Chord 2Go & 2Yu Wired/Wireless Network streamer and S/PDIF adaptor - Official thread
Nov 16, 2020 at 1:20 PM Post #4,652 of 6,290
I'm back in the fold, worked perfectly right out of the boxes like they never left my side.

Anyways how about that 2yu; who thinks it will actually be released in 2020?
On a related note; what happened to the popcorn emoticon?
[deleted]
I suspect that if there is no news about 2Yu next weekend, it will be too late for pre-Christmas sales, so a 2021 shipping date looms.

Last edited:
Nov 16, 2020 at 2:00 PM Post #4,653 of 6,290
The Chord team will be at this show next weekend.
I suspect that if there is no news about 2Yu next weekend, it will be too late for pre-Christmas sales, so a 2021 shipping date looms.
I believe this show has been rescheduled to June 2021.
http://audioshow.co.uk/
We're under a national lockdown here. Essential retail and travel only.

Nov 19, 2020 at 5:14 PM Post #4,655 of 6,290
Is it possible to use iPhone as a controller playing files stored on SD card on 2go only connected via Bluetooth?
No. This was my intended usage as well. Your only option is to use a Hiby DAP as transport. Hiby Link supports phone as a remote controller.

Nov 19, 2020 at 5:45 PM Post #4,656 of 6,290
Is it possible to use iPhone as a controller playing files stored on SD card on 2go only connected via Bluetooth?
Actually you can play playlists you've created on the sd card via the gofigure app. Creating those playlists is not stress free though. I would love to but a time barrier to entry i have had capacity for yet.

I’ve asked a few times for the ability to at least just shuffle all sd tracks from the go figure app but no luck yet.

Nov 19, 2020 at 5:47 PM Post #4,657 of 6,290
Thanks for your answe!

I must confess that I seldom felt so stupid as when I try to understand how to use 2go. My goal was to have my music on a SD card and controlling 2go via my iPhone when I’m outdoors. And I can make that work, but only if I have “hotspot mode”. And it’s hard for me to understand why WiFi has to involved.

After a while I get so frustrated that I put 2go away. And it feels like I have made a big mistake when I bought it. But I really like the concept and hoping it to work some day.

Nov 19, 2020 at 5:50 PM Post #4,658 of 6,290
Actually you can play playlists you've created on the sd card via the gofigure app. Creating those playlists is not stress free though.

LOL! :scream::laughing::sob:

Nov 19, 2020 at 6:29 PM Post #4,659 of 6,290
Thanks for your answe!

I must confess that I seldom felt so stupid as when I try to understand how to use 2go. My goal was to have my music on a SD card and controlling 2go via my iPhone when I’m outdoors. And I can make that work, but only if I have “hotspot mode”. And it’s hard for me to understand why WiFi has to involved.

After a while I get so frustrated that I put 2go away. And it feels like I have made a big mistake when I bought it. But I really like the concept and hoping it to work some day.

My intended usage was exactly the same as yours. I was disappointed to find out that I can't control via bluetooth, so I bought a portable router to link up my phone and 2go. In the end, I was frustrated by 1) 2go constantly disconnecting from the network, 2) 2go does not power on/off together with the hugo2, 3) many many other shenanigans.

Luckily I was able to returned my 2go. I find myself spending much more time with my music with a dap->hugo than with the 2go. In the limited time I had with the 2go, I probably spent more time trouble-shooting than listening to music.

Last edited:
Nov 20, 2020 at 2:45 PM Post #4,660 of 6,290
With all the bad 2Go comments and reviews I was definitely put off buying one. Paul at Hifi Lounge has been very generous letting me borrow a 2Go unit for a few days and I can honestly say it has been working for me flawlessly for a few days now with very heavy use.

I've been using it work and on the go via my Phone's hotspot/Mconnect and at home using Roon.

Looking forward to owning my own 2Go now. :)

Nov 20, 2020 at 2:51 PM Post #4,661 of 6,290
With all the bad 2Go comments and reviews I was definitely put off buying one. Paul at Hifi Lounge has been very generous letting me borrow a 2Go unit for a few days and I can honestly say it has been working for me flawlessly for a few days now with very heavy use.

I've been using it work and on the go via my Phone's hotspot/Mconnect and at home using Roon.

Nice! Glad you will be joining the club!!!

Nov 20, 2020 at 3:32 PM Post #4,662 of 6,290

Does your 2go always successfully power on/off with the hugo2?

Nov 22, 2020 at 10:01 AM Post #4,664 of 6,290
Finaly I think I understand how to make it work. I think that a good undersanding about networking is preferable, something I don’t have. I had to get rid of my idea to use BT as control. Maby it would be a good idea to make an instruction for dummies like me. Narrowed down to specific using situation. I belive that the little thing I very capable. And that’s why it takes some effort to understand.

when it works it’s really a wonderful unit. Using it with Ethernet haven’t been a problem. But on the go needed some time for me to understand how to. I’m afraid I’m not fond of testing stuff. I just want it to work and enjoy the music.

Nov 22, 2020 at 2:41 PM Post #4,665 of 6,290
Finaly I think I understand how to make it work. I think that a good undersanding about networking is preferable, something I don’t have. I had to get rid of my idea to use BT as control. Maby it would be a good idea to make an instruction for dummies like me. Narrowed down to specific using situation. I belive that the little thing I very capable. And that’s why it takes some effort to understand.

when it works it’s really a wonderful unit. Using it with Ethernet haven’t been a problem. But on the go needed some time for me to understand how to. I’m afraid I’m not fond of testing stuff. I just want it to work and enjoy the music.
Yes, I agree that the user help needs to be made more intuitive for newbies.
The Poly and 2Go share the Poly platform, with the only major difference being that the 2Go can also use internet cable as an input.
In my mind I have a diagram that was used to explain the best Poly settings for the different Poly use cases.
I wish I could find that diagram again.
Possibly it forms part of the Poly user videos created a while back, but a similar diagram for the new 2Go owners, would be beneficial.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back