Chord 2Go & 2Yu Wired/Wireless Network streamer and S/PDIF adaptor - Official thread
May 25, 2020 at 8:05 PM Post #2,206 of 6,290

Bill are you using the RCAs to go out to an amp or headphones? I've heard reports that the RCA jacks are clearer for the headphone output. Even though it's all connected to the same exact output, the RCA connection might slightly improve the sound esp. if you have good RCA connectors and cabling. How do you like the Viablues?

May 25, 2020 at 8:44 PM Post #2,209 of 6,290
Bill are you using the RCAs to go out to an amp or headphones? I've heard reports that the RCA jacks are clearer for the headphone output. Even though it's all connected to the same exact output, the RCA connection might slightly improve the sound esp. if you have good RCA connectors and cabling. How do you like the Viablues?
I am using rca -> 4.4 for in-ear, for me the sound stage is a bit bigger and wider, quite positive result

May 26, 2020 at 12:01 AM Post #2,211 of 6,290
Sadly, I have decided to cancel my order for the 2go. Might reconsider it once the glitches are ironed out. I hope they do since I was waiting 2years 2go for it.
same boat here

May 26, 2020 at 12:04 AM Post #2,212 of 6,290
Hey all, just got my 2Go the other day. Using it with Roon in my house on WiFi. Everything works great but inside of Roon in the signal chain view, I’m noticing a -6db digital volume adjustment happening right before the DAC Output. It doesn’t seem part of Roon or DSP. Does anyone else see this? Can I defeat this?

Edit: turned on Bit Perfect in the app and it’s all good!

Last edited:
May 26, 2020 at 1:31 AM Post #2,213 of 6,290
Hey all, just got my 2Go the other day. Using it with Roon in my house on WiFi. Everything works great but inside of Roon in the signal chain view, I’m noticing a -6db digital volume adjustment happening right before the DAC Output. It doesn’t seem part of Roon or DSP. Does anyone else see this? Can I defeat this?

Edit: turned on Bit Perfect in the app and it’s all good!

Sounds like the Roon volume slider isn't set to 0db - all the way to the right, maybe?

May 26, 2020 at 4:44 AM Post #2,215 of 6,290
I've been in bed for two days with tonsilitis and would love to listen to music but my 2go still has such a pathetically weak wifi connection, it simply won't work. In order to use it I have to physically unscrew/ remove the 2go and connect the Hugo2 via usb to my laptop, phone or ipad, all of which have strong enough connections to stream roon and tidal.

Given the wifi connectivity is so poor, why oh why didn't Chord leave a usb passthrough option? I don't want to have to spend 5 min with an allen key every time i walk 5m away from my router...

I will be returning the 2go unless this is fixed very soon as it is basically unfit for purpose.

May 26, 2020 at 9:49 AM Post #2,216 of 6,290
I don't want to have to spend 5 min with an allen key every time i walk 5m away from my router...
Feel better!

Be careful of losing those damn set screws. I almost lost one when I got my unit - it was not screwed in and fell out as I was unpacking. Mercifully, I unpacked on a clean flat surface and it didn't get lost in the furniture/carpet/mess :).

Doody

May 26, 2020 at 9:04 PM Post #2,217 of 6,290
I've been in bed for two days with tonsilitis and would love to listen to music but my 2go still has such a pathetically weak wifi connection, it simply won't work. In order to use it I have to physically unscrew/ remove the 2go and connect the Hugo2 via usb to my laptop, phone or ipad, all of which have strong enough connections to stream roon and tidal.

Given the wifi connectivity is so poor, why oh why didn't Chord leave a usb passthrough option? I don't want to have to spend 5 min with an allen key every time i walk 5m away from my router...

I will be returning the 2go unless this is fixed very soon as it is basically unfit for purpose.
Get well!
My use case is having my entire library at my fingertips while in bed. So disappointed at the shoddy software implementation. Now I've got a rooted lg v20 with UAPP into the hugo2. Everything streams all the way upto dsd 128 ( haven't tested 256 or 512). Ofcourse UAPP only allows folder browsing and doesnt have the radio function of roon, which I love.
All in all I feel really let down by Chord. Now considering an allo usb signature with dedicated power supply for the hugo2. Not very portable, but at least I'll be able to stream hi res ( as well as utilise the hqplayer upsampling) to the bedroom.
Hope Chord can turn this utter failure of a product around.

May 27, 2020 at 9:10 AM Post #2,218 of 6,290
Hi all.
like many others, I’ve been facing issues with the 2Go.
specifically, airplay results in crackling/static sound like a LP, especially for instrumental piano music.
playing the same files from tidal using upnp with mconnect (rather than airplay) resolves the issue.

I think chord has a serious flaw in their implementation of Airplay. Ive tested this with another 2Go unit and have the same results.

May 27, 2020 at 10:34 AM Post #2,219 of 6,290
Hi all.
like many others, I’ve been facing issues with the 2Go.
specifically, airplay results in crackling/static sound like a LP, especially for instrumental piano music.
playing the same files from tidal using upnp with mconnect (rather than airplay) resolves the issue.

I think chord has a serious flaw in their implementation of Airplay. Ive tested this with another 2Go unit and have the same results.

I also tested other units and they all had the same problems too.

I also have the same Airplay issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back