Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (On or Over Ear Headphones)
May 25, 2018 at 3:41 PM Post #3,736 of 7,153
May 25, 2018 at 3:55 PM Post #3,737 of 7,153
I recently spoke to a rep from Senitek and they have discontinued production on their 'universal fit' (for lack of a better description) pads.
I personally am pretty disappointed in this because I don't know of a better hybrid pad for the price. They were less than half the price of the Brainwavz version and the quality was 90% as good initially...and honestly, they seem to be keeping their shape better than the HM5 pads.
I wonder if there is a way to encourage them to continue production or to get some kind of a Massdrop group buy together?

May 25, 2018 at 4:04 PM Post #3,738 of 7,153
Any chance of he providing the list of mods made (or if he's so kind, a tutorial)?

These are the mods @Slater made to the Akai Professional 50X' I'm listening to right now (prepping for review of his mod vs the stock HP):

- Bullet-proofed hinges
- Replaced stock locking 3.5mm jack w/universal flush mounted 3.5mm jack
- Converted cups from closed to open
- Opened front driver grille holes
- Tuned front cup face ports
- Coated inside of cups with rubber dampening compound
- Stacked N52 magnet on drivers
- Resoldered all connections with silver solder
- Burn-in (150 hours)
- Installed baffling inside of cups
- Installed LyxPro HAS-30 pads
- Tuned stock driver​

I believe his primary interest is modding these headphones for interested parties. I doubt tutorials are on his mind, but he can reply to that better than I.

May 25, 2018 at 4:05 PM Post #3,739 of 7,153
There's a new Astrotec named Delphinus 5 coming along... Now if only it would be as amazing as AM850, Astrotec really makes good IEMs :)

DeDRzFkVQAABLQU.jpg:large

May 25, 2018 at 4:31 PM Post #3,740 of 7,153
There's a new Astrotec named Delphinus 5 coming along... Now if only it would be as amazing as AM850, Astrotec really makes good IEMs :)

DeDRzFkVQAABLQU.jpg:large
Wrong thread bro, c'mon.

May 25, 2018 at 4:49 PM Post #3,742 of 7,153
May 25, 2018 at 5:11 PM Post #3,744 of 7,153
May 25, 2018 at 6:28 PM Post #3,747 of 7,153
I've no affiliation, I was looking for somebody who knows more to let me in on some information, otherwise I probably would be posting my own photos, no? :)
Defensive much? I didn't say you were affiliated, just that you posted promotional material in the wrong thread...

May 25, 2018 at 7:05 PM Post #3,748 of 7,153
Any chance of he providing the list of mods made (or if he's so kind, a tutorial)?

These are the mods @Slater made to the Akai Professional 50X' I'm listening to right now (prepping for review of his mod vs the stock HP):

- Bullet-proofed hinges
- Replaced stock locking 3.5mm jack w/universal flush mounted 3.5mm jack
- Converted cups from closed to open
- Opened front driver grille holes
- Tuned front cup face ports
- Coated inside of cups with rubber dampening compound
- Stacked N52 magnet on drivers
- Resoldered all connections with silver solder
- Burn-in (150 hours)
- Installed baffling inside of cups
- Installed LyxPro HAS-30 pads
- Tuned stock driver​

I believe his primary interest is modding these headphones for interested parties. I doubt tutorials are on his mind, but he can reply to that better than I.

All in due time. The mod collective thread has the bare bone basics, but @Parmaboy's is on another level altogether! There's even more stuff beyond the above list...

I've gone from Honda Accord (stock) to Porsche 911 (mod collective version) to Koenigsegg CCXR (Pharmaboy version).

We're still getting everything dialed in to the last Nth degree, so stay tuned. There is even a balanced version in the works :)

As a teaser, here's the flush mounted jack (which allows the use of literally any cable):

3.JPG

Last edited:
May 25, 2018 at 7:28 PM Post #3,749 of 7,153
May 25, 2018 at 7:32 PM Post #3,750 of 7,153

Users who are viewing this thread

Back