Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (On or Over Ear Headphones)
Apr 29, 2017 at 10:26 AM Post #961 of 7,153
Just did a search those ISK look good. They beat the A5 Pro whoa. Congrats and enjoy.

Apr 29, 2017 at 12:57 PM Post #962 of 7,153
I just looked at a picture of these, and they are very handsome headphones IMO, especially w/the thicker pads on. Gold lettering on black background really works for me.

What do hear from them, soundwise? Are they bright? Neutral? Warm? How's the bass & soundstaging?

Apr 29, 2017 at 2:01 PM Post #963 of 7,153
From reviews online neutral with good bass and details on the music. Blood penguin review them.

Apr 29, 2017 at 5:22 PM Post #965 of 7,153
Sorry if this topic has been covered elsewhere in this string...I could go back and read the whole thing, but it's easier to just ask:

-- Does anyone here own the iSK HD9999 headphone?

-- If so, how does it sound? Is it a good headphone?

I own one of the many ISK MDH9000 clones, the Marantz MPH-2, and IMO it's an extreme over-achiever, far better than its price.

The iSK HD9999 looks very handsome to me, has 2 sets of pads & 2 cables. Also one good review here.

???

(thanks in advance)

May 2, 2017 at 5:00 AM Post #968 of 7,153
ISK HD9999: my personal first impressions with more or less no burn in:
The HD9999 is warm and it is really clear sounding. Highs are sharp but not piercing (and with no sibilance noticed) with very good details and resolution. Mids are not that present like e.g. AKG K551/550. Miss there some details in direct comparison to the AKG. Bass fundament is there but definitely not enhanced. Feels like the sub bass is more present as the mid bass.
Overall I would put it still into the balanced and also neutral category. Thought the highs seems to be little enhanced and the mids little recessed.
Soundtage is good.
This is a very, very comfortable and leightweighted headphone.
According to the review there are soundwise slight differences between the both cushion types. So you have the choice and can adapt to your preferences. BTW, both cushion styles are comfortable for my head/ears.

Edit: These sound fantastic!

Last edited:
May 2, 2017 at 11:45 PM Post #969 of 7,153
Hello all!
I hate to add another one of these questions to the thread, but I honestly have nowhere better to look. I just returned a set of Koss ProDJ 200's because they were pretty meh. Sounded like a closed back AKG M220. That's not bad in any way, it's just far from what I wanted. Also the earpads were terrible.

I'm mostly looking for a set of headphones with really good isolation (closed back is a must) and more bass than a neutral sound curve has to offer. I was thinking about Takstar Pro 80's and some Brainwavz Earpads but the Takstar and its rebrands seem to be out of stock everywhere. (Amazon, eBay, Banggood, AliExpress, and Gearbest are where I looked) Should I wait for them to come back in stock or is there something else I should consider?

Thank you for your time!

May 3, 2017 at 12:27 AM Post #970 of 7,153
Hello all!
I hate to add another one of these questions to the thread, but I honestly have nowhere better to look. I just returned a set of Koss ProDJ 200's because they were pretty meh. Sounded like a closed back AKG M220. That's not bad in any way, it's just far from what I wanted. Also the earpads were terrible.

I'm mostly looking for a set of headphones with really good isolation (closed back is a must) and more bass than a neutral sound curve has to offer. I was thinking about Takstar Pro 80's and some Brainwavz Earpads but the Takstar and its rebrands seem to be out of stock everywhere. (Amazon, eBay, Banggood, AliExpress, and Gearbest are where I looked) Should I wait for them to come back in stock or is there something else I should consider?

Thank you for your time!

Budget?

May 3, 2017 at 3:41 AM Post #971 of 7,153
Hello all!

Thank you for your time!
My bet is on ISK HD9999 and the many clones of an earlier model (forgotten it's name :xf_eek: ) Lyxpro etc.
Pharmaboy wrote some posts about them as I recall.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back