Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (On or Over Ear Headphones)
Nov 3, 2018 at 10:07 PM Post #4,831 of 7,153
The fact that they list the prices beforehand is nice. For example, the ZX1 price is higher now than it was when I got one, but the 11.11 price of $59.82 is less than I paid. Not by a whole lot, but a few bucks off doesn't hurt...

I might do that on 11.11 even if the price is a buck cheaper than normalish. But to illustrate how BAD their 11.11 deals typically are, I recently bought these.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/ALL...HM5-AKG-Q701-Large-Over-head/32920230954.html

They were listed as 3.50ish and 3.24 ish after coupon when buying 4 pairs or more. I bought 4 pairs. With with shipping that brought the total to around $13ish. They are now over $4 and still over $4 on the 11.11 celebration sale day. I can list more like that but the point being that 11.11 is not the day of typical good deals at all. It's the day they pretend to be doing a "discount" but in reality charge more than the normal prices. I've seen it far too often now over the years off that website. Which is why I don't typically buy anything on that day. Haven't seen a "deal" worth it. Even if the ZX1 are a buck or two cheaper, I still dislike the fact that they increased the price before hand just to drop it on their "sale" day to near where it was before.

Last edited:
Nov 6, 2018 at 9:54 PM Post #4,833 of 7,153
my yenonas finally crapped out and lasted longer for the use I imagined. Time for some new cheap ones, ISK HP-580 looks ok for 25$ shipped.

If you are in the US, you can buy pretty close to that the Talent SMH580 $20+& for shipping. I was wondering who was the OE for them because they look a tad different then the superlux versions.
https://www.parts-express.com/talent-smh580-semi-open-back-studio-headphones--233-350

THere is also stellar labs HO-5960 $20+shipping
https://www.newark.com/stellar-labs/ho-5960/full-size-dj-headphones/dp/52W8580

They all look like clones, no experience with them.

Nov 6, 2018 at 10:18 PM Post #4,834 of 7,153
So having been listening to the OKCSC D3 (ba+dd) for the last fortnight religiously and practically nothing else, I found other OKCSC products in the M2 and ZX1 being sold on Amazon. I've been looking thru this thread at the reviews and can't decide whether just to buy the M2 which looks awesome... or just buy both lol. I have read a few comparing it to Grado sr60/80 but not sure if that's just cos of the build or the sound??? I will admit to not being a fan of the Grado sound... far too aggressive for me.

I just got the NEWEER NW9000 and even though I like it... it is just ever so slightly brighter than my limits. It's still an awesome headphone though for £30 and i can see why it's recommended so much (under it's many names lol). It does sound awesome with movies. With the right DAC/AMP I can see them growing on me in time. The pads are awesome for this price.

I bought the LASMEX C45 from eBay and they sent me the bluetooth model the HB65 by mistake... rage! C45 gets good reviews for it's £20 price. Can't find much on them on Head Fi though

Nov 6, 2018 at 10:26 PM Post #4,835 of 7,153
So having been listening to the OKCSC D3 (ba+dd) for the last fortnight religiously and practically nothing else, I found other OKCSC products in the M2 and ZX1 being sold on Amazon. I've been looking thru this thread at the reviews and can't decide whether just to buy the M2 which looks awesome... or just buy both lol. I have read a few comparing it to Grado sr60/80 but not sure if that's just cos of the build or the sound??? I will admit to not being a fan of the Grado sound... far too aggressive for me.

I just got the NEWEER NW9000 and even though I like it... it is just ever so slightly brighter than my limits. It's still an awesome headphone though for £30 and i can see why it's recommended so much (under it's many names lol). It does sound awesome with movies. With the right DAC/AMP I can see them growing on me in time. The pads are awesome for this price.

I bought the LASMEX C45 from eBay and they sent me the bluetooth model the HB65 by mistake... rage! C45 gets good reviews for it's £20 price. Can't find much on them on Head Fi though

NEWEER NW9000 is brighter than your limits? That's surprising. It's obviously one of the >1/2 dozen clones of the ISK MDH9000. I've heard 3 samples of 2 of them (1 X LyxPro HAS-30 & 2 X Marantz MPH-2). They all sounded the same, and brightness was definitely not a label I'd use for them. No idea why you would hear brightness in one of these clones. DAC? Amp? Or maybe you're even more treble-averse than me...I don't run into that very often.

