Chord 2Go & 2Yu Wired/Wireless Network streamer and S/PDIF adaptor - Official thread
May 29, 2020 at 1:17 AM Post #2,251 of 6,290
Have you tried instrumental music like piano over airplay? You can clearly hear LP static like sound while the piano plays.
just curious because I don’t believe it’s a hardware issue.

Will give it a go:wink:

May 29, 2020 at 1:22 AM Post #2,252 of 6,290
Well, Roon uses their own protocol instead of UPnP if I remember correctly. Just because it works with Roon their own protocol (it is RAAT or something like that), does not mean the 2GO has no issues with other protocols.

It is actually quite an achievement to mess Airplay up considering Airplay implementations are certified and are generally robust.

And I am not going to pay $700 for a music player to make the 2GO work like it is intended to be. Especially since it is a portable DAC and I cannot run Roon on my phone.

The question I was answering in the post you quoted my reply from was “What functions of the 2go are working hiccup free?”

To be very specific (and I thought was obvious), I believe Roon is working hiccup free. Roon uses RaaT.

Like I said in my previous detailed post with bullets on the page 149, yes, I agree, AirPlay is an issue.

I am thinking/hoping that Chord is watching this thread and I would bet these issues with AirPlay and connectivity are fixed in a future firmware update. My current firmware is 0.9.1 ... this device is still not at 1.0 or later.

May 29, 2020 at 3:50 AM Post #2,253 of 6,290
May 29, 2020 at 3:51 AM Post #2,254 of 6,290
The LS50 Wireless was and has been a complete sh!tshow (just read their reviews on app store), and now Chord can't make a $1300 product work. I guess the real question is, does any network/wifi related equipment made by these hifi companies work?

May 29, 2020 at 4:02 AM Post #2,255 of 6,290
Charging with 2go is really HOT!! At first time I just thinking is there any problem about the battery? I know charging battery will be hot, just like charging phone, but not that kind of 🔥!! The case will even prohibit the heat dissipation, so I will skip the case too. Maybe i will consider purchase a loose bag for 2go + Hugo2, after major issues have been fixed.

I've recently been using this "laptop vacuum" thingy to cool down the hugo2go during charging. It sucks hot air from the rca/coax/3.5/6.5 jack. Works like a charm!

https://www.amazon.com/Temperature-Auto-Temp-Detection-2600-5000RPM-Nintendo/dp/B01NACVLWM/

May 29, 2020 at 4:05 AM Post #2,256 of 6,290
The LS50 Wireless was and has been a complete sh!tshow (just read their reviews on app store), and now Chord can't make a $1300 product work. I guess the real question is, does any network/wifi related equipment made by these hifi companies work?

I had the KEF LS50 Wireless for over a year. Amazing speakers.

May 29, 2020 at 5:57 AM Post #2,257 of 6,290
May 29, 2020 at 6:25 AM Post #2,259 of 6,290
The question I was answering in the post you quoted my reply from was “What functions of the 2go are working hiccup free?”

To be very specific (and I thought was obvious), I believe Roon is working hiccup free. Roon uses RaaT.

Like I said in my previous detailed post with bullets on the page 149, yes, I agree, AirPlay is an issue.

I am thinking/hoping that Chord is watching this thread and I would bet these issues with AirPlay and connectivity are fixed in a future firmware update. My current firmware is 0.9.1 ... this device is still not at 1.0 or later.
Yes I watch the thread and note the comments but I don't always have the time to respond!

May 29, 2020 at 6:29 AM Post #2,260 of 6,290

Do you have Airport Express in the house?

May 29, 2020 at 11:27 AM Post #2,262 of 6,290
May 29, 2020 at 1:37 PM Post #2,263 of 6,290
Chord think my 2Go was faulty so it has gone back to retailer for replacement. If you set it to wireless hub and looked at the output with a WiFi sniffer app, its wireless output came and went, which may be another symptom of an aerial fault. I also could not get Qobuz to stream as it did not appear on either GoFigure. Glider or 8Player Pro, even though it accepted my Qobuz account details at the set up stage of GoFigure. I could stream Qobuz on my iOS devices or Mac and stream via Airplay or Airfoil, as long as the 2Go was connected via an Ethernet cable. Disappointing.

May 29, 2020 at 1:53 PM Post #2,264 of 6,290
I have Node 2i which has worked flawlessly and constantly on, the BluOS is also very good, 2nd to only Roon.......whish Chord could use their software....one can only dream.....

May 29, 2020 at 2:47 PM Post #2,265 of 6,290
I had the KEF LS50 Wireless for over a year. Amazing speakers.
I am sure they are, but there is no point using them with a Chord DAC as they will undo all of Rob's hard work, by reconverting the analogue to digital and processing it through their internal DAC.
It's such a shame that Chord and KEF can't come together (after all they are only a couple of miles apart) to produce an active speaker with a Rob Watts designed DAC.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back