Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (On or Over Ear Headphones)
Jul 24, 2020 at 4:19 PM Post #6,151 of 7,153
I made a video about the obscure-y Sivga P-II or P2 headphones! This is a headphone I fell in love with, and althogh I knew nothing about them before reviewing them, now I want to know more about all of Sivga's headphones and will keep on reviewing them and sharing my feelings about them!!

I love my Sivga SV007!

They make nice headphones

Jul 24, 2020 at 6:46 PM Post #6,153 of 7,153
Does your Sivga have "a license to kill?"

D2A1B282-8C7E-44FC-89A5-D2A1776C0783.jpeg

Jul 25, 2020 at 2:49 AM Post #6,154 of 7,153
I made a video about the obscure-y Sivga P-II or P2 headphones! This is a headphone I fell in love with, and althogh I knew nothing about them before reviewing them, now I want to know more about all of Sivga's headphones and will keep on reviewing them and sharing my feelings about them!!

Would be worthwhile covering these in the Blon and SendyAudio threads also, as this is very similar to the B20 and Aiva respectively (same driver, same enclosure), particularly the B20.

Another well-known model that uses the driver is the Takstar HF580.

Last edited:
Jul 26, 2020 at 7:09 AM Post #6,155 of 7,153
Clamping force is perfect IMO. I have been wearing them non stop for about 6 hours so far, with no hotspots or glaring comfort issues. I only took them off once to take a break for dinner.

The on ear pads aren’t overly hot either, which can be overwhelming in summer with big ass circumaural pads like HM5 etc.

They would be more comfortable with larger pads, but that’s every on ear headphone in the world. I might try to mod 1 of my pairs with Beats pads like I did with 1 of my H1707, but we’ll see how I feel.

Note that since the headband is metal, the clamping force can be easily adjusted if need be.

Sub bass extension is deep. It’s not overwhelming or overly boosted though. For example, one of my goto test tracks for sub bass extension is Crazy by Seal. At 5:20 there is a very deep sub bass line, and the Xiaomi hits it with ease and plenty of rumble.

As far as treble, it’s very well done. Smooth, not harsh or piercing, not overly analytical. In fact, the treble on the H1707 can be hotter due to the ceramic tweeter.

The is a very polite and musical headphone. Tuned for the average consumer masses. They’re not TOTL giant killers though. But they’re a total steal at the $39 price, and I’m definitely going to be using the heck out of them (which I can’t say for a lot of my headphones).

Remember though, it’s closed so it’s got the typical closed in compressed sound. But 100% that’s to be expected, especially with on ear pads and compact ear cups with small internal volume.

I will also mention that I am not using the stock cable. I’m using a custom made SPC upgrade cable. I’ve done all my listening with the ES100 and also FiiO A5 amp. YMMV.

Thanks Slater for sharing this deal, I ordered one and am waiting for delivery. Been looking for a daily beater on ear set since my Beyerdynamic DTX 501P pads frayed like a dog bit them. Hope it is not another rabbithole I'm entering (after CHIFI IEMs and CHIFI earbuds LOL).

Jul 26, 2020 at 2:41 PM Post #6,156 of 7,153
I think that most people don't know that Sivga is the company that makes all these Chi-Fi headphones (actually I am only referring to the B20 and SendyAudio Aiva). I couldn't find any official info, but I can see that they make the exact same model as the Blon B20, SendyAudio - that leaves me to wonder whether Sivga is the parent company of SendyAudio (I doubt it owns Blon). SendyAudio has no website or anything, so it is quite possible

Sivga is a very good manufacturer, I should be getting my hands on the new Phoenix quite soon. I had very positive experience with the SV004
Highly recommend people to go for them, but be aware that the earpads tend to be too small for people.. we need more people to try switching the stock pads

Jul 27, 2020 at 7:00 AM Post #6,157 of 7,153
Would be worthwhile covering these in the Blon and SendyAudio threads also, as this is very similar to the B20 and Aiva respectively (same driver, same enclosure), particularly the B20.

Another well-known model that uses the driver is the Takstar HF580.

Thank you very much, I didn't know about that!

Jul 28, 2020 at 9:36 AM Post #6,158 of 7,153
The transportation company lost my ISK MDH9000. Now i'm looking for a open back with good amount of bass, i have an HD668 and had a HD559.
Fidelio x2 is the best option? What other options do i have?

Jul 28, 2020 at 9:38 AM Post #6,159 of 7,153
The transportation company lost my ISK MDH9000. Now i'm looking for a open back with good amount of bass, i have an HD668 and had a HD559.