BTW, your list of IEMs & headphones is truly epic!

Nov 6, 2018 at 10:27 PM Post #4,836 of 7,153

Well, the C45 does look like the HB65 :-/ Guessing they are tuned differently?

Nov 7, 2018 at 1:58 AM Post #4,837 of 7,153
NEWEER NW9000 is brighter than your limits? That's surprising. It's obviously one of the >1/2 dozen clones of the ISK MDH9000. I've heard 3 samples of 2 of them (1 X LyxPro HAS-30 & 2 X Marantz MPH-2). They all sounded the same, and brightness was definitely not a label I'd use for them. No idea why you would hear brightness in one of these clones. DAC? Amp? Or maybe you're even more treble-averse than me...I don't run into that very often.

BTW, your list of IEMs & headphones is truly epic!

Yeah, I'd have to agree with this. My Marantz version I wouldn't call bright. Assuming the Neweer sounds like the rest of the ISK clones, the ZX1 is considerably brighter to my ears so you might not want that.

Nov 7, 2018 at 9:51 AM Post #4,838 of 7,153
I just got the NEWEER NW9000 and even though I like it... it is just ever so slightly brighter than my limits

My NW9000 is also very new but I have burned it in for several days. I would not call mine overly bright. My ZX1 is definitely brighter and airier. Some of that is probably the difference between open and closed. I love them both for different, reasons.

If you do buy the ZX1 do it on 11:11 when the price drops for that day.

Last edited:
Nov 7, 2018 at 9:57 AM Post #4,839 of 7,153
My NW9000 is also very new but I have burned it in for several days. I would not call mine overly bright. My ZX1 is definitely brighter and airier. Some of that is probably the difference between open and closed. I love them both for different, reasons.

If you do buy the ZX1 do it on 11:11 when the price drops for that day.

11.11 price is about what you paid for it, correct? Price has gone up as I recall....

Nov 7, 2018 at 10:05 AM Post #4,840 of 7,153
11.11 price is about what you paid for it, correct? Price has gone up as I recall....

I think my ZX1 was $66 or $68 when we ordered...paid in pounds and it has been awhile so not sure. That was an introductory sale price. I think the suggested retail has remained the same. The $59 on 11:11 is a good deal.

They are not playing the games that some sellers do, imo.

Edit...when I said my ZX1 was brighter than my NW9000 I did not mean to imply it is bass light. The bass quality is incredible and quantity is what it should be for whatever the music calls for..to my ears.

Last edited:
Nov 7, 2018 at 10:17 AM Post #4,841 of 7,153
I think my ZX1 was $66 or $68 when we ordered...paid in pounds and it has been awhile so not sure. That was an introductory sale price. I think the suggested retail has remained the same. The $59 on 11:11 is a good deal.

They are not playing the games that some sellers do, imo.

Edit...when I said my ZX1 was brighter than my NW9000 I did not mean to imply it is bass light. The bass quality is incredible and quality is what is should be for whatever the music calls for..to my ears.

$59 is an attractive price indeed for the ZX1!

Nov 7, 2018 at 11:17 AM Post #4,842 of 7,153
If you are in the US, you can buy pretty close to that the Talent SMH580 $20+& for shipping. I was wondering who was the OE for them because they look a tad different then the superlux versions.
https://www.parts-express.com/talent-smh580-semi-open-back-studio-headphones--233-350

in Europe..so ali with free shipping is the best. Tired of braking more expensive headphones on trips

Nov 7, 2018 at 2:36 PM Post #4,844 of 7,153
in Europe..so ali with free shipping is the best. Tired of braking more expensive headphones on trips

I have purchased the Stellar Labs versions of both the closed and open back models. I can assure you that they produce excellent sound, are lightweight and comfortable. I did upgrade the ear pads on the closed back model with the LyxPro HAS-30 pads and I don't regret it. That further improved the comfort and sound (more sub bass). I am still swapping ear pads on the open back model.

Nov 7, 2018 at 2:52 PM Post #4,845 of 7,153
I'm learning how to do measurements and since marantz mhp2 and clones were mentioned once again here is fq response I measured from my isk mhd9000. I't might not be perfectly accurate since I'm just learning all the tricks. But yeah... I thought we could use more measurements in this thread :) mph.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back