Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (On or Over Ear Headphones)
Apr 23, 2018 at 4:06 PM Post #3,466 of 7,153
+1 on these, I have the Wraith 1.0 Cherry, too, got them back in December 2015 for $38 on Amazon (US) on a Lightning Deal, was very surprised at the quality, both in build and sound, for the price.

I remember seeing this still on Amazon at least as recently as a few months ago (I think?) but I just checked right now and it seems the 1.0 are no longer available. I was curious about the differences in sound between 2.0 and 1.0 Wraith but I've not read any reviews / impressions of people who have both.

The wireless variant (which are $74.99) are still on my list of "to buy" headphones... as if I needed to buy more. :D

NEED???? That is supposed to play into the equation?

Apr 23, 2018 at 4:18 PM Post #3,467 of 7,153
mind posting a link for the B7S?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/SIVGA-Over...d-Back-Studio-Monitor-Headphones/292506140787

Did a make an offer for cheaper and got it.

Done that with several headphones in the past. That's how I got the original symphonized wireless wraith 2.0 for like $20. The second pair I found in a pawn shop 2 weeks later for $14.

I grabbed the Lasmex L-85 from ebay for $45 too. I have coming a hifiman edition s for $70 coming and a lasmex H-120 for $60 coming as well.

I also picked up my Sony MDR Z7's from ebay for $225. So been getting some lucky scores

Last edited:
Apr 23, 2018 at 4:50 PM Post #3,468 of 7,153
https://www.ebay.com/itm/SIVGA-Over...d-Back-Studio-Monitor-Headphones/292506140787

Did a make an offer for cheaper and got it.

Done that with several headphones in the past. That's how I got the original symphonized wireless wraith 2.0 for like $20. The second pair I found in a pawn shop 2 weeks later for $14.

I grabbed the Lasmex L-85 from ebay for $45 too. I have coming a hifiman edition s for $70 coming and a lasmex H-120 for $60 coming as well.

I also picked up my Sony MDR Z7's from ebay for $225. So been getting some lucky scores

Haha, not sure if it's just luck or if maybe you're skilled at driving a good bargain... :beerchug:

Apr 23, 2018 at 5:55 PM Post #3,469 of 7,153
Haha, not sure if it's just luck or if maybe you're skilled at driving a good bargain... :beerchug:

Well on half the make it offers I do win I tend to message the seller and explain why my offer is so great :) Has worked a few times. The rest is just luck. I pretty much list out what I paid for every headphone I've bought so far. I don't pay MSRP ever on anything.

Last edited:
Apr 23, 2018 at 7:09 PM Post #3,470 of 7,153
Speaking of the Lasmex, the H-120 just came in. Nice looking headphones for sure. Portable size, but over the ear. Very comfortable to use. Build quality seems to be outstanding. Earpads are well shaped so even though they are just barely over the ear, they are comfortable and only lightly touch the ear. Sound wise they are a bit mid forward. They sound similar to the PM3s I have with a little less mid-bass region. Sub bass could be better as well, but overall nice sound. Definitely closed back and very little sound stage. Treble is smooth like the PM3s without any airyness or sparkle. Much better ultra portables than the KEF M500s I recently got as well. Those M500s didnt sound bad, but they I just can't get into on-ears.

Update:

The earpads are held on by magnets like the m560 earpads. Both like and hate that. If I could find a magnetic ring that would allow me to swap to any pad that would be awesome. But as it is, that means the stock pads are all I can use for now.

Last edited:
Apr 23, 2018 at 9:38 PM Post #3,471 of 7,153
Maybe worth mentioning I think is that back in 2013 BenF created and managed this thread on the JVC HA-S680:

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/the-jvc-ha-s680-s400s-and-s500s-big-brother-is-here.690493/

He structured the thread/discussion in a similar way to his Takstar Pro 82 thread (and it's not a thread management tactic I've seen anyone else exactly use). I bought the JVC HA-S680 because of that thread, and they were ok. I sold them later. A little while ago I traded a pair of headphones with another member for the Pro 82. Build is ok, they sound good/ok (better than the JVC HA-S680 to my memory, and better than some other headphones, but not as good as a bunch of others), comfort is excellent as claimed. My theory with the Pro 82 is that it is that combination of exceptional comfort with good sound at a reasonable price point from an otherwise unremarkable brand impresses/surprises people a lot. ...
Maybe Pro 82 are just not for you - no headphone will ever satisfy everyone, no matter how expensive it is.
Or may be you are not yet in the right place in your journey to like Pro 82 - I would have been utterly unimpressed by Pro 82 three-four years ago. Since then my taste in both headphones and (more importantly) music has changed dramatically.

... I have chosen specifically not to comment on the sound of the HA-S680 or Pro 82 before because I'm entirely comfortable with the level of 'management' going on with these threads. It could just be that BenF has a particular enthusiasm about these things I suppose, but then there are these promotion of certain sellers (from the HA-S680 thread "I've asked one of my Japanese eBay sellers to list it... I've bought some audiophile items from him before, he's really good", "Also, you can buy them directly from Kakaku...")...
I gave 3 different ways to buy a product, that is Japan-only and not available anywhere else, clearly stating a reason for each - what's wrong with that?
Did you ever see me post an affiliate link?

Maybe innocent, but I don't recall seeing BenF ever declare that he's getting nothing out of mentioning these sellers (though maybe I missed it?)
I have never received any compensation from any seller/manufacturer.

... I expect in four years BenF will start another thread about another pair of headphones... :wink:
Let's hope so, but don't count on it. The chances of another headphone of this price/performance ratio appearing are slim to none.
I haven't posted for nearly 3 years before starting the Pro 82 thread, Pro 82 impressed me so much I had to share it.
It's not enough for the headphone to be great sounding - AB1266 Phi is a better headphone than Pro 82, but how many Head-Fi members can both afford and appreciate one?
0.1%? 0.01%? I wouldn't have wasted my time running a thread on a headphone for such a small group.

