Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (On or Over Ear Headphones)
Nov 10, 2016 at 9:37 PM Post #166 of 7,153
Hmm well now I'm confused. People are telling me the status cb-1 are not very durable, so despite the sound I'm uncomfortable spending $80 on them. Plus they're not on sale tomorrow.

Looking at the Yenona, seems like overall it is a bit bassy and perhaps not that neutral. Switching pads seems to neutralize the sound signature but for then I'd end up spending another $20 for a total of $50. Not terrible but I also have to consider that the 3.5mm port on the headphones is not well-made (I guess the 1/4 is but still).

Looking at the Marantz MPH-2 / LyxPro HAS-30 sounds like I will be less satisfied with the fit and soundstage. I guess this also amounts to $50.

Has anyone tried the Beevo HM810?

What about the Archeer AH07

Nov 11, 2016 at 1:51 AM Post #167 of 7,153
Was looking around for some alternatives to the Yenona in the same price range and found these deals:

ISK HP-960B $17.80

Superlux HD681 3.5mm $35 (plenty of reviews for these already)

ISK HP-800 $21

Takstar HD2000 $23

Takstar HD5500 $23

ISK SH-988 $32

Takstar TS-650 $41.40

Does anyone have any of these and can give impressions?

Nov 11, 2016 at 9:20 AM Post #169 of 7,153
peter123 where did you get the yenonas for $35? They're $70 now on the Ali sale and $63 on Amazon

I bought them for $38. Just message the seller on Aliexpress , I'm driving right now but I'll elaborate more later....

Nov 11, 2016 at 10:09 AM Post #172 of 7,153
peter123 where did you get the yenonas for $35? They're $70 now on the Ali sale and $63 on Amazon

First of all, I purchased my pair at the retail price on Aliexpress at the time, it was $38. I've got absolutely no relation to the seller other than this one purchase.

The 11/11 price on the Yenona was advertised to be $35, this obviously is not the case. I've talked to a couple of other Head-fier's today that was upset about the price and after they asked the seller about it they've both got the message to place the order and not pay and the seller would adjust the price to $35. I know that it worked for one of them so if I was to purchase them again I'd message the seller.

Good luck :)

Nov 11, 2016 at 10:55 AM Post #177 of 7,153
First of all, I purchased my pair at the retail price on Aliexpress at the time, it was $38. I've got absolutely no relation to the seller other than this one purchase.

The 11/11 price on the Yenona was advertised to be $35, this obviously is not the case. I've talked to a couple of other Head-fier's today that was upset about the price and after they asked the seller about it they've both got the message to place the order and not pay and the seller would adjust the price to $35. I know that it worked for one of them so if I was to purchase them again I'd message the seller.

Good luck
smily_headphones1.gif

They finally adjusted the price for me.  Paid $35 like what was advertised earlier.

Nov 11, 2016 at 11:35 AM Post #179 of 7,153
So now the question for me is BossHifi B8 or Yenona.

If I'm planning to buy the Status Audio CB-1 when they're back in stock maybe it's smarter to buy the cheaper one now.

I'm very interested in the Boss HiFi B8's, but can't find any reviews of them, comments--nothing. They look beautiful & have that beryllium driver that may/may not produce overly bright treble (depends totally on design). The cheapest price I can find is ~$70 which in absolute terms isn't much, but it's just enough so it's not a throwaway/impulse buy--also considering the fact I can't find comments--that I could end up with a treble-cannon pair of new headphones that I hate.

The Yenona's are another matter altogether. At the $35 they're going for currently (insanely low), they're an outright steal. I got them for ~$60 and thought them a bargain.

Nov 11, 2016 at 11:48 AM Post #180 of 7,153

I'm very interested in the Boss HiFi B8's, but can't find any reviews of them, comments--nothing. They look beautiful & have that beryllium driver that may/may not produce overly bright treble (depends totally on design). The cheapest price I can find is ~$70 which in absolute terms isn't much, but it's just enough so it's not a throwaway/impulse buy--also considering the fact I can't find comments--that I could end up with a treble-cannon pair of new headphones that I hate.

The Yenona's are another matter altogether. At the $35 they're going for currently (insanely low), they're an outright steal. I got them for ~$60 and thought them a bargain.

There's this:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/820747/chinese-asian-brand-info-thread-portable-headphones-and-iems/975#post_12905235

and this:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/805930/best-sub-100-chinese-brands-earphones-thread-hidden-gems-personal-favorite-best-deals-and-impressions-sharing-for-audiophile-on-budget-include-best-chinese-headphones-dap-section/1470#post_12979452

Users who are viewing this thread

Back