Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (On or Over Ear Headphones)
May 17, 2018 at 10:32 AM Post #3,721 of 7,153
Briefly listened to the Yenona last night. Compared to the HAS30:

Less sub bass, maybe slightly more impact
Mids recessed but ok
Treble is a bit more sharp

Overall, less clarity, less detailed, less wide, less open sounding. The HAS-30 the sounds seems to float in an open space with a dark background.

Couple notes, the HAS-30 has Sheepskin Round Brainwavz pads and a VModa cable. The Yenona has stock pads but stock cable broke so I'm using a 6.3 to 3.5 adapter with a 3.5 Anker cable.

May 17, 2018 at 10:45 AM Post #3,722 of 7,153
I know the BossHifi B7 aka SIVGA SV005 has been mentioned before in this thread...

...but I've know found another variant of this, apparently a Kinden variant that doesn't seem to have a model name specifically, it's just listed in Amazon as

Over-ear Music Headset - Genuine Wood Premium High Definition Noise Cancelling HIFI for Computer iPhone iPad Cell Phones Laptop - KINDEN (Black)
https://www.amazon.com/Over-ear-Music-Headset-Definition-Cancelling/dp/B01FLUTPFO/

Thing is, it's $44.99 and calling my name, lol... while the SIVGA SV005 that I think is identical is $89.99 on Amazon....

...so I'm wondering if anyone has bought this Kinden variant of the SV005 before?

I recall that others have said that the Kinden variant of the BossHifi B8 is not tuned the same as the B8, and I'm thinking, maybe these Kinden people always tune theirs differently...:smirk:

Screenshot 2018-05-17 09.37.04.png

May 17, 2018 at 11:42 AM Post #3,723 of 7,153
The pictures show the older stock of B7's with those Kinden's. The earpad is different with an oval shape. The newer revision has a rounder and larger opening in the earpad. Much better comfort and slightly better sounding as well. Still for $45 that isn't a bad price.

May 17, 2018 at 11:45 AM Post #3,724 of 7,153
The pictures show the older stock of B7's with those Kinden's. The earpad is different with an oval shape. The newer revision has a rounder and larger opening in the earpad. Much better comfort and slightly better sounding as well. Still for $45 that isn't a bad price.

Thanks, I hadn't noticed that detail... I have the SIVGA SV007 and they have the round pad openings instead of oval, and they're pretty comfortable, so I'm guessing that these cheaper Kindens are cheaper because of that oval inside of the earned. :frowning2:

May 17, 2018 at 2:10 PM Post #3,725 of 7,153
Briefly listened to the Yenona last night. Compared to the HAS30:

Less sub bass, maybe slightly more impact
Mids recessed but ok
Treble is a bit more sharp

Overall, less clarity, less detailed, less wide, less open sounding. The HAS-30 the sounds seems to float in an open space with a dark background.

Couple notes, the HAS-30 has Sheepskin Round Brainwavz pads and a VModa cable. The Yenona has stock pads but stock cable broke so I'm using a 6.3 to 3.5 adapter with a 3.5 Anker cable.

Thanks, sounds like MDH9000 is a a huge jump from Oneodios.

Im probably going to order the original MDH9000 because its cheapest and easiest option to get.

Last edited:
May 17, 2018 at 2:12 PM Post #3,726 of 7,153
Has anybody opened up their Yenona? I don't mod stuff but thought it might be a fun one to mess with. Took off the pads and the 3 screws that are on the face plate are super tiny so I don't have a screw driver for that (eyeglass repair kit possibly?) and one even looks stripped :frowning2:

May 17, 2018 at 2:15 PM Post #3,727 of 7,153
Thanks, sounds like MDH9000 is a a huge jump from Oneodios.

Im probably going to order the original MDH9000 because its cheapest and easiest option to get.
I wouldn't say huge, I'd say there is enough difference to declare the HAS-30 better. Of course, all IMO. When listening this morning certain males vocals were "ear piercing"/sibilant, that's one of the reasons I sold off my Lyra II the other day.

May 17, 2018 at 5:34 PM Post #3,728 of 7,153
Has anybody opened up their Yenona? I don't mod stuff but thought it might be a fun one to mess with. Took off the pads and the 3 screws that are on the face plate are super tiny so I don't have a screw driver for that (eyeglass repair kit possibly?) and one even looks stripped :frowning2:
I tried opening mine, and i can only open the left side, the right one the screws are stuck and they degraded when i tried to unscrew. When i have more time i will open the left cup again and see if it safe to breake the screw with a drill or something.

