Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (On or Over Ear Headphones)
Oct 13, 2017 at 11:36 PM Post #2,146 of 7,153
Just to update my situation.
Got the headphones!
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/OKC...-Ear-Headphones-DIY-that-can/32814142138.html
Came broken (bass is messed up to put it lightly)...
still want to pay so I can clear my mind out of this (Bad stuff happens to put it lightly).
but ended up reading newer reviews in the product page and found a review with the exact same problem as my unit.
Man...
They sell this thing with 0 quality control.
I almost want to let it go, but i think I'll still pay (cause i'm stupid)
I'm starting a crusade against this product though...
It's heart breaking:weary:, if it wasn't for the f... messed up distorted bass and the terribly low volume(high impedance maybe?) they would be among my best.

This was a gamble so ill move on.
I got superlux 668b,
yenona studio pros
and some earbuds (headroom ms16)
on the way
let's hope for some better days

Yah, that's why I would have ordered those from Amazon since the price is about the same for me.

The Yenona, aka OneOdio that I bought, is definitely a good can to buy. The cups are usually very loose, but that is nothing. I don't own the Superlux, but enough reviews say it is decent for what it is.

Oct 14, 2017 at 9:40 AM Post #2,149 of 7,153
Oct 14, 2017 at 2:32 PM Post #2,150 of 7,153
Paying for broken/defective items doesn’t curb the problem. Perhaps with enough chargebacks, they’ll pay more attention to their quality control.

I don’t want to sound mean, but your conscience is only exacerbating the problem. Get your money back.
This. Always. Get your money Back. Some Sellers/manufacturers rely on people not bothering to get a refund.

When I ordered Msur n550(aka bosshifi B6) mine had one dead driver. I even sent videos how the driver does not work. I have an amp that can mute one side so it was easy to show The headphones were faulty.

Seller only agreed to a refund If I had completely broken The cups, pads, cable etc and sent pictures.

Finally we got to an agreement that he would sent me a spare driver. With that driver I fixed the headphones. I't Took 3 weeks for The headphones to arrive, one Week fighting with The seller and 3 more weeks to get the New driver. I got some crappy 3$ earbuds as compensation but that did not really help.

So, always complain. Many sellers will take advantage of us If given the change.

Oct 14, 2017 at 9:17 PM Post #2,151 of 7,153
Regarding 11/11 sales: I am looking to get a few IEMs...is there a way to know what is going to be on sale? I'm looking at getting some KZs: 1 or 2 for work (durable, simple one button remote for pausing) and at least an ES3 and maybe also a ZS5.

Oct 14, 2017 at 10:57 PM Post #2,153 of 7,153
Is there a tier list of all the headphones? I feel bad posting and just asking for what is good to try out.
If you have an idea of what you want in terms of price/sound signature/headphone type/ usage etc people will gladly suggest something....and then happily squabble amongst themselves for days over what is the best choice for you.

Oct 14, 2017 at 11:08 PM Post #2,154 of 7,153
Haha, okay. Well. I'm really big on value. So most bang for my buck would be preferable, but I could do 100usd to 150usd comfortably. I'd prefer something I can wear for very long periods of time. I mostly would use it for making/playing music and gaming. I would take something that has better build quality over better sound, because I like to keep my things till they die on me.

I will be using it with a focusrite saffire 24 dsp, a firewire interface. I do plan on upgrading my equipment, eventually, for more listening-centric station..

Big plus if I can get it on Amazon, because I hate waiting. But I'm willing to wait if it is really good value to get it from China.

If this is too vague, I could try to be more specific.

Oct 14, 2017 at 11:56 PM Post #2,157 of 7,153
Under $100 check out the Bosshifi B8 or B7

Oct 15, 2017 at 12:02 AM Post #2,158 of 7,153
Haha, okay. Well. I'm really big on value. So most bang for my buck would be preferable, but I could do 100usd to 150usd comfortably. I'd prefer something I can wear for very long periods of time. I mostly would use it for making/playing music and gaming. I would take something that has better build quality over better sound, because I like to keep my things till they die on me.

I will be using it with a focusrite saffire 24 dsp, a firewire interface. I do plan on upgrading my equipment, eventually, for more listening-centric station..

Big plus if I can get it on Amazon, because I hate waiting. But I'm willing to wait if it is really good value to get it from China.

If this is too vague, I could try to be more specific.
Not Chifi, but something I highly recommend in that price range would be Philips SHP9500s with HM5 angled pads.

Oct 15, 2017 at 12:40 AM Post #2,159 of 7,153
Not Chifi, but something I highly recommend in that price range would be Philips SHP9500s with HM5 angled pads.

I've been wanting a pair of shp9500s they seem really nice for the price. Guess it comes down to the bosshifi and the phillips? Really excited to hear more suggestions, it's hard to go through the thread and find cans that are still for sale. A lot of the time going through the IEM thread, I kept running into ones that just aren't sold anymore.

I really like the look of the bosshifi b8, and I know everyone raves about it.

Last edited:
Oct 15, 2017 at 12:55 AM Post #2,160 of 7,153
I've been wanting a pair of shp9500s they seem really nice for the price. Guess it comes down to the bosshifi and the phillips? Really excited to hear more suggestions, it's hard to go through the thread and find cans that are still for sale. A lot of the time going through the IEM thread, I kept running into ones that just aren't sold anymore.
that's why you work backwards with these long threads.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back