Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (On or Over Ear Headphones)
Jan 10, 2020 at 10:41 AM Post #5,837 of 7,153
Haha :D

Btw, found review and graph about BH 470:
https://www.headphonecheck.com/test/behringer-bh-470/
9942051_l.png

Seems good and impressions I have read seem to point I do not need to change drivers as they sound good enough.

Will grab 2 pairs (1 for co-worker, he wanted it as soon he saw pic and price lol).
tps_1335_470592_Oktuber126000-470592-1920x1080.jpg

Last edited:
Jan 10, 2020 at 9:32 PM Post #5,839 of 7,153
I would take a look at the Takstar ML 750 if you want on-ear. About $50, and while I don’t think anyone here has them or reviewed them, on the internet I found a positive review of them in Spanish (I read the machine translation).
Tempting. The form-factor is near identical to the MeElectronics HT-21 I'm replacing... Still reading that review in Spanish...

Jan 10, 2020 at 10:11 PM Post #5,840 of 7,153
So, my gf would like bluetooth in her new closed back (for office reasons) headset. I've narrowed it down to the Mixcder E10, the MPOW H12 and the OneOdio Fusion. Do you guys have any experience with these? Or any other recommendations for about $60-70 max?
Interesting that two sets are noise cancelling, but one is not. No strong opinions on that feature?

EDIT:

• E10 review here by Jupit3r. To my eyes, these are the nicest looking of the bunch. "With a premium design, great build quality, decent noise reduction performance, impressive audio, and a battery life that can rival the best of the best, the Mixcder E10 ANC headphones are easy recommendations to anyone who wants a pair of over-the-ear headphones."
  • Found a review of the wired OneOdio Fusion A71 by Alex Rowe on medium.com. Click on his name at the top of the article to read his other headphone reviews and you can see if you agree with his tastes. Cheap plastic build, decent sound, good cords.
  • MPOW H12 reviewed at majorhifi. He notes cheap plastic build but also finds it to be a particularly good ANC for under $50.

Aside: I've tried several pairs of cheap wireless over the years (but never any really great ones) and I find that the reason I normally quite wearing them is that the BT connection drops too frequently for me to enjoy the listening experience. This isn't something I find reviewers ever discuss. It seems like people don't BT headphones over an urban commute? For example, with my XiaoMi Sports headset I cannot put my phone into my pocket and expect that it will maintain a connection with no drops. Even one short gap/drop per minute disturbs my listening experience.

Last edited:
Jan 10, 2020 at 11:06 PM Post #5,841 of 7,153
So, my gf would like bluetooth in her new closed back (for office reasons) headset. I've narrowed it down to the Mixcder E10, the MPOW H12 and the OneOdio Fusion. Do you guys have any experience with these? Or any other recommendations for about $60-70 max?
I have the fusion a7 and the a10 which has noise canceling, the a7 has more prominent and sometimes shouty midrange, rolled off treble, less bass, are very comfortable, get louder, good detail. The a10 is the second I’ve listened to. The first I sent back because it was so muffled. The second pair sounds great, monster bass, sparkly treble, less forward yet very intelligible mids, excellent soundstage, excellent detail, don’t get as loud but loud enough and I’m amazed at the sound quality. Now remember the first pair was garbage, so it might be risky. Both a7 and a10 Bluetooth performance was excellent. The a10 is a little clampy. But lm am totally surprised at how good the a10 sound. Note that my source is iPad, so not having aptX is not a disadvantage. There is also an a9 that has hybrid NC and have read that it rivals Bose for NC, but don’t sound as good as a10 according to them, though are supposed to sound really good. I have other Bluetooth headphones including RBH HP- 1B, and I like the a10 best. I also listen to the a10 with NC off, sounds crisper to me. The NC performs modestly, but unless I’m flying, I don’t need it. My standard is the original Momentum powered by ES100 Bluetooth dongle, and they have more instrument separation, detail and wider soundstage, but the a10 have more sparkle and punchier bass. They compete well.

Jan 10, 2020 at 11:28 PM Post #5,844 of 7,153
My sister bought a very inexpensive pair of MPOW bluetooth on ear headphones.
I haven't listened to them, but she's had them for a while now, and she really like them.
Because they were so cheap, I would bet that they wouldn't provide enough bass for me, plus I prefer over ear headphones.
But she's happy with them, and that's what matters.