Apr 23, 2018 at 10:07 PM Post #3,472 of 7,153
I really like my Symphonized Wraith V1.0 but I don't know if they are still available. I think I got the last one from Amazon UK. I have so many headphones that probably I don't NEED them especially after getting the IMore Triple Driver H1707 but they are very comfortable and sound great. That shape is actually comfortable. It looks like it would not be. The wood is beautiful. Found this photo on the web... too lazy to photograph mine even though they are on a stand right here on my desk... Maybe I will replace the photo soon with my own...
Headphone_Symphonized_Wraith_01.jpg

I've never seen headphones like that. Those are weirdly gorgeous...the wood is beautiful (do you know what it is?)

Apr 24, 2018 at 7:04 AM Post #3,473 of 7,153
I've never seen headphones like that. Those are weirdly gorgeous...the wood is beautiful (do you know what it is?)

I found all the information on the Symphonized site. It seems it can still be ordered directly from them and they have a 10% code (SPRING). Mine is cherry which is the one they have available. I think it once was also available in maple.

https://symphonized.com/products/wraith-cherry-headphones-with-mic-1

This may be off topic for an Asian thread. I think the company is American... but I am sure the headphones are made in China... or, are they?

Apr 24, 2018 at 7:34 AM Post #3,474 of 7,153
They remind me of the Accidentallly Extraordinary headphones from a few years back. Pretty sure those were the same type of situation as these.

Apr 24, 2018 at 8:35 AM Post #3,475 of 7,153
This may be off topic for an Asian thread. I think the company is American... but I am sure the headphones are made in China... or, are they?
They remind me of the Accidentallly Extraordinary headphones from a few years back. Pretty sure those were the same type of situation as these.

I think wraiths and "AE"'s are designed and build by esmooth so they definately belong to this thread. Esmooth makes a lot of oem stuff. Most expensive being old meze and fiscer audio headphones.

Esmooth Acoustic Technology .Co.Ltd
Add: Xin He District,WanJiang Town,DongGuan City,GuangDong, China

:L3000:

Apr 24, 2018 at 4:11 PM Post #3,476 of 7,153
The sound is not very good but okay for the price... It has a very ''hifi'' sound, its not neutral or accurate. Bass are boomy without low end extension, highs are harsh. Voices have a slight weird sound, like it was recorded in a empty room. You tell hear holes and mountains in the audio spetrum, its clearly not a reference headphone.
Can you please explain what you meant? How can a "hi-fi" sound be neither neutral nor accurate, with boomy bass and harsh highs?

Also its not a closed headphone, its semi-open..
I'm looking at my B8 right now - it's a fully closed one. Maybe you have received B7 instead? Please post a picture of your B8.
https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/bosshifi-b8.22425/

Apr 24, 2018 at 4:48 PM Post #3,477 of 7,153
I found all the information on the Symphonized site. It seems it can still be ordered directly from them and they have a 10% code (SPRING). Mine is cherry which is the one they have available. I think it once was also available in maple.

https://symphonized.com/products/wraith-cherry-headphones-with-mic-1

Yes, cherry--stained w/a red dye/water stain. Very nice color!

I can't tell how large the earcups are...small/ears just fit?/medium/fit no problem?/or definitely on ears vs over?

Apr 25, 2018 at 1:33 PM Post #3,478 of 7,153
Can you please explain what you meant? How can a "hi-fi" sound be neither neutral nor accurate, with boomy bass and harsh highs?
I'm looking at my B8 right now - it's a fully closed one. Maybe you have received B7 instead? Please post a picture of your B8.

I'm talking about the usual distorted sound from consumer grade ''hifi'' equipment. Studio gear are high-fidelity meaning neutral. High-end hifi also are.
The B8 is clearly NOT a closed headphone. Its looking like one but its not. Just like Fostex TH-900 or Denon D7000 its semi-open. I will post pictures when I did more listening comparisons, its not a bad headphone but I'm a little disappointed considering all the hype was only a underdog effect

Apr 25, 2018 at 5:24 PM Post #3,479 of 7,153
I'm talking about the usual distorted sound from consumer grade ''hifi'' equipment. Studio gear are high-fidelity meaning neutral. High-end hifi also are.
The B8 is clearly NOT a closed headphone. Its looking like one but its not. Just like Fostex TH-900 or Denon D7000 its semi-open. I will post pictures when I did more listening comparisons, its not a bad headphone but I'm a little disappointed considering all the hype was only a underdog effect

Guess I'll burst your bubble. There is no such thing as a neutral headphone. Speakers can be neutral but not headphones. Neutrality in headphones still has not been universally accepted. There are several different target curves for different variations of neutral out there such as the Harmon Target curve or the diffuse field curve.

Many headphone makers try to tune to specific curve because there is no way to make a headphone flat. Even if there was a way, such headphones would not sound neutral at all.

There is no magic sauce in expensive studio monitors that make them neutral.

Do many consumer headphones tune thier sound to be a bit more "fun?" Yes.

B8 are slightly tuned for a U shaped and are not listed as trying to be neutralish monitor headphones.

If you are looking for monitors then there are other headphones that try to get closer to a neutral sound.

Last edited:
Apr 25, 2018 at 6:39 PM Post #3,480 of 7,153

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-04-26-06-37-06.jpg
    Screenshot_2018-04-26-06-37-06.jpg
    317.7 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_2018-04-26-06-36-31.jpg
    Screenshot_2018-04-26-06-36-31.jpg
    207.6 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back