Chord 2Go & 2Yu Wired/Wireless Network streamer and S/PDIF adaptor - Official thread
Nov 11, 2020 at 5:57 PM Post #4,636 of 6,288
Have you tried a different router, say, at a friend's house?

Hi Amos,
I think I solved the problem by configuring my router to only 2.4 Ghz but I still do experience dropouts very often and have to end up resetting my router. Is there a way to improve this ?

Get a wi-fi scanner program for your computer, and find out which channels are least congested. Then, change the wi-fi channel on your router to that channel. That being said, realistically if you are in an apartment where there are dozens of other wi-fi routers around, there may be nothing you can do.

Something to check is, make sure there aren't any "QOS" (Quality of Service) or other packet prioritisation options on in the settings.

Spending another £300 in the hope it will get a £1000 device to do what it says on the tin, is not a reasonable solution in my view.
Anyway, I had cause to do a factory reset a couple of day of days ago and touch wood, no drop outs since. What with roon certification and a firmware update just around the corner, it seems we're on a roll.

Long lengths of ethernet cable are cheaper too. Roon certification has happened, by the way.

Nov 13, 2020 at 7:38 AM Post #4,641 of 6,288
Sorry for my ignorance, but I assumed new firmware would have been required to get Roon certification. Nothing has changed with the 2go and it got certified - does this indicate the delay was purely administrative the whole time at Roon's end?

Nov 13, 2020 at 7:47 AM Post #4,642 of 6,288
Sorry for my ignorance, but I assumed new firmware would have been required to get Roon certification. Nothing has changed with the 2go and it got certified - does this indicate the delay was purely administrative the whole time at Roon's end?

Indeed. I wouldn't be surprised if a simple product licensing payment had to reach Roon's bank accounts prior to successful certification being confirmed...

Nov 13, 2020 at 8:12 AM Post #4,643 of 6,288
  • purely administrative? - possibly
  • all at Roon's end? - this post mentions covid causing delays, plus refers to both the UK and Roon testing based in New York - so I suspect a mix of Roon plus Chord and their outsourced coder(s)
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/cho...-adaptor-official-thread.925464/post-15705388

Nov 13, 2020 at 8:29 AM Post #4,644 of 6,288

Or Chord finished their part Roon certification and Roon wants to rid themselves of the “uncertified” headache.

I’ve noticed that my 2go has been much better as of late. No dropouts or slow Qobuz track loading. Almost as “reliable” as the Poly now. Just because there isn’t new firmware doesn’t mean there wasn’t software tweaks behind the scenes.

Nov 13, 2020 at 8:37 AM Post #4,645 of 6,288
Or Chord finished their part Roon certification and Roon wants to rid themselves of the “uncertified” headache.

I’ve noticed that my 2go has been much better as of late. No dropouts or slow Qobuz track loading. Almost as “reliable” as the Poly now. Just because there isn’t new firmware doesn’t mean there wasn’t software tweaks behind the scenes.

Same here. 2Go is now as good with Roon as Poly has been. Awesome stuff

Nov 13, 2020 at 12:08 PM Post #4,646 of 6,288
I've noticed this just yesterday. 2Go typically will drop a song (or completely) any time I move between access points. Yesterday, I absent-mindedly went into the garage with the 2Go and suddenly realized it. No drop-outs there or when I got back to the house. Not if a slight glitch/hiccup. I plan on doing more range testing over the weekend.

All this time, I was convinced that it was a firmware problem with the 2Go. I still had LOTS of problems even with last update. In the meantime, Roon has had at least a couple of updates. Starting to look like it was not Chord, but Roon that was losing the connection...

Nov 13, 2020 at 12:38 PM Post #4,647 of 6,288
Nov 13, 2020 at 12:50 PM Post #4,648 of 6,288
Sorry I'm confused - how could Chord's outsourced coders be a factor when certification was achievied without a firmware update?
Even if no update to the firmware was needed, it is always possible that the Roon testers may have had some questions about the code operates, or what were the correct settings to use when testing particular use cases. This year, many coders have spent time working from home, or on furlough, and been uncontactable for a while.
Maybe it didn't apply in this case in relation to Chord, but especially this year, little things like that can break the communication flow, and delay resolving software queries.

Nov 13, 2020 at 4:17 PM Post #4,649 of 6,288
I've noticed this just yesterday. 2Go typically will drop a song (or completely) any time I move between access points. Yesterday, I absent-mindedly went into the garage with the 2Go and suddenly realized it. No drop-outs there or when I got back to the house. Not if a slight glitch/hiccup. I plan on doing more range testing over the weekend.

All this time, I was convinced that it was a firmware problem with the 2Go. I still had LOTS of problems even with last update. In the meantime, Roon has had at least a couple of updates. Starting to look like it was not Chord, but Roon that was losing the connection...

I have noticed the following: My chord 2Go worked always perfectly...I use an Amplifi HD mesh-system and I had to enable bridge-mode otherwise there was no connection from Roon to the 2Go. I don’t know if why and since when but now the connection from Roon to 2Go works without the bridge-mode...

Nov 16, 2020 at 4:23 AM Post #4,650 of 6,288
I'm back in the fold, worked perfectly right out of the boxes like they never left my side.

Anyways how about that 2yu; who thinks it will actually be released in 2020?
On a related note; what happened to the popcorn emoticon?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back