Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (On or Over Ear Headphones)
Oct 12, 2017 at 4:36 AM Post #2,131 of 7,153
so right now I'm trying to figure out which to get, the LyxPro version of the ISK 9000 (Lyx's offices is located about 20 minutes from my house), the BossHifi B8s, or the ISK HD9999.

Mainly for Rock/metal/punk/hip hop/vocals and some movies & TV thrown in. Will eventually get an amp/dac (maybe a Fulla or SMSL SD-793II). Been using a 10 year old pair of Sennheiser HD25-1 and recently a HyperX Cloud.

If I missed a set of cans that would fit my needs better, feel free to throw names at me. Willing to spend around $125ish.
Out of these three I have used only Bosshifi B8 which is very good for its price in my opinion. Another headphone in same price range that you should consider (if available) is Takstar Pro 82.

Oct 12, 2017 at 4:58 AM Post #2,132 of 7,153
so right now I'm trying to figure out which to get, the LyxPro version of the ISK 9000 (Lyx's offices is located about 20 minutes from my house), the BossHifi B8s, or the ISK HD9999.

Mainly for Rock/metal/punk/hip hop/vocals and some movies & TV thrown in. Will eventually get an amp/dac (maybe a Fulla or SMSL SD-793II). Been using a 10 year old pair of Sennheiser HD25-1 and recently a HyperX Cloud.

If I missed a set of cans that would fit my needs better, feel free to throw names at me. Willing to spend around $125ish.

the isk hp980 is I recommend

Oct 12, 2017 at 1:44 PM Post #2,134 of 7,153
Well got two things in the mail today. LyxPro OEH-10 and my massdrop 1More mystery drop. Turns out the mystery for me is the Piston fit. Figured I would get the "cheapest" of the mystery drop.

First off, the 1More I have to return. Almost no sound from the left channel. Right channel sounds ok, but not worth trying to analyze it when I can't hear the left side. So no I have to deal with returning these things.

Secondly the OEH-10 are... meh.

The mids and trebles are definitely veiled and lacking clarity. Way too rolled off on the treble. The bass is good and decent, but that is about it. Surprised people rate this so highly. They don't sound awful at least. They just sound OK. Build quality is decent. Comfort is meh. They have pretty significant clamping force and the stock pads are not that great as usual. It did come with both leatherette and velour pads, but neither are all that good. Will switch out the pads, but doubt that a pad change will make the mids/treble any clearer and brighter. I do know the Somic version has better pads from what I've seen in other reviews. Also sucks that the cable isn't detachable. Sound stage is basically nothing either.

I just rewatched the Zeos review after I wrote this, and basically what I heard he said as well. Treble is very low and muted. Mids are a veiled. There is no sound stage in these despite being open back. I really wouldn't recommend them over the $40 I paid.

Last edited:
Oct 12, 2017 at 11:17 PM Post #2,135 of 7,153
I'm in a bit o trouble here guys...
I'll make it short:
I bought a pair of headphones from ali som time ago and they vanished during shipping.
I freaked out because the buyer protection was running out and I opened a dispute.
Won and got refunded because it wasn't eve in my country at the time, so I forgot about it.
Now, after 70 days of shipping the tracking shows that the package is arriving my city so it will probally reach me next week or so.
If it really arrives, I want to pay for it but have no idea how.

TLDR
Need help paying for a product on ali after being refunded.

Oct 13, 2017 at 12:02 AM Post #2,136 of 7,153
I'm in a bit o trouble here guys...
I'll make it short:
I bought a pair of headphones from ali som time ago and they vanished during shipping.
I freaked out because the buyer protection was running out and I opened a dispute.
Won and got refunded because it wasn't eve in my country at the time, so I forgot about it.
Now, after 70 days of shipping the tracking shows that the package is arriving my city so it will probally reach me next week or so.
If it really arrives, I want to pay for it but have no idea how.

TLDR
Need help paying for a product on ali after being refunded.

Your intentions are honorable. I would just contact the original store you purchased it from and let them know what happened (assuming you actually get it). They may tell you not to worry about it or provide you a way to pay.

Last edited:
Oct 13, 2017 at 12:05 AM Post #2,137 of 7,153
I would say wait for the item to arrive first and check if all's in order.

If all's well, go to your Aliexpress order history and contact seller again. Tell them the story and ask how you can arrange to pay for the item again.
They will be more than happy to oblige.

It has happened to me before. Shipping company somehow shipped the item to some Caribbean island instead of my address. It got rejected and somehow redirected to me a second time even after the buyer protection had ended and I got a refund.

Contacted the seller. I just so happened to have something I wanted to buy from them again, so seller was very appreciative that he/she suggested that I click on 2 pieces instead of 1 that I needed and they will send just 1 instead. Even though the item was a fair bit cheaper than the original order, they were happy to close the issue there and then.

Oct 13, 2017 at 12:36 AM Post #2,138 of 7,153

For a DAC the FiiO K1 isn't bad either in that price range, or the E10K.
That SMSL does look nice.
The fulla2 I can tell you is quite bright and has popping noises from the USB interface which is the only actual option.
The downside to the SMSL though is that it only has Coax/Optical if you don't already have one of those outputs it requires additional $$.

Oct 13, 2017 at 5:45 AM Post #2,140 of 7,153
Well after my false start with SIVGA and amazon I keep looking for headphones... provided 11.11 is less than a month away, do you have an Ali Target List? Care to share?
Anyway I am not a fan of 11.11, prices increase now, difficult to know te real price of the items... slower (even) shipping.. but yeah I always buy...

So which is your ATL(AliTargetList)?

Oct 13, 2017 at 10:20 PM Post #2,144 of 7,153
Just to update my situation.
Got the headphones!
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/OKC...-Ear-Headphones-DIY-that-can/32814142138.html
Came broken (bass is messed up to put it lightly)...
still want to pay so I can clear my mind out of this (Bad stuff happens to put it lightly).
but ended up reading newer reviews in the product page and found a review with the exact same problem as my unit.
Man...
They sell this thing with 0 quality control.
I almost want to let it go, but i think I'll still pay (cause i'm stupid)
I'm starting a crusade against this product though...
It's heart breaking:weary:, if it wasn't for the f... messed up distorted bass and the terribly low volume(high impedance maybe?) they would be among my best.

This was a gamble so ill move on.
I got superlux 668b,
yenona studio pros
and some earbuds (headroom ms16)
on the way
let's hope for some better days

Oct 13, 2017 at 10:49 PM Post #2,145 of 7,153
Paying for broken/defective items doesn’t curb the problem. Perhaps with enough chargebacks, they’ll pay more attention to their quality control.

I don’t want to sound mean, but your conscience is only exacerbating the problem. Get your money back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back