Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (On or Over Ear Headphones)
Apr 24, 2017 at 1:06 PM Post #946 of 7,153
I don't like OnEars anyway, most stick on the boney part of the ear 
basshead.gif

Apr 24, 2017 at 2:14 PM Post #947 of 7,153
  I don't like OnEars anyway, most stick on the boney part of the ear 
basshead.gif

Yeah, especially when the earpads are this 'flat' on-ear style:

My ears hurt just looking at the photos!

Apr 24, 2017 at 2:44 PM Post #949 of 7,153
Apr 24, 2017 at 3:26 PM Post #950 of 7,153
Apr 24, 2017 at 3:54 PM Post #951 of 7,153
Yeah, especially when the earpads are this 'flat' on-ear style:

My ears hurt just looking at the photos!

I own a soundbot Bluetooth like that. I don't think they are removable. They sound better with the wire than they do BT. I'm not a fan either of those pads.

Apr 24, 2017 at 4:18 PM Post #953 of 7,153
Do they have aptX?

No they don't. Don't think aptx was out 2014. Maybe they were but in expensive ones.
Soundbot 270 were like 20 when I got them. Those Mpow Swift EP are way better and have aptX. Check ebay less than 15 bucks. In fact I may pickup a backup in Orange. Haha MAYBE

Apr 24, 2017 at 6:00 PM Post #954 of 7,153
Apr 24, 2017 at 6:29 PM Post #956 of 7,153
I posted a pic of it but no details... Essentially the 560 is my favorite HP. It's an amazing Bang For Buck, just hope they last

Apr 24, 2017 at 7:13 PM Post #958 of 7,153
Checking in with my KZ LP3 that arrived last week. I figured for under $15, why not right?

Open design, lightweight, and comes with 2 sets of different foam pads (smaller on-ear and larger Grado bowl style).

Looks kind of like a baby Grado, right? Boy, I couldn't wait!

Well, I was sorely disappointed. What a turd sandwich.

It has the construction of a dollar store headphone. The small stock pads are GLUED on, and to swap to the larger included Grado bowl-style pads, you have to disassemble the cups. You would think those 3 in-your-face screws are holding the cups together, which would have been too easy. The screws are just holding the basically cosmetic grille on. Instead the cups are clipped together with the world's most brittle plastic. So I broke every clip opening them up, and you would think the pad would come right off, right? I mean, they included an alternate set of pads, right? Wrong. The pads are GLUED on, and you have to tear them apart to remove them. In the process, the aluminum trim ring fell off on both sides too. So I finally switch the pads to the large ones, but since I broke all of the clips I had to super glue the cups back together, as well as the aluminum trim rings.

Now to try them on. Well, the headband has about 1.5" of length adjustment, but the cups are at a fixed angle so they have no rotation or tilt. If I had a cube-shaped head they would have fit great, but my head isn't a cube. Therefore the only way to adjust anything is by bending the metal sliders with pliers (which takes a number of bending re-adjustments to get a good fit). In the process of all of that bending and re-bending, the aluminum trim rings fall off again, so I reglue them for a 2nd time.

Whew! With that done, time to fire these bad boys up and take a listen!

Well, remember how I said it had the construction of a dollar store headphone? Well, it has the sound of one too. You would think with it being open it wouldn't sound half bad. I mean, the KSC75 is $15 and sounds stellar. Well, these sound like a pocket-sized transistor radio. I should have known too, because when I had the cups apart to swap the pads, the drivers were the saddest looking things I've ever seen (I didn't measure them, but they looked to be about 20-25mm in diameter with a magnet no larger than my pinky fingernail.

I would have been better off buying 15 pairs of dollar store headphones.

I can't even give them away because they've been bent specifically to fit my head only. So at this point I'm going to try and attach some KSC75s to the headband, hoping they don't fall apart in the process. So the LP3 is a $15 headband. Thanks KZ.

Anyone who is looking forward to the new LP bluetooth (LP4 I believe), think very carefully. I have no beef with KZ - they make a great in-ear and I own about 25 of them. But they should definitely stick to in-ears if the LP3 is any indication of the kind of headphones they cook up.

Apr 25, 2017 at 9:58 AM Post #959 of 7,153
If anyone is looking for a decent set of Bluetooth over the ear headphones with a very balanced sound signature then the Bluedio T4s are worth considering.

Managed to pick them up for half price when they were launched during the recent sale from Bluedio's aliexpress store.

Considering Bluedio have a reputation for bass heavy sound these are not what I was expecting. Really enjoying listening to them wired out of my Xduoo X3. They house 57mm drivers and charge via an included usb C cable.

Pros:

Stellar build quality.
Balanced sound with very good sub bass.
Very open sounding with a nice soundstage.
Great separation and detail retrieval.
Very good isolation.
Can be used wired with included usb C to 3.5 mm cable.
Sound quality good over Bluetooth.
Nice velour pouch included.
Great battery life.
ANC (which can be used wired and over bluetooth)

Cons:

The ANC sucks (it literally sucks the lower mids and mid bass out of the music) although it's better when used wired.
500ms delay over Bluetooth so need to be wired for videos.
No AptX.

I listen to a wide variety of music from electronic to rock to classical and they've handled all genres very well. Absolute bargain for the £28 I paid.

Apr 29, 2017 at 4:54 AM Post #960 of 7,153
Received my ISK HD9999 today. Ootb this beats soundwise every single Over Ear headphone I have ever tried.
Seems this headphone makes many things right.
My AKG K551 and Philips A5Pro can't hold against.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back