Chord 2Go & 2Yu Wired/Wireless Network streamer and S/PDIF adaptor - Official thread
Nov 3, 2020 at 9:33 AM Post #4,606 of 6,285
deleted

Last edited:
Nov 3, 2020 at 10:32 AM Post #4,607 of 6,285
They said that they would post an update when an update was available. I'm sure they are as enthusiastic to get the certification finished as we are. Would you like them to post an update saying that there isn't an update? :wink:
Of course nobody has need for posts just saying there isn't an update, however long periods of silence are unacceptable and frustrating. Some kind of regular indication that progress was being made would go a long way to keeping goodwill with customers. Also they should stop the mis-advertising on the website until it is actually certified - UPDATE these comments are no longer applicable :relaxed:

Last edited:
Nov 5, 2020 at 8:39 AM Post #4,609 of 6,285
We are pleased to announce that following an extremely busy period for Roon’s certification department, the company has granted full certification to the 2go streamer/server, making it fully Roon Ready.

In some circumstances, it may be necessary to reboot the Roon core in order for 2go to refresh its status.

With Roon Ready status now confirmed for 2go, we will soon be able to roll out the latest 2go firmware, which brings new feature-enhancing updates to the device. Follow us on our social media channels for further information in due course.

Nov 5, 2020 at 8:56 AM Post #4,611 of 6,285
We are pleased to announce that Roon has granted full certification to the 2go streamer/server, making it fully Roon Ready.

In some circumstances, it may be necessary to reboot the Roon core in order for 2go to refresh its status.

With Roon Ready status now confirmed for 2go, we will soon be able to roll out the latest 2go firmware. Follow us on our social media channels for further information in due course.

Attachments

• 2go - Roon Ready-1.jpg
    2go - Roon Ready-1.jpg
    1,002.1 KB · Views: 0
Nov 5, 2020 at 10:03 AM Post #4,614 of 6,285
no update here -- still on 1.0.3

Sorry if that was not clear. No need to wait for an update at our end. 2Go has now been certified so can be 'enabled' as an endpoint using your Roon software.

The latest 2Go firmware update coming soon, is not related to the Roon Certification.

Nov 5, 2020 at 10:09 AM Post #4,615 of 6,285
372CCBBC-3B7F-4938-BA1C-A9807F15D9E0.jpeg

Nov 5, 2020 at 11:04 AM Post #4,616 of 6,285
We are pleased to announce that Roon has granted full certification to the 2go streamer/server, making it fully Roon Ready.
I believed in you and just waited, when many were already in despair.
They didn't let me down.
Great job, nice to deal with professionals !!!
2Go.png

Nov 5, 2020 at 4:29 PM Post #4,617 of 6,285
Silence on 2go Roon Certification; some now not accepted as "developers" as a workaround. No sign of updates on 2yu release (cancelled my preorder and refunded). So many of us thought this would go so much smoother with "learnings" from Poly growing pain experience. (Love my Poly with FW 2.0) who could have predicted this. Longer the silence goes on the less faith I have for resolution or even Chord's future/interest in the mobile/portable space. A shame. Chord Electronics, I so truly want you to prove me very wrong. I would be very happy and reorder the 2yu.

@ChordElectronics @Mojo ideas @Matt Bartlett from silence to excellent news on the 2go. Thank you for proving me wrong. Clearly I was! Nice to be wrong in this case. Hopefully you will be able to also surprise us on a 2yu release (which I will jump back in line for). Curious to see what the upcoming 2go FW provide in functionality, bug fixes or upgrades. Tidal Connect???

Nov 5, 2020 at 4:31 PM Post #4,618 of 6,285
@ChordElectronics @Mojo ideas @Matt Bartlett from silence to excellent news on the 2go. Thank you for proving me wrong. Clearly I was! Nice to be wrong in this case. Hopefully you will be able to also surprise us on a 2yu release (which I will jump back in line for). Curious to see what the upcoming 2go FW provide in functionality, bug fixes or upgrades. Tidal Connect???

Pops/Clicks

Nov 5, 2020 at 5:09 PM Post #4,620 of 6,285
Welp, I made the wrong bet for sure. edit: Never mind...

On a related note, my VALENTINUM Chord Hugo2 + 2Go leather case arrived today from Ukraine.
I got the shipping notice the same day I was about to cancel my order for it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back