Chord 2Go & 2Yu Wired/Wireless Network streamer and S/PDIF adaptor - Official thread
Aug 11, 2020 at 7:28 AM Post #3,917 of 6,287
that didnt work

am using my dcs network bridge to drive the hugo2 part. That works without a hitch.

dCS are not without criticism -- their apps are clunky (though far far less nasty than GoFigure), and they never implemented wifi support on the network bridge. But.... it does work.

Aug 11, 2020 at 7:35 AM Post #3,918 of 6,287
Still showing up here Screenshot_20200811-170429_Roon.jpg

Aug 11, 2020 at 12:37 PM Post #3,921 of 6,287
As I have defended our friends at Roon in all this dropped connection craziness, i recently set up a little headphone burn-in station for a new Stax amp I bought. To drive it I attached a BlueSound streamer/DAC that I have used frequently upstairs without a hitch, both wired and wirelessly with Roon. In fact, in my mind as have others in this thread, I've questioned why my H2Go can't behave as well as the much cheaper (and not-as-good-sounding) BlueSound...

Placing it in my basement feeding the new amp, wirelessly, I'm encountering what I would consider almost identical connection challenges that I'm having with the 2Go/Roon. Eerily similar, in fact...skipped tracks, freezes, stoppage altogether, all at about the same rates/frequency. So perhaps as discussed, our friends at Chord have some accomplices in trying to figure out why this streaming is so complicated half-way through 2020. Maybe it's Covid-related? Maybe it will all clear up after the election?

Aug 11, 2020 at 3:38 PM Post #3,922 of 6,287
As I have defended our friends at Roon in all this dropped connection craziness, i recently set up a little headphone burn-in station for a new Stax amp I bought. To drive it I attached a BlueSound streamer/DAC that I have used frequently upstairs without a hitch, both wired and wirelessly with Roon. In fact, in my mind as have others in this thread, I've questioned why my H2Go can't behave as well as the much cheaper (and not-as-good-sounding) BlueSound...

Placing it in my basement feeding the new amp, wirelessly, I'm encountering what I would consider almost identical connection challenges that I'm having with the 2Go/Roon. Eerily similar, in fact...skipped tracks, freezes, stoppage altogether, all at about the same rates/frequency. So perhaps as discussed, our friends at Chord have some accomplices in trying to figure out why this streaming is so complicated half-way through 2020. Maybe it's Covid-related? Maybe it will all clear up after the election?

Yes I am quite convinced there is a ROON issue causing issues here.

Aug 11, 2020 at 4:57 PM Post #3,923 of 6,287

Does your basement have a wireless transmitter /repeater down there or are you relying on the WiFi signal from upstairs?

I say this because I think that most WiFi transmitters would transmit most strongly in a horizontal plane, and because your problems seem to have started when you set up your rig in the basement.

Aug 11, 2020 at 5:00 PM Post #3,924 of 6,287
I have a mesh network, so I don't think there are repeaters per se. I had a new mesh end-point installed specifically in the basement down here for improved video streaming (in 4K no less), and while there is a piece of drywall, that's all that's blocking it and otherwise it's probably 20 feet away and otherwise "direct line."

Restarting my Roon servers appears to have calmed the behavior down, although I will test more tonight to confirm.

Aug 11, 2020 at 5:33 PM Post #3,925 of 6,287
Has anybody figured out how to get rid of the “vinyl pop” sounds with the 2Go? Sometimes it’s really bad, sometimes it only happens a couple of times per listening session. I’ve tried with 2go as a hotspot, with Ethernet cable, wireless, Apple Airplay, Rigelian, Roon. I can’t seem to figure out the rhyme or reason why these vinyl pop sounds are occurring. I know others in here have mentioned the vinyl sounds as well. Any solutions?

Aug 11, 2020 at 5:51 PM Post #3,926 of 6,287
Has anybody figured out how to get rid of the “vinyl pop” sounds with the 2Go? Sometimes it’s really bad, sometimes it only happens a couple of times per listening session. I’ve tried with 2go as a hotspot, with Ethernet cable, wireless, Apple Airplay, Rigelian, Roon. I can’t seem to figure out the rhyme or reason why these vinyl pop sounds are occurring. I know others in here have mentioned the vinyl sounds as well. Any solutions?

It's on Chord's plate. They thought they fixed it in the v1.0 firmware update but many of us (including me) have reported that they haven't. I haven't heard about the work to fix in a while. Would like to.

Aug 11, 2020 at 5:55 PM Post #3,927 of 6,287
It's on Chord's plate. They thought they fixed it in the v1.0 firmware update but many of us (including me) have reported that they haven't. I haven't heard about the work to fix in a while. Would like to.
Thanks! One would think this would be a higher priority to the Chord folks. Fingers crossed that this will be fixed in the next update :fingers_crossed:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back