Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (On or Over Ear Headphones)
Jun 17, 2019 at 5:34 PM Post #5,536 of 7,153
Hi guys! Are any of these headphones mid-focused? I'm looking for something closed and close to $50 from aliexpress. I looked at the B8, ISK headphones and they all seem either bass heavy, V-shaped or U-shaped. Any ideas?

Msur N350 was quite "midrangey" to my ears if I can trust my memories, or at least their midrange was quite forward feeling. Almost too in-your-face at times.

Last edited:
Jun 17, 2019 at 6:20 PM Post #5,537 of 7,153
I think they are somewhere between Jesus and Keanu Reeves.
Takstar pro 82 v1 had a treble spike, that was removed in v2: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/tak...scussion-thread.849965/page-122#post-14197897
Poorly mastered/recorded/compressed sounded just as bad as they were mastered/recorded/compressed.
Pro 82 v2 is more forgiving

Never had any Sivgas, they probably are a re-badge of Bosshifi.
I have Bosshifif B6 and B7 too - they are poor sounding compared to B8.

Your review makes the B8 sound so good but the Takstars sound like the better all-round headphones so I think I will just go with my first choice and get those, even if everyone has them now.

Msur N350 was quite "midrangey" to my ears if I can trust my memories, or at least their midrange was quite forward feeling. Almost too in-your-face at times.

Goddamn it. Just as I write my reply I check out the N350s (checked reviews for the N650s but not the N350 yesterday) and they also look great, especially with the mahogany-esque finish. Did you end up getting rid of them?

Jun 17, 2019 at 6:51 PM Post #5,538 of 7,153
Your review makes the B8 sound so good but the Takstars sound like the better all-round headphones so I think I will just go with my first choice and get those, even if everyone has them now.

Goddamn it. Just as I write my reply I check out the N350s (checked reviews for the N650s but not the N350 yesterday) and they also look great, especially with the mahogany-esque finish. Did you end up getting rid of them?

Yeah I sold them quite long time ago. They were very good for the price I paid them (about 50€/$60) even if they had little too much bass for my liking but I wasnt really used to bassy headphones back in the day, it would be interesting to try out them again and see if I have changed my mind because my bass tolerance has increased quite a bit since. But they are definitely worth trying.

I cant think many other mid-oriented chi-fi cans, some OKCSC-headphones are supposedly Grado-ripoffs and probably fit to that category pretty well but I cant say anything reliable about them.

Last edited:
Jun 17, 2019 at 7:04 PM Post #5,539 of 7,153
Yeah I sold them quite long time ago. They were very good for the price I paid them (about 50€/$60) even if they had little too much bass for my liking but I wasnt really used to bassy headphones back in the day, it would be interesting to try out them again and see if I have changed my mind because my bass tolerance has increased quite a bit since. But they are definitely worth trying.

I cant think many other mid-oriented chi-fi cans, some OKCSC-headphones are supposedly Grado-ripoffs which fit to that category pretty well but I cant say anything reliable about them.

I've got my Denon AH-D1100 as my bass headphones. Sometimes it's fun, sometimes it completely butchers a recording. I would prefer something (more) balanced to complement them. I'll do some more research on the Msurs and see what else comes up, if anything. I'm not against getting two or three pairs of different headphones, but there comes a point where three decent headphones could have been one very good one instead.

Jun 19, 2019 at 5:30 AM Post #5,540 of 7,153
Screenshot_20190617-164918_Files.jpg

I just got this Tecsun HP-300 300ohm headphones. One word " Mega Value". It dethrone its little brother Tecsun Grassroot (resolutions, soundstage and imaging ). With better material and comfort.

I will deregulate the grassroot to portable listening. Oh yeah, the casing is beautiful.

Jun 19, 2019 at 6:46 AM Post #5,541 of 7,153

I just got this Tecsun HP-300 300ohm headphones. One word " Mega Value". It dethrone its little brother Tecsun Grassroot (resolutions, soundstage and imaging ). With better material and comfort.

I will deregulate the grassroot to portable listening. Oh yeah, the casing is beautiful.

Link? Price?

Jun 19, 2019 at 8:07 AM Post #5,542 of 7,153
Link? Price?

Someone I knew got it for me directly in Tecsun HQ in China. Its retailing renmibi$1500 in Tabao , ar US$220.

Ok, now I have chifi trifecta. Denafrips Ares/ Gustard H20 and this Tecsun.
20190619_182131.jpg

Compared . Thronced my Fostex big time including the low frequency. :)

Jun 19, 2019 at 8:45 AM Post #5,543 of 7,153
Yeah, that Tecsun HP-300 doesn't seem to be available anywhere yet.... but looks interesting! I've always been curious about their previous model.

Jun 19, 2019 at 8:53 AM Post #5,544 of 7,153
So.... anyone heard about this? Looks like it might be a new OKCSC (judging from the "Soul of Freedom" branding) open-back, reminiscent of the ZX1, but with detachable cables and supposedly graphene drivers, 50 mm.

I could find nothing about this online, not even from the OKCSC "official" (?) AliExpress store, but stumbled upon on eBay from the same seller who sells an IEM I just bought. Here's the eBay link for these:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Retro-styl...phene-made-micro-fiber-diaphragm/232969153974

Soul Of Freedom ls-l1600.jpg soul of freedom biggie-l1600.jpg soul detachable-l1600.jpg

Jun 19, 2019 at 5:16 PM Post #5,545 of 7,153
So.... anyone heard about this? Looks like it might be a new OKCSC (judging from the "Soul of Freedom" branding) open-back, reminiscent of the ZX1, but with detachable cables and supposedly graphene drivers, 50 mm.

I could find nothing about this online, not even from the OKCSC "official" (?) AliExpress store, but stumbled upon on eBay from the same seller who sells an IEM I just bought. Here's the eBay link for these:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Retro-styl...phene-made-micro-fiber-diaphragm/232969153974

Definitely looks like a hobby project. Then again, so does the original ZX1. :D

Jun 19, 2019 at 8:05 PM Post #5,546 of 7,153
Jun 19, 2019 at 9:02 PM Post #5,547 of 7,153

Yeah, those are very DIY-looking as well... I saw those, too, again those, too, look kind of like the OKCSC ZX1 ... and these are priced a lot lower than the ones I linked, but looks like these have permanently attached cables like the ZX1 and a smaller driver (40 mm) than both the one I linked (50 mm) and the ZX1 (57 mm).

All curious! :)

Jun 22, 2019 at 7:32 PM Post #5,549 of 7,153
Thanks for the reply! I already have the Takstars in my wishlist and I like the look of them. Some people complain of unnatural treble, which puts me off. Other people think they're better than Jesus so I'm not sure. I will consider both the B8 and the pro 82 and see what I decide. Thanks for the voucher link as well.

Are Sivgas worth the extra money over the other two you've listed?

Jesus wasn't exactly renowned for treble...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back