains the respective proper artwork image file called folder.jpg. Unfortunately, neither mconnect hd, nor rigelian, nor glider, could get the art or the metadata close to right with each having different, disqualifying problems. And all of the apps seemed to have internal inconsistencies in how they treat the data. Uggh! I think I give up.

This exercise certainly increased my respect and admiration for Roon. I wish the 2Go could have run minimserver (I’m not proficient enough to know if that was even conceivably possible - assume it was not). All the apps seem to handle data from that server pretty well and far better than the server on the 2Go.

May 16, 2020 at 11:19 PM Post #2,013 of 6,290
figured out my problem with album art as well. For some reason all the apps have problem with hi-res files. I'm using Hi Res files at 768KHz PCM and if I use AIFF, metadata comes up but no album art. If I use Wav, no metadata comes up at all including albums art. Standard Redbook works fine, with all metadata including album art.

I’ve found the behavior of all the main apps I’ve tried to be totally inconsistent, even internally inconsistent, which is frustrating With respect to all sorts of files.

May 16, 2020 at 11:19 PM Post #2,014 of 6,290
What is a quality SD card for music playback from Amazon?

I couldn't tell you as I don't know use Amazon. I'm comparing the same file streamed from my MacBook through Audirvana to the 2Go, and the same file played from the SDCard.

I would tend to think if you can avoid the processing involved in streaming it would improve sound, but you have to test it out and see how it sounds to your ears in your system.

May 16, 2020 at 11:23 PM Post #2,015 of 6,290
I was initially keen to add the 2go to my Hugo2 as it would be a perfect roon end point for my 2nd system, however after reading the numerous complaints about software stability I decided to hold off and look towards another direction. In place of the 2go, I bought a sms-200 Neo and it has worked flawlessly thus far. Maybe the 2go will still sound better and hopefully the 2go’s issues will be ironed out so that I can try it next time.

The 2Go worked very well with Roon for me. My problem is with the sd cards, which is my use case. I’m hoping to use the 2Go/Hugo2 offline with the playlist feature.

May 16, 2020 at 11:24 PM Post #2,016 of 6,290
For what it is worth, I spent a lot of time today carefully checking (and sometimes fixing) about 1.5 tb of aiff, dsd, and flac files to confirm all embedded tagging is correct and that each separate artist folder containing each separate album on the two sd cards in the 2Go contains the respective proper artwork image file called folder.jpg. Unfortunately, neither mconnect hd, nor rigelian, nor glider, could get the art or the metadata close to right with each having different, disqualifying problems. And all of the apps seemed to have internal inconsistencies in how they treat the data. Uggh! I think I give up.

This exercise certainly increased my respect and admiration for Roon. I wish the 2Go could have run minimserver (I’m not proficient enough to know if that was even conceivably possible - assume it was not). All the apps seem to handle data from that server pretty well and far better than the server on the 2Go.

Yeah, I hear you. For me, I tried hi res files in folder and with artwork and labeled them cover.jpg, and then folder.jpg. The Hi Res file wouldn't even play from a nested folder for some reason.

The only thing that "works" is if I have a duplicate redbook file with the same metadata tagging. Glider pulls that right up and then the album art also shows up on the Hi Res version of the same track. But, this would require me to put in a duplicate 44.1 file for every hi res file and my whole library would have doubles.

.... Sigh.

May 16, 2020 at 11:27 PM Post #2,017 of 6,290
The 2Go worked very well with Roon for me. My problem is with the sd cards, which is my use case. I’m hoping to use the 2Go/Hugo2 offline with the playlist feature.

Whenever I, or others, outline issues we're having, someone regularly chimes in with "Roon."

So, I got Roon and have been trying it out, but SDCards are my use case too, and I can't find a way for Roon to access it. From what I'm gather it can't access the 2Go SDCards, is that right?

May 16, 2020 at 11:30 PM Post #2,018 of 6,290
I have to say, even with all the frustrations, I love this little system. But, this is definitely not the choice for someone who wants a trouble free experience, at least not now.

A fix so that both SDcards could be read together would be amazing!

As for the album art issue. All my art is embedded in the metadata in the SDcard files. I though Glider could pull it from there. I still don't where I'm going wrong with that. I'm willing to go back and change the format or resolution and retag all my files, if I could only figure out the issue.

