Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (On or Over Ear Headphones)
Oct 15, 2017 at 3:30 AM Post #2,162 of 7,153
I've been wanting a pair of shp9500s they seem really nice for the price. Guess it comes down to the bosshifi and the phillips? Really excited to hear more suggestions, it's hard to go through the thread and find cans that are still for sale. A lot of the time going through the IEM thread, I kept running into ones that just aren't sold anymore.

I really like the look of the bosshifi b8, and I know everyone raves about it.

Are you looking for open or closed headphones?

Oct 15, 2017 at 6:20 AM Post #2,164 of 7,153
I don't really have a preference. I've liked my semi open superlux, akg k701, and my old closed koss cans (can't remember what the model).

Can I get recommendations for all three? Lol

Here are links for two headphones on Amazon (UK and USA) - I have both of these and recommend either.

So if you do not want to order from China ...

Kinden/Bosshifi B8
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Headphone-...UTF8&qid=1508062039&sr=8-1&keywords=kinden+b8

https://www.amazon.com/Over-Ear-Mus...ie=UTF8&qid=1508077802&sr=1-4&keywords=kinden

Sivga SV007
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0718VW...-21&ascsubtag=2729616740&tag=httpwwwshopst-21

https://www.amazon.com/SIVGA-Headph...77550&sr=8-1-spons&keywords=sivga+sv007&psc=1

The 1st is closed and is a rebranding of the BossHIfi B8. The second is open(maybe semi-open) but to me semi-open IS open because it is not closed :) I see that there is only one of the Sivga SV007 remaining and that their closed variant that is similar to the B8 is apparently out of stock as it is not listed. I have the SV007 (Rosewood). The SV005 appears to be the same or similar to the Kinden/Bosshifi B07. There are many earlier posts in this thread where we go round and round about what may actually be the same as what. Read the descriptions and specs and see what you think. The build quality is excellent on all of them.

Last edited:
Oct 15, 2017 at 6:24 AM Post #2,165 of 7,153
Here are two links. I have both of these and recommend either.

So if you do not want to order from China ...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Headphone-...UTF8&qid=1508062039&sr=8-1&keywords=kinden+b8

https://www.amazon.co.uk/SIVGA-Head...TF8&qid=1508062131&sr=1-2&keywords=sivga&th=1

The 1st is closed and is a rebranding of the BossHIfi B8. The second is open(maybe semi-open) but to me semi-open IS open because it is not closed :) I see that there is only one of the Sivga SV007 remaining and that their closed variant that is similar to the B8 is apparently out of stock as it is not listed. I have the SV007 (Rosewood). The SV005 appears to be the same or similar to the Kinden/Bosshifi B07. There are many earlier posts in this thread where we go round and round about what may actually be the same as what. Read the descriptions and specs and see what you think. The build quality is excellent on all of them.

I think this seals the deal on the b8, but, why not both?

My wife will not be pleased...

Oct 15, 2017 at 6:54 AM Post #2,166 of 7,153
I think this seals the deal on the b8, but, why not both?

My wife will not be pleased...

Sure... why not both. But you have to buy her something too.... In my case, sometimes when my husband buys a new headphone or iem I I choose one as well :) Sometimes I steal what he thought he bought for himself :) Sometimes I give them back... sometimes not... Why do you think my list is so long... lol. I have given him a few things though that I originally chose for myself but thought they would suit him better. He has way more than I do... way more...

Seriously though we are running out space... UK houses are tiny compared to what money will buy in the midwest... I came here from Michigan. There would have been tons of room in my Michigan house....and it was way cheaper! We might have to rethink a few things... like do we really need to keep all the boxes? Not planning to sell anything, The attic is getting full and is probably a fire hazard.

I do like both... for different reasons. I like all my gear... for different reasons.

If you want that Sivga 007 you need to hurry though with only one left..and something has happened where an American company (I think it is American) has taken the Sivga with plans to have it rebranded for them to be sold at $350! You can see discussion and photos of this a few pages back.

BTW, with the Kinden version of the Bosshifi B8 you get a headphone case and an iem case and a couple of small things that I never opened.

Last edited:
Oct 15, 2017 at 7:00 AM Post #2,167 of 7,153
She isn't really into headphones, I'll definitely try to make an exchange. lol.

