Chord 2Go & 2Yu Wired/Wireless Network streamer and S/PDIF adaptor - Official thread
Aug 7, 2020 at 10:07 PM Post #3,872 of 6,288
I spent the day playing w/ various streams sent to my H2Go from a number of players and didn't have a single blip, definitely pleased by this as I've been expecting a more "rocky" experience.

- Apple Music via Airplay
- Qobuz & Tidal (up to 24/192) via Roon
- Qobuz & Tidal (up to 24/192) via Audirvana
- Qobuz & Tidal (up to 24/192) via MConnect
- Flac (up to 24/96) on Micro SD controlled via Rigelian

The only minor and momentary hiccup was with MConnect finding the 2Go DLNA renderer, a quick H2Go power cycle cleared that up.

Aug 7, 2020 at 11:19 PM Post #3,873 of 6,288
I spent the day playing w/ various streams sent to my H2Go from a number of players and didn't have a single blip, definitely pleased by this as I've been expecting a more "rocky" experience.

- Apple Music via Airplay
- Qobuz & Tidal (up to 24/192) via Roon
- Qobuz & Tidal (up to 24/192) via Audirvana
- Qobuz & Tidal (up to 24/192) via MConnect
- Flac (up to 24/96) on Micro SD controlled via Rigelian

The only minor and momentary hiccup was with MConnect finding the 2Go DLNA renderer, a quick H2Go power cycle cleared that up.
FYI. Big SQ Delta between roon and audirvana if you are using a roon nuc. Roon sound more full open and organic if using NUC. Tested AUdi via iMac vs roon nuc. Big difference.

Aug 8, 2020 at 12:12 AM Post #3,874 of 6,288
EBay seller unstoppable has a new silver 2Go for $885, but emailed an offer for 3% off, so $858.
I bought a black one from him — was truly new.
Just thought I’d mention in case someone is looking.

Aug 8, 2020 at 3:02 AM Post #3,875 of 6,288
chord has or did have a whole string of network players and music streamers funny it's never mentioned here.

1596870258326.png

Last edited:
Aug 8, 2020 at 4:37 AM Post #3,877 of 6,288
Hi, im wondering if someone can help me. I can still play my hugo2go using roon but i used to be able to play via bluetooth on my phone spotify. It still says that its playing to the hugo and the track plays but there is no sound. Any suggestions?

Aug 8, 2020 at 1:32 PM Post #3,878 of 6,288
Hi, im wondering if someone can help me. I can still play my hugo2go using roon but i used to be able to play via bluetooth on my phone spotify. It still says that its playing to the hugo and the track plays but there is no sound. Any suggestions?
A shot in the dark here, but would that happen if you selected an Airplay device as your Roon endpoint and didn't have an Apple device? I only know cos I made that mistake myself a few months ago :laughing: :laughing:

Last edited:
Aug 8, 2020 at 5:47 PM Post #3,879 of 6,288
Newbie tip: every so often I can’t connect w/ GoFigure (to change cards or WiFi networks) via Bluetooth from my iDevices. Telling the device to ‘forget’ the H2go and then reconnecting seems to fix that— usually on the first try.

Aug 8, 2020 at 6:11 PM Post #3,880 of 6,288
Aug 8, 2020 at 6:11 PM Post #3,881 of 6,288
Newbie tip: every so often I can’t connect w/ GoFigure (to change cards or WiFi networks) via Bluetooth from my iDevices. Telling the device to ‘forget’ the H2go and then reconnecting seems to fix that— usually on the first try.

Agree with this tip. Sometimes if I open the Bluetooth settings on iPhone, I see Hugo2Go (or the device name) listed like 5 times, and I tap on each and select “forget device” for each. This seems to help Bluetooth connectivity.

On WiFi connectivity, I find the best way to make an initial connection in my WiFi setup (dual mode linksys router) is to tell the router to separate my 2.4 and 5 bands and to rename my 5 band from ssid (same as 2.4) to ssidx, then I connect my Hugo2Go to ssid, then I change my 5 band back to ssid from ssidx. The Hugo2Go seems to connect reliably to my network after that 🤞

Aug 8, 2020 at 10:07 PM Post #3,883 of 6,288
had this old pelican case hanging around and not being used. fits perfectly.. 😊

20200809_095138.jpg
Size? Notch for cable?

‘The World is a Ghetto’ ==> H2go ==> Auteur

So good!

Aug 8, 2020 at 10:09 PM Post #3,884 of 6,288
I couldn't resist and decided to order a 2Go earlier this week. I'm happy to report that, at least initially, things are going well. After upgrading the firmware (to 1.0.3) I used some of the learnings/advice from the folks here during set up. Here are some of the environment particulars.

- UniFi Security Gateway 3P > UniFi Switch 8 POE-60W > (3x) UniFi AP-AC-Pro Access Points
- Roon Server running on an Intel Core i7 Ubuntu Server

I disabled the 2.4Ghz radio on my primary 5Ghz network and created a separate and hidden 2.4Ghz network just for the H2Go to limit interference. I'm wirelessly streaming 24/192 Qobuz (via Roon) with no issues so far and based on the UniFi stats I think I have a fair bit of throughput headroom. Will continue to test in different parts of the house to see if luck holds. We shall see. :)

UniFi.png

Roon.jpeg

I just have to thank the community here for the stellar info/tips that have been shared over the past several months. I continue to be pleasantly surprised as I've not had any issues streaming up to DSD64 reliably via Rune. I've also tested Audirvana, MConnect, Rigelian and Apple Music via Airplay. Apart from a momentary stutter over Airplay (which has not happened again since) everything has been working smoothly. Now I can just settle in and enjoy the tunes without worrying so much about the 2Go stability/reliability. Cheers :)

Aug 8, 2020 at 11:41 PM Post #3,885 of 6,288
I had an m15. Once I opened the h2go and fired it up. Well the difference was Stark. Returned the m15 the next day. I could not believe what I was hearing. Keep in mind I burned the m15 in for 3 weeks and the h2go was straight from the box. I didn't even care about price difference as the square bump was so great

I returned my m15 as well. Was a fine DAP but I feel similarly to you @radnor. Loving my Hugo 2 and now my H2Go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back