1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (On or Over Ear Headphones)

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by slowpickr, Oct 5, 2016.
First

Back
239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248
250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259
Next

Last
  1. Lurk650
    Briefly listened to the Yenona last night. Compared to the HAS30:

Less sub bass, maybe slightly more impact
    Mids recessed but ok
    Treble is a bit more sharp

Overall, less clarity, less detailed, less wide, less open sounding. The HAS-30 the sounds seems to float in an open space with a dark background.

Couple notes, the HAS-30 has Sheepskin Round Brainwavz pads and a VModa cable. The Yenona has stock pads but stock cable broke so I'm using a 6.3 to 3.5 adapter with a 3.5 Anker cable.

Markolav, peter123 and trellus like this.
  2. trellus
    I know the BossHifi B7 aka SIVGA SV005 has been mentioned before in this thread...

...but I've know found another variant of this, apparently a Kinden variant that doesn't seem to have a model name specifically, it's just listed in Amazon as

Over-ear Music Headset - Genuine Wood Premium High Definition Noise Cancelling HIFI for Computer iPhone iPad Cell Phones Laptop - KINDEN (Black)
    https://www.amazon.com/Over-ear-Music-Headset-Definition-Cancelling/dp/B01FLUTPFO/

Thing is, it's $44.99 and calling my name, lol... while the SIVGA SV005 that I think is identical is $89.99 on Amazon....

...so I'm wondering if anyone has bought this Kinden variant of the SV005 before?

I recall that others have said that the Kinden variant of the BossHifi B8 is not tuned the same as the B8, and I'm thinking, maybe these Kinden people always tune theirs differently...:smirk:

Screenshot 2018-05-17 09.37.04.png

YCHANGE likes this.
  3. Humblepie
    The pictures show the older stock of B7's with those Kinden's. The earpad is different with an oval shape. The newer revision has a rounder and larger opening in the earpad. Much better comfort and slightly better sounding as well. Still for $45 that isn't a bad price.

trellus likes this.
  4. trellus
    Thanks, I hadn't noticed that detail... I have the SIVGA SV007 and they have the round pad openings instead of oval, and they're pretty comfortable, so I'm guessing that these cheaper Kindens are cheaper because of that oval inside of the earned. :frowning2:

5. Markolav
    Thanks, sounds like MDH9000 is a a huge jump from Oneodios.

Im probably going to order the original MDH9000 because its cheapest and easiest option to get.

Last edited: May 17, 2018
  6. Lurk650
    Has anybody opened up their Yenona? I don't mod stuff but thought it might be a fun one to mess with. Took off the pads and the 3 screws that are on the face plate are super tiny so I don't have a screw driver for that (eyeglass repair kit possibly?) and one even looks stripped :frowning2:

7. Lurk650
    I wouldn't say huge, I'd say there is enough difference to declare the HAS-30 better. Of course, all IMO. When listening this morning certain males vocals were "ear piercing"/sibilant, that's one of the reasons I sold off my Lyra II the other day.

8. ViniSavordelli
    I tried opening mine, and i can only open the left side, the right one the screws are stuck and they degraded when i tried to unscrew. When i have more time i will open the left cup again and see if it safe to breake the screw with a drill or something.

Lurk650 likes this.
  9. Cruelhand Luke
    A trick to getting a recalcitrant screw to loosen: instead of putting as much force as possible in one big push you sort of chip away at it, if that makes sense? Instead of one big TURN you come at it like turnturnturnturn. You're less likely to strip it and for most screws it eventually gives.

groucho69 likes this.
  10. Slater
    Also, try putting pressure on the head of the screw in the axial direction (ie vertical).

So for example, gently pry where the cups separate using a dull butter knife or large flat head screwdriver, in order to keep pressure on the head of the screw while you are turning the screw. And as the screw backs out, keep pressure on the head of the screw by continuing to pry on the ear cup.

This link shows the basic idea, although that guy is using a utility razor blade to keep pressure on the head of the screw (where you would want to use the face of the headphone cup to keep pressure on the head of the screw by prying with a dull butter knife or large flat head screwdriver.

http://www.aconcordcarpenter.com/how-to-remove-a-spinning-screw.html

Pharmaboy likes this.
  11. Markolav
    I just placed an order on Aliexpress, 50€ including carrying case and other accessories. One seller had slightly cheaper Freeboss-rebrand on stock not long time ago but they are not available anymore. Looking forward to try these.

12. Lurk650
    Well, the tiny screws are impossible to remove on the Yenona so I just swapped stock pads for the stock pads from the LyxPro HAS-30. Improves clarity since the there isn't a thick piece of cloth blocking the audio from the driver. Vocals can still get a bit hot but its nothing terrible. The headband on these is terrible though. If anybody wants to take a shot at modding mine, possibly even openback, lmk.

13. Markolav
    I just carefully scratched the foam off from the stock pads, worked for me (or maybe just placebo, i dont know).

14. Lurk650
    I'm sure that can work too. I had the HAS30 pads laying around and they are also only like $10 on Amazon I think

15. kevinmaccioly
    Any chance of he providing the list of mods made (or if he's so kind, a tutorial)?

First

Back
239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248
250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259
Next

Last