Chord 2Go & 2Yu Wired/Wireless Network streamer and S/PDIF adaptor - Official thread
Aug 10, 2020 at 2:44 AM Post #3,901 of 6,288
Definitely don't do that if you can avoid it. It'll shorten the battery life.

Just wondering - are you sure neither was re-sampling or using their inbuilt software volume control? If both are going through 2go, there shouldn't be a difference.
all the dsp processing etc happens in the NUC before sending to 2GO (lcd4z filter, upsampling)... going to be much quieter... there is an SQ difference... its noticeable.

Aug 10, 2020 at 9:03 AM Post #3,902 of 6,288
all the dsp processing etc happens in the NUC before sending to 2GO (lcd4z filter, upsampling)... going to be much quieter... there is an SQ difference... its noticeable.

If there is DSP engaged in the NUC, then it will definitely sound different vs. Audirvana. If both are sending bit-perfect (no DSP, no up-sampling either through Roon or Audirvana) then I'd be surprised if there was any audible difference. Audirvana wouldn't be sending through the NUC if you're going through the 2go, surely?

Aug 10, 2020 at 5:44 PM Post #3,903 of 6,288
Just had this custom made by Valentin on ETSY, it's on the way.
D69A78C6-93D0-4598-BF4D-BB503F38A922.png

Aug 10, 2020 at 6:00 PM Post #3,904 of 6,288
If there is DSP engaged in the NUC, then it will definitely sound different vs. Audirvana. If both are sending bit-perfect (no DSP, no up-sampling either through Roon or Audirvana) then I'd be surprised if there was any audible difference. Audirvana wouldn't be sending through the NUC if you're going through the 2go, surely?
correct. however... ill run a test re bit perfect... i suspect that the NUC will sound better even with no DSP.

Aug 10, 2020 at 6:30 PM Post #3,907 of 6,288
Just streaming. If you're an iOS user and aren't put off by being limited to 16/44 you can download tracks (to your iPhone/iPad) in the native Tidal app and then send those to your H2Go via Airplay.
And does the streaming come directly from the internet, or can it stream from downloaded files on your phone?

Aug 10, 2020 at 9:16 PM Post #3,909 of 6,288
You can stream downloaded files (from Apple Music, Spotify, Qobuz, etc.) over Airplay, no prob so long as your iPhone/iPad and the 2Go are on the same WiFi network.
True. Right now I’m streaming Spotify from my iPad to H2go and browsing the net at the same time.

Breaking in my new (to me) Heddphones.

Aug 10, 2020 at 9:35 PM Post #3,910 of 6,288
You can stream downloaded files (from Apple Music, Spotify, Qobuz, etc.) over Airplay, no prob so long as your iPhone/iPad and the 2Go are on the same WiFi network.
Glad to hear Spotify and iPhone works. How about Tidal amd Android? That’s what I use.

Aug 10, 2020 at 11:16 PM Post #3,912 of 6,288
Glad to hear Spotify and iPhone works. How about Tidal amd Android? That’s what I use.

The 2Go (and Poly) don't support Android's Airplay-equivalent, Google Cast. It's long been a contention, especially since Chord said it would come to Poly. That was three years ago. But they continue to update for Airplay...

Aug 10, 2020 at 11:46 PM Post #3,913 of 6,288
As far as I'm aware AirPlay is only available on Apple sources running iOS, iPadOS or macOS.
They call it ‘Casting’ in Andoid — unfortunately I can’t get it to work from my Hiby R6 Pro. So I can’t cast Spotify from the Hiby. Note, I tried with the 2 devices both connected to my home WiFi network, and also tried using H2go in hotspot mode. I could get the Hiby to connect to the hotspot, but the H2go never showed up as a casting target. Maybe someone smarter than me can guide you.

I can play ‘local’ music from the Hiby using BubbleUPnP which lets you chose the H2go as an alternate renderer.

Maybe someone smarter than me can guide you. Possibly @joshnor713 :)

Aug 11, 2020 at 12:13 AM Post #3,914 of 6,288
They call it ‘Casting’ in Andoid — unfortunately I can’t get it to work from my Hiby R6 Pro. So I can’t cast Spotify from the Hiby. Note, I tried with the 2 devices both connected to my home WiFi network, and also tried using H2go in hotspot mode. I could get the Hiby to connect to the hotspot, but the H2go never showed up as a casting target. Maybe someone smarter than me can guide you.

I can play ‘local’ music from the Hiby using BubbleUPnP which lets you chose the H2go as an alternate renderer.

Maybe someone smarter than me can guide you. Possibly @joshnor713 :)

Correct, on Android you have to use something like Bubble to play streaming media. But it's not a solution compared to Airplay. You can't play offline (downloaded) content this way. So, if I'm on a plane or at a place with no signal (or merely don't want to use that much data thru cellular), I don't have access to that music. Also can't listen to YouTube or anything else that could Cast. You only have access to what Bubble or equivalent allows you.

Aug 11, 2020 at 5:59 AM Post #3,915 of 6,288
my 2go no longer appears as a ROON native endpoint. It is seen as an airplay endpoint though. No issues with the network -- this is both over wired ethernet and wifi

Has roon dropped support for 2GO?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back