Last edited:
Jan 10, 2020 at 11:34 PM Post #5,845 of 7,153
Sorry, I added another choice, the oneodio a10.

Thanks for clarifying. I can find the A10 for just $50 on AE, putting below the Mixcder E10 ($70) and inline with the Mpow ($54).

I was a little concerned that the review I found of the Oneodio Fusion cited cheap build and ears hitting the driver covers due to shallow pads. Any comments on build quality of the A10? I think based on what I've read so far, the key feature that would make me spend the extra $20 for the Mixcder is that they're reported to have a high quality build.

EDIT1: For the pair you returned, who was the vendor? Difficult or easy to exchange?

EDIT2: USB-C is nice.

Last edited:
Jan 10, 2020 at 11:42 PM Post #5,846 of 7,153
Thanks for clarifying. I can find the A10 for just $50 on AE, putting below the Mixcder E10 ($70) and inline with the Mpow ($54).

I was a little concerned that the review I found of the Oneodio Fusion cited cheap build and ears hitting the driver covers due to shallow pads. Any comments on build quality of the A10? I think based on what I've read so far, the key feature that would make me spend the extra $20 for the Mixcder is that they're reported to have a high quality build.

Also: For the pair you returned, who was the vendor? Difficult or easy to exchange?
Amazon was the vender, easy return, yeah the plastic seams thin especially on the a7, the a10 seams more robust, but chrome paint is fingerprint magnet. My ears fit in everything so I’m not a good judge of fit. Never handle a Mixcder, so I cannot compare them.

Jan 11, 2020 at 10:08 AM Post #5,847 of 7,153
Jan 11, 2020 at 2:11 PM Post #5,848 of 7,153
Bought the Marantz MPH-2 a couple of days ago from Visions (they had a neat sale for $58 CDN). Loving how spacious they sound. I saw discussions of a mod for them (and their clones) about removing the lock for the cables in the headphones so they may be used with any 3.5mm cable? Is anyone willing to share more details please?

Jan 11, 2020 at 2:40 PM Post #5,849 of 7,153
Bought the Marantz MPH-2 a couple of days ago from Visions (they had a neat sale for $58 CDN). Loving how spacious they sound. I saw discussions of a mod for them (and their clones) about removing the lock for the cables in the headphones so they may be used with any 3.5mm cable? Is anyone willing to share more details please?
I don't remember much about the mod.
I do know that this cable is very nice and works:
https://www.v-moda.com/us/en/products/audio-only-cable
It comes in different colors, and black is longer than the other colors.

Jan 11, 2020 at 5:00 PM Post #5,850 of 7,153

I don't remember much about the mod.
I do know that this cable is very nice and works:
https://www.v-moda.com/us/en/products/audio-only-cable
It comes in different colors, and black is longer than the other colors.

Yes, as long as the plug is skinny enough to go in and click. I can't get the V Moda one here (Amazon UK used to stock it for 2 or three times the price but now they only have the one with a mic. Cables with mics don't play well with certain of my DAPs.

I have been wanting a different cabe for mine. People in the Bang & Olufsen thread used to recommend the V Moda but I found another here that I am using on my H6 which also needs a very thin plug. I have just inserted that cable into my Neewer (one of the MPH2 clones) and am attaching photos of it plugged into the H6 and into the Neewer. I found another cable that is similar on Amazon and have ordered that one for my Neewer. It will arrive tomorrow and I will report back.

The one I have now... 5 color choices https://www.amazon.co.uk/Belkin-Pre...r_1_9?keywords=h6+cable&qid=1578779545&sr=8-9

R0016241.JPG

You can see it goes farther into the Neewer. It bypasses the lock thingie..

R0016248.JPG

This is the one I have coming tomorrow. Seems similar but a little cheaper and I think I will like the looks of it with the Neewer.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07179VKMJ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I had another cable here that looks thin enough but it did not click into place.... so it is just a tiny bit thicker. I can use it with others like my Thinksound or my NAD.
714CW4-v8yL._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back