Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (On or Over Ear Headphones)
Nov 1, 2018 at 11:12 PM Post #4,816 of 7,153
Nov 1, 2018 at 11:27 PM Post #4,817 of 7,153
Thanks for the replies!
I'm going to check out the ISK clones right now.
By the way, I think the nickname slaterlovesspam is hilarious because everyone hates spam so much.

haha, that original screen name was based on my "junk" email address. Anytime I need a "junk" email address that I KNOW will result in massive spam and mailing lists, I provide that email address. All online shopping, gym memberships, discount cards at grocery stores, etc. My real email address gets ZERO spam, because I only give it to friends and family. The "lovesspam" part of the name was kind of my way to throw it back into some store's face when they ask for my email address, because we all KNEW it would sign me up for unwanted marketing emails.

So for example:

Store person: "Hello sir, would you like to get a 30% discount off your purchase today by signing up for our VIP member's club?"
Me: "Sure."
Store person: "All I need is your email address".
Me: "This won't sign me up for any mailing list spam now will it?"
Store person: "oh no sir, we NEVER share your information to anyone"
Me (rolling eyes): "ok, sound great. Go ahead and use my special VIP email address, which is slaterlovesspam@blahblah.com"

Anyways, definitely check out the ISK clones. They are awesome! The only weekness of ALL the clones is the hinges. Besides being plastic, the earcups fold up. The problem is they only fold about 90% and stop (by design). If you try and fold them up that last little bit (not knowing they don't fold all the way), the hinges flex and snap like a twig. There's numerous examples of this on Amazon reviews.

(click for larger view)
50X_Collage.png

Nov 2, 2018 at 5:05 AM Post #4,818 of 7,153
The 11.11 deals are meh usually. Most of the time the vendors raise prices before hand just to put them on "sale" at the previous prices they've always had them or close enough to that. I have yet to actually get anything from their 11.11 deals in years for that reason.

Nov 2, 2018 at 8:18 AM Post #4,819 of 7,153
@Dadbeh I meant to get back to you in the Nighthawk thread when you asked me ot compare the ZX1 to them. I actually tried to compare but could not. The signatures are too different and yet each great in their own way. However trying to a/b them just made them both sound "wrong." Too much of a sudden change going back and forth. It took a couple of songs to settle back into the sound of whichever one was on my head. Hope that makes sense. Trying to do something like that just ruins the music enjoyment which to me is the whole purpose of listening:) I end up just getting lost in the music at some point and forget to compare.

If you type ZX1 you will find many posts including this one where I posted a photo. Just down the page from that you will find the first impression written by @HungryPanda .

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/chi...-ear-headphones.822184/page-299#post-14526354

Just skim the pages from there and you will see other impressions as others received theirs. @Bartig had a great reaction:)

...and there is this comment made just a couple of hours before your question (on the same page in fact)

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/chi...-ear-headphones.822184/page-321#post-14573679

If you just type ZX1 in the little search bar under the thread title you will find other posts but it is easier to just skim through the recent pages.

At first we did not know the model number because it was not included on the sellers page. It is now, but before we knew the talk starts here. It was pretty entertaining:)

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/chi...-ear-headphones.822184/page-294#post-14501171

Since then several members have ordered them but not sure of how many have them yet.

Nov 2, 2018 at 8:38 AM Post #4,820 of 7,153
Wow, a new ISK clone! The Neewer NW-9000, eh?

I have never seen a headphone that was so prolific! That's because it's so good!

I finally had to break down and get one in the house:) Panda has not heard it yet. I just did a search to see when it was first mentioned. June of this year:

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/chi...-ear-headphones.822184/page-270#post-14318104

Anyways, definitely check out the ISK clones. They are awesome! The only weekness of ALL the clones is the hinges. Besides being plastic, the earcups fold up. The problem is they only fold about 90% and stop (by design). If you try and fold them up that last little bit (not knowing they don't fold all the way), the hinges flex and snap like a twig. There's numerous examples of this on Amazon reviews.

I have no plans to fold mine up at all. I really don't like folding up any headphone because of that worry.

Nov 2, 2018 at 10:19 AM Post #4,821 of 7,153
The 11.11 deals are meh usually. Most of the time the vendors raise prices before hand just to put them on "sale" at the previous prices they've always had them or close enough to that. I have yet to actually get anything from their 11.11 deals in years for that reason.

The fact that they list the prices beforehand is nice. For example, the ZX1 price is higher now than it was when I got one, but the 11.11 price of $59.82 is less than I paid. Not by a whole lot, but a few bucks off doesn't hurt...

Nov 2, 2018 at 10:23 AM Post #4,822 of 7,153
Wow, a new ISK clone! The Neewer NW-9000, eh?

I have never seen a headphone that was so prolific! That's because it's so good!

These headphones lay around in the warehouse, waiting to get shipped. They're bored...fantasizing...and before you know it, they're hooking up like crazy. Then they have to name the baby something. Voila! A new ISK MDH9000 clone...

Nov 2, 2018 at 10:51 AM Post #4,823 of 7,153
The Neewer NW-9000 pads look the same as the ones on the Marantz, so that's good. For $46 on Amazon they're a heckuva headphone.