On the american amazon, they have quite a few left of both luckily. Now just to decide what to get first. From what I read the 007 (did you get walnut or rosewood?) is much more "fun" to listen to.

Would that make the b8 better at reference? Is it more neutral?

Oct 15, 2017 at 7:14 AM Post #2,168 of 7,153
She isn't really into headphones, I'll definitely try to make an exchange. lol.

On the american amazon, they have quite a few left of both luckily. Now just to decide what to get first. From what I read the 007 (did you get walnut or rosewood?) is much more "fun" to listen to.

Would that make the b8 better at reference? Is it more neutral?

The Rosewood is the SV007 and it is not the same model at all as the Walnut which is the 005 and is the same as the Bosshifi B7. I know we are not to talk about what we don't own and just say what we have read.... but... from what I have read of the Bosshifi B7 it is definitely not the same sound as the SV007. I do not think I would like it as much. Look closely at the round grills... you will see it it not the same...compare that to the different Kinden ones...

I thought I gave you amazon.com links... grrrrrrr... browser redirected me and I did not notice...I am a night owl who just woke up... I will add them to my previous post.

I do think the B8 is more neutral but the Sivga sounds richer (I honestly do not know what words to use)to me and someone else in here said the same. There is room in your life for both! Both are at my desk at the moment.

edited to say that I just looked at the amazon.com site and they do still have the Sivga 006 variant that looks like a B8. They also have the Sivga SV005 which is the one I said is like the B7. What I dont understand and never have noticed before that they do seem to claim to have the SV007 in Walnut AND Rosewood....hmmmm.... because of the price I did not notice they were supposedly the same model but different wood. I can only personally vouch for the Rosewood one. It looks and sounds gorgeous.

If I could only keep one of the two it would be the Sivga. For one thing it is more comfortable to me but that varies from person to person. I do better with round cups. Music sounds as it should to me... the bass is tight.... to me...not bloomy

Last edited:
Oct 15, 2017 at 8:03 AM Post #2,169 of 7,153
I don't really have a preference. I've liked my semi open superlux, akg k701, and my old closed koss cans (can't remember what the model).

Can I get recommendations for all three? Lol

No problem, just wanted to get it clear so that you get relevant suggestions.

I'm super curious on the Sivga 007 as well so of I was to try something new it'd definitely be it (unfortunately it doesn't seem to be possible to have it shipped to Norway or Sweden).

If you can still find the Takstar Pro80 in one version or another (lots of different branding on those) I'm considering them a excellent value.

The Superlux HD662f is also very nice although build is very plastic fantastic (despite that my pair have hold up for years despite all my kids using them at the computer).

The Fostex T50rp (and it's siblings) are probably the best value out there under $100 if you don't mind modding them.

Otherwise as soon as you start moving up the price ladder there's plenty of options that's more mainstream the HD6XX and HE400i are really hard to beat for their respective price (especially the HE400i to me due to personal preference).

Oct 15, 2017 at 8:20 AM Post #2,170 of 7,153
The Fostex T50rp (and it's siblings) are probably the best value out there under $100 if you don't mind modding them.

Excellent suggestion but I just had a look at Amazon.com and they want $127 for a refurbished pair but a new one can be found here for $160.
https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1180066-REG/fostex_rpmk3_series_t50rp_mk3_stereo.html

I have Brainwavz hybrid pads on mine which makes them comfortable for me. I did not mod anything internally... love the sound as it is with the Brainwavz hybrids. I also use a different cable. It seems I forget about them sometimes because I have too many newer things but whenever I do listen I am amazed by how good they are. They stand up very well alongside my ZMF modded ones. I could not resist the ZMF purple wood Vibro when it appeared on massdrop a year ago. BTW, I have stopped adding more headphones. I have also stopped buying more buds and iems. I do have a couple of iems still to be delivered. Then I finish organizing everything and just listen... and listen... it is about the music in the end. It always was. I think headfi (and my husband) are bad influences on me! lol

I should mention that I do not use the Fostex unamped (it will play but it really prefers a bit of power) but I easily can drive the Kinden/Bosshifi B8 straight out of any of my daps. Same with the Sivga but I do have to increase the volume more for it than for the B8.

