Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (On or Over Ear Headphones)
Oct 16, 2017 at 6:22 AM Post #2,178 of 7,153
Philly to NYC was around 3-3.5 hours, around the same time to cross Pennsylvania, so 7 seems quite unlikely.
I should have checked a map before saying that. After I left home, my mom took my younger brother to NYC and said it took 7 hours but thinking about it now I realize they had to have taken a bus as my mom never had a car in Ithaca. Driving in Ithaca is an adventure. I have done it.

Have we derailed the thread? I did not even have any headphones in those days:)

Oct 16, 2017 at 7:49 AM Post #2,179 of 7,153
That's cool, I remember ordering Vinyl albums from paper catalogs when I was a teenager.......

Wow, I forgot all about those.

I've ordered hundreds upon hundreds of vinyl from those catalogs haha. I preferred a few UK shops, which was exciting because imports were hard to find in the run-of-the-mill US record stores. Plus those catalogs always had rare items, like colored/clear vinyl, white label, limited pressings, acetates, etc.

How times have changed...

Last edited:
Oct 16, 2017 at 2:37 PM Post #2,181 of 7,153
Hi everyone!
I'm super glad I found this site, more specifically this thread. I've been looking for some headphones for over a week now, but I keep seeing the same stuff on every site/youtube, but nothing that suites me. I actually did find something I liked, the Takstar HI2050, only to come to realization that they'd been discontinued. I went a bit through this thread, but nothing really caught my eye, mostly because it exceeds my budget. That's why I would be very grateful if someone could help me out and point in the right direction.

I'm looking for headphones for $50 or less, I live in EU and I'm a regular on AliExpress, so I don't mind buying from Chinese sites. I currently use Piston 3 in-ears, but I would love to switch to full-sized headphones.
These are the things I would like my headphones to feature:
- comfortable, preferably with velour pads; for instance I find HD598 to have comfortable pads, but extremely uncomfortable headband
- good sound, the best bang I can get for my buck; I listen mostly to rock, alternative and electronic music
- wireless or wired, I'd guess that anything wireless at that price can't be the same or better as wired, though
- detachable cable would be great, but it's not a must; I'm aware I might be asking too much here
- closed back, because I would use them exclusively with my phone when I'm outside.

Most of the recommended headphones I found are open back, so I'm kind of at loss where to look.

Oct 16, 2017 at 3:19 PM Post #2,182 of 7,153
The market for worthy chi-fi below $50 closed its tricky after my knowledge: check out the Superlux 662evo, ISKs hp2011 and MDH9000. Also check what Takstar (own site) has at this price range but right now can't remember anything worth mentioning.
These are the stars I know meeting your criteria, others might contribute here.

If you decide to go for (semi)open as well there are quite a few additional praised cans in this bracket: superlux hd668b and 681evo, isk hf2010 and Samson sr850 might worth a look.
You might want to read the showcases for each and also various impressions in different threads, they have quite different signature, features, ergonomics etc.

Edit: OneOdio DJ/ex. Yenona DJ worth mentioning in the closed section.

Last edited:
Oct 16, 2017 at 4:23 PM Post #2,183 of 7,153
Hi everyone!
I'm super glad I found this site, more specifically this thread. I've been looking for some headphones for over a week now, but I keep seeing the same stuff on every site/youtube, but nothing that suites me. I actually did find something I liked, the Takstar HI2050, only to come to realization that they'd been discontinued. I went a bit through this thread, but nothing really caught my eye, mostly because it exceeds my budget. That's why I would be very grateful if someone could help me out and point in the right direction.

I'm looking for headphones for $50 or less, I live in EU and I'm a regular on AliExpress, so I don't mind buying from Chinese sites. I currently use Piston 3 in-ears, but I would love to switch to full-sized headphones.
- comfortable, preferably with velour pads; for instance I find HD598 to have comfortable pads, but extremely uncomfortable headband
- good sound, the best bang I can get for my buck; I listen mostly to rock, alternative and electronic music
- wireless or wired, I'd guess that anything wireless at that price can't be the same or better as wired, though
- detachable cable would be great, but it's not a must; I'm aware I might be asking too much here
- closed back, because I would use them exclusively with my phone when I'm outside.

Most of the recommended headphones I found are open back, so I'm kind of at loss where to look.

While not Chinese, Philips SHL3300 at $15-$20 smoke anything else at $50 and under. I own 3 pair - modded in various ways.

Oct 16, 2017 at 4:24 PM Post #2,184 of 7,153
Hi everyone!

All I'll say is don't look on youtube

Oct 16, 2017 at 9:58 PM Post #2,185 of 7,153
i got the Sivga 007 this morning, I'm a bit disappointed, they seem to be just decent, just few genres sound Ok, but nothing really shines, just bit decent bass, i miei really considering to send them back to Amazon
Two last comments, beside to be only 16 ohm they are quite greedy, the earpads are really bad

Oct 16, 2017 at 10:01 PM Post #2,186 of 7,153
i got the Sivga 007 this morning, I'm a bit disappointed, they seem to be just decent, just few genres sound Ok, but nothing really shines, just bit decent bass, i miei really considering to send them back to Amazon
Two last comments, beside to be only 16 ohm they are quite greedy, the earpads are really bad

Hmmm...not what I was expecting to hear about the headphones.

If you have the time before deadline for return to Amazon, I suggest you burn them in. It's rough to make conclusions about the sound of "cold" headphones, in my experience (some designs benefit quite a bit from burn-in).

Then again, sometimes "first impressions" are the most accurate impressions of all...

Oct 17, 2017 at 12:53 AM Post #2,188 of 7,153
Hmmm...not what I was expecting to hear about the headphones.

If you have the time before deadline for return to Amazon, I suggest you burn them in. It's rough to make conclusions about the sound of "cold" headphones, in my experience (some designs benefit quite a bit from burn-in).

Then again, sometimes "first impressions" are the most accurate impressions of all...

I got mine tonight as well. I have it playing a few 8 hour pink noise listings on YouTube while I’m out at work, but I had the same initial impression. I also have the Akai 50x coming tomorrow (with the LyxPro pads), so if that one blows me away and the Sigva doesn’t... back to Amazon it goes.

Oct 17, 2017 at 1:17 AM Post #2,189 of 7,153
I got mine tonight as well. I have it playing a few 8 hour pink noise listings on YouTube while I’m out at work, but I had the same initial impression. I also have the Akai 50x coming tomorrow (with the LyxPro pads), so if that one blows me away and the Sigva doesn’t... back to Amazon it goes.

give it a few more hours of burn in, some cans needs more time to burn in like my grados, it took me 45 hrs to fully break it in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back