Don‘t waste your time. I‘m your beta tester and messed with doing that today to no avail. AFAIK, you simply cant fix your metadata and art in any way to ‘satisfy’ the available apps, but, if you do try, and you figure it out, please post. I think all of us would be grateful.

Last edited:
May 16, 2020 at 11:37 PM Post #2,019 of 6,290
Whenever I, or others, outline issues we're having, someone regularly chimes in with "Roon."

So, I got Roon and have been trying it out, but SDCards are my use case too, and I can't find a way for Roon to access it. From what I'm gather it can't access the 2Go SDCards, is that right?

Sorry I was unclear. I use a totally different database of music for Roon, which is the same way I feed my main home system. I have music stored on a nas, and Roon plays that music stored on the nas to the 2Go/Hugo2 perfectly, just like Roon sends that nas based music to my home dac. The 2Go/Huho2 seems like a capable Roon end point in that situation.

I’m not sure about how the music stored on the sd cards inserted in the 2Go could work with Roon. Plus, you need a Roon server (Core) running someplace on your network. The 2Go is not a Roon server. For me, the sd cards are a mobile/offline subset on the music files stored on my nas. I don’t intend to use the 2Go/Hugo2 at home.

Last edited:
May 16, 2020 at 11:42 PM Post #2,020 of 6,290
Don‘t waste your time. I‘m your beta tester and messed with doing that today to no avail. AFAIK, you simply cant fix your metadata and art in any way to ‘satisfy’ the available apps, but, if you do try, and you figure it out, please post. I think all of us would be grateful.

That's really too bad. Of the apps I've tried I really like Glider a lot. Is it no longer being developed. Is-there-no-hope!? Just being dramatic, but really, can't we expect resolutions to come down the pipeline?

May 16, 2020 at 11:44 PM Post #2,021 of 6,290
That's really too bad. Of the apps I've tried I really like Glider a lot. Is it no longer being developed. Is-there-no-hope!? Just being dramatic, but really, can't we expect resolutions to come down the pipeline?

🤞🤞🤞 for some app to arrive or to improve and work better than the current batch. I liked Glider too, but it’s missing a lot of my files.

May 16, 2020 at 11:44 PM Post #2,022 of 6,290
Sorry I was unclear. I use a totally different database for Roon. I have music stored on a nas, and Roon plays that music to the 2Go/Hugo2 perfectly, just like my home dac. I’m not sure about how the music stored on the sd cards in the 2Go would work with Roon. For me, the sd cards are a mobile/offline subset on the music files stored on my nas. I don’t intend to use the 2Ho/Hugo2 at home

Right, for me. Whether, I'm home or out (well, when I can go out again), it's always SD Cards for best SQ performance. When you are mobile/offline can you use Roon to access the 2Go SD cards?

May 16, 2020 at 11:47 PM Post #2,023 of 6,290
Right, for me. Whether, I'm home or out (well, when I can go out again), it's always SD Cards for best SQ performance. When you are mobile/offline can you use Roon to access the 2Go SD cards?

i don’t know how Roon would see the cards, but perhaps it can. Try looking in the storage settings for Roon to see if Roon sees the 2Go’s server. Maybe it can? That’s not my use case.

May 17, 2020 at 12:37 AM Post #2,024 of 6,290
i don’t know how Roon would see the cards, but perhaps it can. Try looking in the storage settings for Roon to see if Roon sees the 2Go’s server. Maybe it can? That’s not my use case.

Thanks. I looked in storage settings, The H2Go doesn't show up. If I go to "Add Folder" there is an option to setup Network Share, but you need, I think an Internet address. I'm not sure if 2Go has the functionality for this. Even if it could be added, I'm not sure Roon would see the album art either.

If anyone is using Roon with 2Go SD Cards, please do chime in.

Well, for myself, I'm taking a breath and looking at all of this as a work in progress, and I'm going to enjoy the ride. The frustrations of what hasn't been accomplished yet shouldn't overwhelm everything that Chord has achieved with the H2Go. I know a bunch of users feel like it was released without being a finished product. That is a legitimate perspective. But, for myself, I know if I was asked if I could get in on an early version, bugs and all, I would have voted for the release.

I'm going to enjoy for it a little while, and then get back to trying to work out more solutions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back