Chord 2Go & 2Yu Wired/Wireless Network streamer and S/PDIF adaptor - Official thread
Nov 22, 2020 at 6:22 PM Post #4,666 of 6,290
Does anyone know if it is even possible for an mpd server to connect over Bluetooth (i.e., would facilitate Bluetooth control of the sd card), which appears to be many users‘ desire.

Perhaps the Regilian developer knows.

Last edited:
Nov 23, 2020 at 5:50 PM Post #4,667 of 6,290
Hi all,

I posted this in the Hugo 2 forum as well.

I have been listening to my 2go/Hugo 2 as follows with no issues for several days:

2go/Hugo 2 (3V RMS line level out) > Ray Samuels Emmeline "The Raptor" Headphine Amp > Sennheiser HD 800 S

Just all of the sudden today, the Hugo 2 auto-shuts down after a few minutes.

Any ideas what is going on?

Nov 23, 2020 at 5:56 PM Post #4,668 of 6,290
Hi all,

I have been listening to my 2go/Hugo 2 as follows with no issues for several days:

2go/Hugo 2 (3V RMS line level out) > Ray Samuels Emmeline "The Raptor" Headphine Amp > Sennheiser HD 800 S

Sounds similar to something I had. Can't remember how I fixed it but I think it might be something to do with the coloured buttons. Be sure you are pressing the correct button when powering on to go to line level out mode. You should be pressing the power button and the one adjacent to it, you aren't by any chance pressing the 3rd or 4th button instead?

Nov 23, 2020 at 5:58 PM Post #4,669 of 6,290
Hi all,

You need to do at least two of the following tests for us to have something to go on:

1) does the Hugo 2 shut down when driving the headphones directly from its own headphone socket;

2) do you have any other sound sources you can use to drive your headphone amp;

3) do you have any other interconnects you can use between the Hugo 2 and your headphone amp?

Nov 23, 2020 at 5:59 PM Post #4,670 of 6,290
Hi all,

were you playing it and charging at the same time? that can sometimes make it cut off.

Nov 23, 2020 at 6:07 PM Post #4,671 of 6,290
You need to do at least two of the following tests for us to have something to go on:

1) does the Hugo 2 shut down when driving the headphones directly from its own headphone socket;

2) do you have any other sound sources you can use to drive your headphone amp;

3) do you have any other interconnects you can use between the Hugo 2 and your headphone amp?

Thanks for your help

1) does the Hugo 2 shut down when driving the headphones directly from its own headphone socket; I have my headphones connected to my Ray Samuels Audio headphone amp not the Hugo 2 headphone amp. I have been told not to connect headphones to the Hugo 2 headphone socket when using the 3V RMS line level out

2) do you have any other sound sources you can use to drive your headphone amp; Yes, but I think that I would have to disconnect my 2go streamer, right?

3) do you have any other interconnects you can use between the Hugo 2 and your headphone amp? I am using new Audioquest Big Sur interconnects. Haven't swapped them out. They were working just fine before

Nov 23, 2020 at 6:11 PM Post #4,672 of 6,290
Sounds similar to something I had. Can't remember how I fixed it but I think it might be something to do with the coloured buttons. Be sure you are pressing the correct button when powering on to go to line level out mode. You should be pressing the power button and the one adjacent to it, you aren't by any chance pressing the 3rd or 4th button instead?

Thanks for the reply. I'm pushing the right buttons. the line level purple volume button color confirms.

Nov 23, 2020 at 6:12 PM Post #4,673 of 6,290
were you playing it and charging at the same time? that can sometimes make it cut off.

Thanks for the help. It is cutting out when it is charging and playing at the same time. It's cutting out when it's not charging as well. Strange.

Last edited:
Nov 23, 2020 at 6:19 PM Post #4,675 of 6,290
Cool, no probs.

My problem was definitely something to do with the buttons though. Was a while back, so sorry can't remember how it got fixed. Could be a totally different issue for you of course :wink:

Thanks. I'll check again. Im pushing the two buttons - the power and x-phd - at once. Really appreciate the help. I have noticed that when I press the power and x-phd buttons at once to turn on the line level the crossfeed button does engage as well. Maybe the crossfeed button needs to be off when using line level?

Last edited:
Nov 23, 2020 at 6:37 PM Post #4,676 of 6,290
Thanks. I'll check again. Im pushing the two buttons - the power and x-phd - at once. Really appreciate the help. I have noticed that when I press the power and x-phd buttons at once to turn on the line level the crossfeed button does engage as well. Maybe the crossfeed button needs to be off when using line level?
You could maybe reach out to Chord on Twitter or Facebook, and/or raise a report ticket on website.

Nov 23, 2020 at 6:43 PM Post #4,677 of 6,290
Thanks for your help

1) does the Hugo 2 shut down when driving the headphones directly from its own headphone socket; I have my headphones connected to my Ray Samuels Audio headphone amp not the Hugo 2 headphone amp. I have been told not to connect headphones to the Hugo 2 headphone socket when using the 3V RMS line level out

2) do you have any other sound sources you can use to drive your headphone amp; Yes, but I think that I would have to disconnect my 2go streamer, right?

3) do you have any other interconnects you can use between the Hugo 2 and your headphone amp? I am using new Audioquest Big Sur interconnects. Haven't swapped them out. They were working just fine before
In test 1 I was not suggesting you use the headphones at line level. Set the Hugo 2 to normal output and see whether it still cuts out with the headphones plugged in directly. If it does still cut out then you have isolated the problem to the Hugo 2/2 go.

In test 2 I was suggesting replacing the Hugo 2 entirely with some other analogue source and testing your headphone amp and interconnects with that. If your system still has problems then it may be that the Hugo is OK but is cutting out to protect itself from a fault downstream.

In test 3 I was suggesting replacing the interconnects only with anything else (no matter how cheap and cheerful) in order to eliminate the interconnects as a potential problem.

Nov 23, 2020 at 7:01 PM Post #4,678 of 6,290
In test 1 I was not suggesting you use the headphones at line level. Set the Hugo 2 to normal output and see whether it still cuts out with the headphones plugged in directly. If it does still cut out then you have isolated the problem to the Hugo 2/2 go.

In test 2 I was suggesting replacing the Hugo 2 entirely with some other analogue source and testing your headphone amp and interconnects with that. If your system still has problems then it may be that the Hugo is OK but is cutting out to protect itself from a fault downstream.

In test 3 I was suggesting replacing the interconnects only with anything else (no matter how cheap and cheerful) in order to eliminate the interconnects as a potential problem.

Got it thank you very much. Troubleshooting in audio can be pain-staking and time-consuming. I'll try this out soon!

Nov 23, 2020 at 7:02 PM Post #4,679 of 6,290
You could maybe reach out to Chord on Twitter or Facebook, and/or raise a report ticket on website.

Good advice. May do it. Thanks.

Nov 24, 2020 at 12:25 AM Post #4,680 of 6,290
Hej, I had similar problem once. Hugo was shutting down without any reason. I found out that Hugo 2 was not charged (it was connected to power for at least 2 weeks). The power button was purple. I have disconnected 2go and charged H2 fully. Afterwards I was using H2+2go without any problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back