Chord 2Go & 2Yu Wired/Wireless Network streamer and S/PDIF adaptor - Official thread
Aug 6, 2020 at 10:08 PM Post #3,856 of 6,288
Does anybody still wonder why I just want peacefully to use Bluetooth BLE? To have my music transferred directly from sd cards in the 2go to the hugo with no WiFi being used?
I feel your pain. I'm in the same boat here. The other thing regarding playlists I found out is that GoFigure won't read names with special characters. That is really problematic with a lot of Classical music.
So the list of bugs grows on my end.
A) shuffle button bug
B) special characters bug
And of course the monumental failure of it dropping ble connection with my android phone.

Aug 6, 2020 at 10:55 PM Post #3,857 of 6,288
I feel your pain. I'm in the same boat here. The other thing regarding playlists I found out is that GoFigure won't read names with special characters. That is really problematic with a lot of Classical music.
A) shuffle button bug
And of course the monumental failure of it dropping ble connection with my android phone.
I absolutely hear you on the special characters. That was the main reason I chose not to use the id3 tag data for the playlist names but to use the already-existing filenames on the sd card in the first place. In that way I hoped to avoid special character problems with filenames.

The method ran into similar problems to yourself because gofigure uses Unix pathnames when it interprets the playlists. At the beginning I did not realise this. Characters which are not special in DOS filenames can be special in Unix filenames. The slash (/) being an obvious example.

The bulk of my playlists converted successfully but I'm still finding the odd one that won't play and having to fix it by hand.

Seems as if I should have installed a Unix emulator on my windows pc and written the scripts in C-shell.

Last edited:
Aug 6, 2020 at 11:40 PM Post #3,858 of 6,288
I absolutely hear you on the special characters. That was the main reason I chose not to use the id3 tag data for the playlist names but to use the already-existing filenames on the sd card in the first place. In that way I hoped to avoid special character problems with filenames.

The method ran into similar problems to yourself because gofigure uses Unix pathnames when it interprets the playlists. At the beginning I did not realise this. Characters which are not special in DOS filenames can be special in Unix filenames. The slash (/) being an obvious example.

The bulk of my playlists converted successfully but I'm still finding the odd one that won't play and having to fix it by hand.

Seems as if I should have installed a Unix emulator on my windows pc and written the scripts in C-shell.
Also GoFigure will not read accented letters in album and artist names of the folder.
GoFigure!!!
The playlist name cannot contain accents ( ditto the folders) so Greek, Scandinavian, French, Russian etc names have to be edited to remove accents. Ugh.

Last edited:
Aug 7, 2020 at 12:17 AM Post #3,859 of 6,288
A) shuffle button bug

Seems this is an issue that affects many parts of GoFigure. My Qobuz password contains special characters and GoFigure has a fit over it, won’t accept it and can’t log in.

Aug 7, 2020 at 12:33 AM Post #3,860 of 6,288
Ah, cool. I'll do some wandering around my house while streaming later to test out the new firmware. I have 3x APs so should be able to get it to switch quite a bit.

I moved around and got a few AP handoffs tonight without any interruptions so that's promising. I've also been jumping back and forth between Roon and Apple Music (AirPlay) without any drop outs or stuttering. Will see how long that lasts though, right @radnor?

Aug 7, 2020 at 2:39 PM Post #3,861 of 6,288
I am wondering if the hugo 2go-2yu combo would be able to supply redbook files from Tidal directly to the HMS via wifi, or if it is via a computer or phone.

Also, do you know if Tidal tracks can be downloaded to the 2go, or is it just streaming?

Thanks!

Aug 7, 2020 at 6:24 PM Post #3,863 of 6,288
Custom H2GO case from Valentinum
IMG_3498.jpeg
IMG_3499.jpeg
... primary use case out and about... so holes for headphones and charging and wireless only.. .also made gap smaller for H2 buttons.

Attachments

• IMG_3506.jpeg
    IMG_3506.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3505.jpeg
    IMG_3505.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3504.jpeg
    IMG_3504.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3502.jpeg
    IMG_3502.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3503.jpeg
    IMG_3503.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3501.jpeg
    IMG_3501.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
Aug 7, 2020 at 6:53 PM Post #3,864 of 6,288
Very nice @radnor, do you have a link to where you found this model on the Valentinum store front?

Edit: I ordered one very similar to this from Valentinum the other day but it looks slightly different. Does yours have an extra panel to cover the top when you're traveling with it (in a bag or something)?

Last edited:
Aug 7, 2020 at 6:57 PM Post #3,865 of 6,288
Custom H2GO case from Valentinum... primary use case out and about... so holes for headphones and charging and wireless only.. .also made gap smaller for H2 buttons.
Very smart case.

Can it be attached to your belt at the waist? How do you intend carrying it?

Aug 7, 2020 at 7:45 PM Post #3,866 of 6,288
Very nice @radnor, do you have a link to where you found this model on the Valentinum store front?

Edit: I ordered one very similar to this from Valentinum the other day but it looks slightly different. Does yours have an extra panel to cover the top when you're traveling with it (in a bag or something)?
yes i requested several changes... one of which was closing the gap on the buttons on the front.... the gap in the one he has been selling was too big and showed the 2go line... this makes it look more integrated... ye sit has a panel that covers the entire top as well... good if throwing in a bag.

no link just request the changes... he will do at no extra charge.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back