I do wonder if it would open them up a bit to have some perforated leather pads. Anyone ever try?

Nov 2, 2018 at 11:06 AM Post #4,824 of 7,153
The Neewer NW-9000 pads look the same as the ones on the Marantz, so that's good. For $46 on Amazon they're a heckuva headphone.

I do wonder if it would open them up a bit to have some perforated leather pads. Anyone ever try?

The pads are very comfortable. I am ok with them being a closed headphone. I have burned mine in for at least 100 hours by now. Maybe 200. I never know if something changes. I do it because it feels like a headfi "rule."

Nov 2, 2018 at 12:55 PM Post #4,825 of 7,153
These cans are legendary for closed budget ChiFis

Oh, I think I'll get them sooner or later. Could you advise some more legendary ChiFi headphones (wired or Bluetooth) everyone should listen to. I already had Takstar pro 82 and I like them. But actually I would like to have some more emphasis on bass. Bosshifi? Msur? Superlux?

Nov 2, 2018 at 1:06 PM Post #4,826 of 7,153
Oh, I think I'll get them sooner or later. Could you advise some more legendary ChiFi headphones (wired or Bluetooth) everyone should listen to. I already had Takstar pro 82 and I like them. But actually I would like to have some more emphasis on bass. Bosshifi? Msur? Superlux?

Besides the ISK clones, 2 that you might want to give a try (given your requirement of bass), would be the Superlux 681 EVO (small budget) and 1More H1707 (bigger budget).

There are many other options though. I own or have heard a miniscule fraction of what's available. Hopefully others will have some good suggestions for you as well.

BTW, what is your budget? And are you using a phone as a source or using an amp too? That would be helpful info to know, as there is everything available from mild to wild, from $30 cans you can drive from your phone all the way to multi-thousand dollar ChiFI planars they need an amp.

Last edited:
Nov 2, 2018 at 1:40 PM Post #4,827 of 7,153

I can give my recommendation for Msur N650, ive had them for a while now and they sound fantastic. :thumbsup:I prefer them over all other chi-fis ive owned/tried so far, including Pro 82.

Nov 2, 2018 at 1:44 PM Post #4,828 of 7,153
@Dadbeh I meant to get back to you in the Nighthawk thread when you asked me ot compare the ZX1 to them. I actually tried to compare but could not. The signatures are too different and yet each great in their own way. However trying to a/b them just made them both sound "wrong." Too much of a sudden change going back and forth. It took a couple of songs to settle back into the sound of whichever one was on my head. Hope that makes sense. Trying to do something like that just ruins the music enjoyment which to me is the whole purpose of listening:) I end up just getting lost in the music at some point and forget to compare.

If you type ZX1 you will find many posts including this one where I posted a photo. Just down the page from that you will find the first impression written by @HungryPanda .

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/chi...-ear-headphones.822184/page-299#post-14526354

Just skim the pages from there and you will see other impressions as others received theirs. @Bartig had a great reaction:)

...and there is this comment made just a couple of hours before your question (on the same page in fact)

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/chi...-ear-headphones.822184/page-321#post-14573679

If you just type ZX1 in the little search bar under the thread title you will find other posts but it is easier to just skim through the recent pages.

At first we did not know the model number because it was not included on the sellers page. It is now, but before we knew the talk starts here. It was pretty entertaining:)

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/chi...-ear-headphones.822184/page-294#post-14501171

Since then several members have ordered them but not sure of how many have them yet.

thanks man thats great. unlike many others i think that they look awesome.

Nov 2, 2018 at 4:25 PM Post #4,829 of 7,153
I can give my recommendation for Msur N650, ive had them for a while now and they sound fantastic. :thumbsup:I prefer them over all other chi-fis ive owned/tried so far, including Pro 82.
Thanks. But could you tell about bass? I think I’m a bit basshead.

Besides the ISK clones, 2 that you might want to give a try (given your requirement of bass), would be the Superlux 681 EVO (small budget) and 1More H1707 (bigger budget).
Thank you for suggestion. Yes I’m thinking about Superlux 662 Evo a closed cousin of 681. But unfortunately there are not many owners here...

BTW, what is your budget? And are you using a phone as a source or using an amp too? That would be helpful info to know, as there is everything available from mild to wild, from $30 cans you can drive from your phone all the way to multi-thousand dollar ChiFI planars they need an amp.
Well there is no budget. But I think that spending more than 200$ for headphones you haven’t heard is irrational. Wired headphones I use only with computer equipped with basic DAC/amp Fiio E10K. It seems that it’s not good enough for planars.:smiley:
Actually I’m looking for two pairs. Besides wired I need replacement for my Bluedio T3 (more neutral and detailed) which I use with my phone.

Nov 2, 2018 at 4:42 PM Post #4,830 of 7,153
Thanks. But could you tell about bass? I think I’m a bit basshead.

I dont have both on hand at the moment so i cant do direct comparison to make sure but im pretty sure that N650 does pack significantly more bass overall. Stronger midbass emphasis and rumble in the sub-bass area. Theyre not quite as bassy as lets say my D2000 but pretty close to that, definitely a bass heavy headphone.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back