Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (On or Over Ear Headphones)
Nov 16, 2018 at 8:31 PM Post #4,906 of 7,153
The ISK's have a little twist lock on the connector, so they might be picky about cables. I'd guess those wouldn't work, but I don't have those exact cables to try.

In the ISK thread I show how to break off the twist lock tabs so you can use any cable (that is narrow enough to fit inside the cable well).

Nov 16, 2018 at 9:24 PM Post #4,907 of 7,153
They couldn't be more opposite physically... ZX1 is light as a feather with almost no clamp. As mbwilson11 says, very speaker-like, like having a couple big foam speakers resting against your ears. The X1S in comparison seems built like a tank, comfortable but heavy and clampy. Sound-wise is a pretty close call, with preference depending on the song. I'm leaning toward keeping the X1S for the build quality, but selling the ZX1 might be a trick since I don't think anyone outside this thread has heard of them. :ksc75smile:

Maybe not as hard as you think if the price is right. :relieved:

Nov 16, 2018 at 10:37 PM Post #4,908 of 7,153
In the ISK thread I show how to break off the twist lock tabs so you can use any cable (that is narrow enough to fit inside the cable well).
Gotta link to where you show that?

Nov 17, 2018 at 3:29 AM Post #4,909 of 7,153
Nov 17, 2018 at 3:36 AM Post #4,910 of 7,153
Last edited:
Nov 17, 2018 at 10:54 AM Post #4,912 of 7,153
Sweet!
I saw that cable on Amazon (for too much money), but I didn't think to look at the manufacturer's website. :)
Yeah only grey available from 3rd party now for $17. A while back I got the Red version for around $15 from Amazon. Pairs perfect with my HAS30 color scheme.

Nov 17, 2018 at 1:40 PM Post #4,914 of 7,153
Wow Slater, I like these headphones as-is, but this post makes me want to grab another just to play around with modding!

They are extremely moddable, and the results are well worth it. Although they are excellent OOTB as well.

Nov 18, 2018 at 1:27 PM Post #4,916 of 7,153
Thanks to this thread, I'm now awaiting the delivery of some Marantz MPH-2s to replace my 8323s with replacement pads.

@Slater, thanks for posting that link. I'm anxious to try some nodding later.

@Lurk650, so you've been using other cables without issue? This is of interest to me, as I'd like to add a Vmoda Boompro for use in gaming.

Nov 18, 2018 at 2:16 PM Post #4,917 of 7,153
Is there anything that is a basshead and comfy and cheap?

Nov 18, 2018 at 2:31 PM Post #4,919 of 7,153
Is there anything that is a basshead and comfy and cheap?

From what I've read on the thread, it seems like the Marantz I just bought, alongside the other ISK clones, fit your needs. I'll know in a couple days, if I'm right.

You can get it from Amazon UK. I did. This is the one... one of the clones. Excellent.

Neewer NW9000

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0742B4WLT/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

edit:xf_eek:nly one left in stock... order in the next hour or so and you can have it tomorrow with Prime.

Nov 18, 2018 at 2:47 PM Post #4,920 of 7,153
Thanks to this thread, I'm now awaiting the delivery of some Marantz MPH-2s to replace my 8323s with replacement pads.

@Slater, thanks for posting that link. I'm anxious to try some nodding later.

@Lurk650, so you've been using other cables without issue? This is of interest to me, as I'd like to add a Vmoda Boompro for use in gaming.
The Vmoda cable works as its very skinny, stays in place. Because of the locking mechanism it requires a very small 3.5 connection that is extended in length. Boom Pro will not work, too short & fat. I used a ModMic Pro, switch to an Arctis headset a few months ago, now that right ear cup is doing a weird reverberation with voice chat so I went to find my ModMic last night and its MIA. I don't believe I sold it lol, will have to check my PMs.

The Lyx/MPH-2/ISK variant headphones are really good for gaming IMO. I tried a lot of headphones straight out of my XB1 controller and they were the only ones that actually sounded good. A lot of them did weird stuff to the audio.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back