Chord 2Go & 2Yu Wired/Wireless Network streamer and S/PDIF adaptor - Official thread
May 30, 2020 at 8:20 AM Post #2,282 of 6,287
I must be incredibly lucky- my 2Go works across every single connection type....

May 30, 2020 at 10:55 AM Post #2,284 of 6,287
Thanks for describing it. I can confirm that I get the exact same “pops and clicks”.

I sent my UK dealer an email about this and they confirmed they’ll be reaching out to Chord for clarification.

But on the other hand you say is it perfect in other posts?

May 30, 2020 at 11:17 AM Post #2,286 of 6,287
Roughly half the 2Go owners on this thread are experiencing no problems.
The other half includes a few owners who are delighting in trying to suggest that all the 2Gos are affected.
Human nature.

It is simple statistics. If multiple units that went threw my hands all have the same problems, I do not believe claims of perfect units.

If I get a perfect unit in my hands, then I will only believe that perfect units exist.

May 30, 2020 at 11:30 AM Post #2,288 of 6,287
My 2go needs to be reset all the time. It seems to not get recognized by my house wifi and BubblePnP.

But atleast it doesn't cutoff anymore since I added a wifi extender at home. It seemed to be streaming at a lower quality too as it sound significantly different now. Better now.

Last edited:
May 30, 2020 at 11:31 AM Post #2,289 of 6,287
It is simple statistics. If multiple units that went threw my hands all have the same problems, I do not believe claims of perfect units.

If I get a perfect unit in my hands, then I will only believe that perfect units exist.
Those statistics belong at the level of 'I tossed a coin 5 times, and it was heads each time. Therefore every time I toss a coin in the future, it will also be heads.'

May 30, 2020 at 11:38 AM Post #2,290 of 6,287
Those statistics belong at the level of 'I tossed a coin 5 times, and it was heads each time. Therefore every time I toss a coin in the future, it will also be heads.'

If you buy 5 units and all of them are broken, the product is defective.

I just bought a 2020 13” MacBook Pro. Flawless product. If I buy 4 more units, they will probably be good also.

The 2GO however, all of them are bad.

Last edited:
May 30, 2020 at 11:38 AM Post #2,291 of 6,287
I just experience another faulty experience. Using Mconnect HD for streaming tidal, before have a few times drop-out and even stop playing, but usually can resume normal by restart the apps. Now occurring same drop out / stop playing issue in Tidal, trying few times reset apps, even power cycle the 2go, still have same problem, one time may playing 2 tracks have problem, other time even playing few seconds have problem, then I tried to swap to use Android phone, using MConnect app for streaming Tidal, same problem again after playing a few normal tracks. I have wonder if my wireless network have problem, but when I play Tidal through my Android phone, it streams very smoothly without any drop-out or stop. So am I the lucky half?

May 30, 2020 at 11:41 AM Post #2,292 of 6,287
I just experience another faulty experience. Using Mconnect HD for streaming tidal, before have a few times drop-out and even stop playing, but usually can resume normal by restart the apps. Now occurring same drop out / stop playing issue in Tidal, trying few times reset apps, even power cycle the 2go, still have same problem, one time may playing 2 tracks have problem, other time even playing few seconds have problem, then I tried to swap to use Android phone, using MConnect app for streaming Tidal, same problem again after playing a few normal tracks. I have wonder if my wireless network have problem, but when I play Tidal through my Android phone, it streams very smoothly without any drop-out or stop. So am I the lucky half?

I'm guessing Tidal service is conflicting seeing so many devices logged in? I have the same experience.

May 30, 2020 at 12:03 PM Post #2,293 of 6,287
I'm guessing Tidal service is conflicting seeing so many devices logged in? I have the same experience.
Multi login is a good issue to bring out. There is a login page in GoFigure. Before I login in Tidal in GoFigure. And there is a Tidal item in MConnect also, then I login Tidal in MConnect, and play it quite smooth for a while. Today I experience the streaming issue in Tidal, you just let me thinking about multi login maybe a problem, so just deleted the login in GoFigure, just keeping in MConnect, now playing Tidal again, so far so good, finger cross

Users who are viewing this thread

Back