Last edited:
May 17, 2018 at 6:01 PM Post #3,729 of 7,153
I tried opening mine, and i can only open the left side, the right one the screws are stuck and they degraded when i tried to unscrew. When i have more time i will open the left cup again and see if it safe to breake the screw with a drill or something.
A trick to getting a recalcitrant screw to loosen: instead of putting as much force as possible in one big push you sort of chip away at it, if that makes sense? Instead of one big TURN you come at it like turnturnturnturn. You're less likely to strip it and for most screws it eventually gives.

May 17, 2018 at 11:21 PM Post #3,730 of 7,153

A trick to getting a recalcitrant screw to loosen: instead of putting as much force as possible in one big push you sort of chip away at it, if that makes sense? Instead of one big TURN you come at it like turnturnturnturn. You're less likely to strip it and for most screws it eventually gives.

Also, try putting pressure on the head of the screw in the axial direction (ie vertical).

So for example, gently pry where the cups separate using a dull butter knife or large flat head screwdriver, in order to keep pressure on the head of the screw while you are turning the screw. And as the screw backs out, keep pressure on the head of the screw by continuing to pry on the ear cup.

This link shows the basic idea, although that guy is using a utility razor blade to keep pressure on the head of the screw (where you would want to use the face of the headphone cup to keep pressure on the head of the screw by prying with a dull butter knife or large flat head screwdriver.

http://www.aconcordcarpenter.com/how-to-remove-a-spinning-screw.html

Last edited:
May 18, 2018 at 8:01 AM Post #3,731 of 7,153

I just placed an order on Aliexpress, 50€ including carrying case and other accessories. One seller had slightly cheaper Freeboss-rebrand on stock not long time ago but they are not available anymore. Looking forward to try these.

May 18, 2018 at 8:03 PM Post #3,732 of 7,153
Well, the tiny screws are impossible to remove on the Yenona so I just swapped stock pads for the stock pads from the LyxPro HAS-30. Improves clarity since the there isn't a thick piece of cloth blocking the audio from the driver. Vocals can still get a bit hot but its nothing terrible. The headband on these is terrible though. If anybody wants to take a shot at modding mine, possibly even openback, lmk.

May 19, 2018 at 9:01 AM Post #3,733 of 7,153
I just carefully scratched the foam off from the stock pads, worked for me (or maybe just placebo, i dont know).

May 19, 2018 at 1:05 PM Post #3,734 of 7,153
I'm sure that can work too. I had the HAS30 pads laying around and they are also only like $10 on Amazon I think

May 25, 2018 at 3:35 PM Post #3,735 of 7,153
Checking in with an update on my recent collaboration with @Slater (a collaboration in which he did all the work, while I sat around) on modding a new Akai Professional 50X headphone w/LyxPro HAS-30 earpads.

Here's what went down:
  • We agreed the ISK MDH9000 clones (of which I've owned 2 X Marantz MPH-2 & 1X LyxPro HAS-30) are good-sounding, inexpensive sonic overachievers
  • I'd seen some of his posts about modding this or that HP & was most impressed by his imagination & workmanship
  • So I asked if he was up for modding one of these clones to the max--to see just how good this design & driver can get.
  • The list of mods he did is extensive, including converting this closed-back HP to open-back
  • I received the modded Akai's on Saturday and have done a moderate amount of listening since.

My goal here is to do lots more listening to the Akai, comparing it to my stock Marantz MPH-2s...ultimately posting my write-up of that comparison on Head-Fi. BTW, the comparison should be meaningful (ie, happening on a level playing field) because I've found these clones are sonically identical, so long as they have the same earpads (these do).

Early listening shows me 2 things:
  1. After all the mods, this very "fun," enjoyable headphone is even more fun & enjoyable. In fact, it's a real blast...a party for my ears (maybe even verging on basshead territory)
  2. @Slater really knows what he's doing. His work is something to behold (clean, refined, subtle), and the cumulative sonic effects of his mods are overwhelmingly positive (I'll have a few nits to pick--but then, I did w/the stock HPs, as well).

Much more to follow. My hope is that I & others here will be able to hear more of his modding handiwork (on the ISK MDH9000 clones and other HPs TBD).
Any chance of he providing the list of mods made (or if he's so kind, a tutorial)?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back