OKCSC ZX1 is an option. Looks weird but has quite good bass quantity and quality. It is a bit bright in the upper mids/lower treble though, so not the best if you are treble sensitive.

Jul 28, 2020 at 11:21 AM Post #6,160 of 7,153
OKCSC ZX1 is an option. Looks weird but has quite good bass quantity and quality. It is a bit bright in the upper mids/lower treble though, so not the best if you are treble sensitive.
Funny thing, I just finished modding the zx1. Now I kinda feel like they are lacking in the lower treble range
15959495946641029498120.jpg

Jul 28, 2020 at 1:13 PM Post #6,161 of 7,153
Here is the frequency response after the mod to compare with the one I posted earlier, the mids aren't sucked out anymore and voices doesn't sound shrill anymore. On some recordings the higher treble region still causes sibilance still.
And If you can believe it has the soundstage gotten even better
Anteckning 2020-07-28 190249.png

Remember that my measuring method is crap and not really comparable to to other sites

Jul 28, 2020 at 1:43 PM Post #6,162 of 7,153
In the price range of the X2HR? Takstar HF-580 with Aiva pad from Sivga. USD $150ish during sale at AliE before coupons, then $12-$25 for the pads depending on where you buy, with Taobao being the cheapest. The ZX-1 is solid, but dependent on genre due to its peaks and troughs (EDM tends to suffer, for example), and can also suffer with a bright or even flat source.

After that you're better off looking at regular recommendations in that price range rather than Chi-Fi:

Fostex T50RP MK3 - $130-$150
Drop x Sennheiser HD58X - $170 (goes down as low as $130, October-December)
Drop x Sennheiser HD6XX - $220 (goes down as low as $180, October-December)
Drop x HiFiMAN HE-4XX - $160 (goes down as low as $120, October-December)
HiFiMAN HE-400i - $139-$169 currently

The Drop collaborations can go down a further $20 if you're a first time user of the site. Those are all fairly well-described headphones on here, of which I'd mostly look at the HD6XX and the T50RP in general terms, but perhaps the HiFiMAN options for bass response.

There's just not a lot of stand-out options in the Chi-Fi market compared to the above, but there seems to have been plenty of solid development done in the last 12 months (HF-580, Aiva, B20 for planar, Helios for dynamic drivers). It all comes down to what you're trying to get out of the headphone with its bass. If it's strong and fairly clean bass, then the Takstar would be worth a try, but it's with somewhat dark treble and potential issues in the mids (the pads help with this), so you may find the HD6XX a better experience despite the bass roll off.

I've picked through people's thoughts on a lot of open-back and closed-back ChiFi headphone options over recent memory, and it doesn't seem to get much better than the Takstar Pro 82 and the HF-580 in the sub-$250 range. The ZX-1 is an experience worth trying, but if you need a daily driver I'd defer to those Takstar models or work through the list above.

It's rare to see any open back push far past flat bass, let alone the kind of presentation I suspect you're seeking (Harman neutral). As I understand it, beyond bass quantity the X2HR don't really hold up against other options in their price range, and are mostly discontinued anyway.

Jul 28, 2020 at 1:58 PM Post #6,163 of 7,153

If you're on a budget and looking for a wide soundstage (I'm just guessing that's why you want open headphones) and good bass impact the X2s are indeed a great option. Many of the options mentioned above lack subbass.

Jul 28, 2020 at 2:02 PM Post #6,164 of 7,153
If you're on a budget and looking for a wide soundstage (I'm just guessing that's why you want open headphones) and good bass impact the X2s are indeed a great option. Many of the options mentioned above lack subbass.
I mean the HF-580 should qualify in the bass department, but it's obviously a different sound signature, that probably has more in common with the HD6XX than any other headphone mentioned.

It's unclear if they were specifically seeking strong sub-bass, but I'd imagine that's not particularly great in the Fidelio X2HR either.

Last edited:
Jul 28, 2020 at 2:33 PM Post #6,165 of 7,153
I mean the HF-580 should qualify in the bass department, but it's obviously a different sound signature, that probably has more in common with the HD6XX than any other headphone mentioned.

It's unclear if they were specifically seeking strong sub-bass, but I'd imagine that's not particularly great in the Fidelio X2HR either.

I've got no experience with the HF-580 but the HD650 does definitely has less subbass impact compared to the X2s (although they also have mostly midbass) and it doesn't offer a wide soundstage either. I think the op need to tell us more about what he's looking for to get better help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back