Last edited:
Oct 15, 2017 at 10:37 AM Post #2,171 of 7,153
Excellent suggestion but I just had a look at Amazon.com and they want $127 for a refurbished pair but a new one can be found here for $160.
https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1180066-REG/fostex_rpmk3_series_t50rp_mk3_stereo.html

I have Brainwavz hybrid pads on mine which makes them comfortable for me. I did not mod anything internally... love the sound as it is with the Brainwavz hybrids. I also use a different cable. It seems I forget about them sometimes because I have too many newer things but whenever I do listen I am amazed by how good they are. They stand up very well alongside my ZMF modded ones (I could not resist the purple wood Vibro when it appeared on massdrop a year ago. BTW, I have stopped adding more headphones. I have also stopped buying more buds and iems. I do have a couple of iems still to be delivered. Then I finish organizing everything and just listen... and listen... it is about the music in the end. It always was. I think headfi (and my husband) are bad influences on me! lol

Yeah, they're really nice and just like you I often forget them in the jungle og headphones. I've got two pairs myself (with different tuning/pads).

That's price is a bummer though :frowning2:

I picked up my pairs directly at the BH Photo NYC store for $79 a couple of years ago (on different occasions). For that price they're excellent value. Hopefully the prices will come down again. Also if one plan to mod them it doesn't really matter which of the versions (T20-T50) one gets so migh be worth looking for the others as well.

Oct 15, 2017 at 10:57 AM Post #2,172 of 7,153
Yeah, they're really nice and just like you I often forget them in the jungle og headphones. I've got two pairs myself (with different tuning/pads).

That's price is a bummer though :frowning2:

I picked up my pairs directly at the BH Photo NYC store for $79 a couple of years ago (on different occasions). For that price they're excellent value. Hopefully the prices will come down again. Also if one plan to mod them it doesn't really matter which of the versions (T20-T50) one gets so migh be worth looking for the others as well.

That was an amazing price that you got! as far as the jungle of headphones is concerned, I just had a look at your list.... your IEMs !!!! I have been asked how many ears I have. How many ears do YOU have? :)

When I still lived in Michigan I used to order things from Bh Photo... they used to send me a catalog. Paper! I don't get any catalogs anymore. I think I got my first headphones from J&R Music World in the 90's.

Oct 15, 2017 at 11:00 AM Post #2,173 of 7,153
That was an amazing price that you got! as far as the jungle of headphones is concerned, I just had a look at your list.... your IEMs !!!! I have been asked how many ears I have. How many ears do YOU have? :)

When I still lived in Michigan I used to order things from Bh Photo... they used to send me a catalog. Paper! I don't get any catalogs anymore. I think I got my first headphones from J&R Music World in the 90's.

Only my wife is allowed to ask the "how many ears" question :wink:

That's cool, I remember ordering Vinyl albums from paper catalogs when I was a teenager.......

I love going to the BH Photo store and try to go there every time I'm in NYC. So much fun to look at and not to mention listen to.

Oct 15, 2017 at 11:36 AM Post #2,174 of 7,153
Only my wife is allowed to ask the "how many ears" question :wink:

That's cool, I remember ordering Vinyl albums from paper catalogs when I was a teenager.......

I love going to the BH Photo store and try to go there every time I'm in NYC. So much fun to look at and not to mention listen to.

Even though I am American and I was born in upstate New York (Ithaca) I have never been to NYC. It would have been a 7 hour drive I think. Spent most of my life in Michgan...raised my kids there. I would love to go to a store like BH. Been to Best Buy:) Now I do almost all shopping online. It's a shame that no one will ship the Sivgas to you. I would have thought maybe Amazon UK would .

Oct 15, 2017 at 12:00 PM Post #2,175 of 7,153
Even though I am American and I was born in upstate New York (Ithaca) I have never been to NYC. It would have been a 7 hour drive I think. Spent most of my life in Michgan...raised my kids there. I would love to go to a store like BH. Been to Best Buy:) Now I do almost all shopping online. It's a shame that no one will ship the Sivgas to you. I would have thought maybe Amazon UK would .

Yeah, I also shop a lot online. I even order stuff for delivery to the hotel when I'm in the US. It actually works surprisingly good. I remember one time in Irvine, Orange county, though when my hotel plans were changed and I had to get a cab to collect the packages ha ha.

I had a sister living in the UK for 15 years and used their spare room as a cross stocking for my Amazon purchases :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back