Chord 2Go & 2Yu Wired/Wireless Network streamer and S/PDIF adaptor - Official thread
May 27, 2020 at 12:06 PM Post #2,221 of 6,290
Just got my 2Go today but unable to get wireless to connect. On the GoFigure App the 2Go sees both of my 2.4gHz networks, Apple and TP-Link, but as soon as you enter the password (either manually or copy and paste from my passwords file vault) the network signal strength disappears completely. I am sitting about 3 feet from my Airport Extreme and I tried in my kitchen sitting near the TP-Link Archer 400 modem router. I have been able to connect with an Ethernet cable to the back of the Airport Extreme. The other thing I cannot get running is Qobuz. I entered my Qobuz account details on the GoFigure set up wizard and the app appeared to accept them. I thought that Qobuz should appear on the radio stations alongside the various BBC radio stations and Hardhouse UK radio but it doesn't. Neither does it appear on the Glider app, which I am using to control playback from the 256 GB micro SD card. This works as long as I have the Ethernet cable connected but stops as soon as I disconnect the cable. Someone else suggested I need to disable all my 5 GHz wireless networks as that upsets the 2Go. If that is the case, then there is something very wrong with the 2Go. Waiting for Chord technical to get back to me with suggestions on the wireless but my suspicion is that the unit is faulty, maybe a disconnected WiFi aerial. All the members of my household use the 5GHz network and need this fast network for file transfer etc. Again as long as I have the cable connected, Airplay and Airfoil both work.

May 27, 2020 at 1:55 PM Post #2,225 of 6,290
Poly owners are still waiting for these updates to truly solve the issues. :)

Fortunately the 2go has a lot more raw compute power available so Chord should be able to fix issues a bit more liberally than with the Poly. Hopefully.

May 27, 2020 at 5:49 PM Post #2,226 of 6,290
what a shame...so promising

May 27, 2020 at 5:59 PM Post #2,228 of 6,290
All of the problems we are seeing are almost certainly software problems - not hardware problems.

Firmware and software updates are coming!

Doody
Possibly, but the lack of internal storage for multiple SD card indexing is a hardware problem.

May 27, 2020 at 6:58 PM Post #2,230 of 6,290
Just tracking comments here and adding some feedback. Mind you my main use case is home use with Roon.
  • Black 2Go arrived May 2020.
  • No issues joining to my WiFi. I use a 3-node Eero Pro Mesh system in my apartment.
  • Unit came loaded with 0.9.1 which GoFigure says is the latest version.
  • Roon sees unit no problem, after changing to “DSD/Bit Perfect” playback mode in GoFigure, I have Roon-verified Lossless Signal path (purple star). I have no issues or artifacts at all when using Roon. I can play DSD and Hi-Rez, zero issues and confirmed lossless signal path. Sounds great!
  • I tried AirPlay and have some of the same issues mentioned here. Airplay plays 100% reliably (start/stop/resume/connect/disconnect all work predictably) *however*, I hear very very faint static/“LP” artifacts on what I would consider high frequency sections of some tracks. In electronic music or music that has “shimmer” sounds in it, the faint static is most noticable. I think non-audiophile people would not notice this as something wrong but in this price tier, I agree, it is not acceptable.
  • Have not tried (and may not ever) SD Card Playback.

Last edited:
May 27, 2020 at 7:19 PM Post #2,232 of 6,290
What does this mean. What will it not ever be able to do... I'm considering buying a 2go but this thread scares me

As I understand it, the 2go indexes the music on each SD card on the card itself. Which means that even though the device has 2 card slots you can only play music from one of the cards at any particular time. As a user, you have to remember whether that track/album you want to play is on the 'left' or 'right' SD card and use the app to switch accordingly.

To have a unified view of the 2 cards, the index needs to be in a central place such an internal memory module within the unit. This internal memory probably does not exist / not large enough / reserved for something else/ will be unleased later. i.e. this could be an hardware or firmware limitation.

May 27, 2020 at 7:27 PM Post #2,233 of 6,290
As I understand it, the 2go indexes the music on each SD card on the card itself. Which means that even though the device has 2 card slots you can only play music from one of the cards at any particular time. As a user, you have to remember whether that track/album you want to play is on the 'left' or 'right' SD card and use the app to switch accordingly.

To have a unified view of the 2 cards, the index needs to be in a central place such an internal memory module within the unit. This internal memory probably does not exist / not large enough / reserved for something else/ will be unleased later. i.e. this could be an hardware or firmware limitation.
How would one use android to view and control SD card playback?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back