Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (On or Over Ear Headphones)
Nov 12, 2018 at 6:59 AM Post #4,891 of 7,153
I have owned both N350 and N650. N350 had much more bass- and low mid emphasis to the point that it sounded cluttered and congested which was the reason why i sold them. N350 is more "in your face" vs more laid back N650. To put it simple N650 is superior in every way possible imo.
Thanks for your input, I found the same with the n350, until I begun to like it - with certain music of course, still miss the upper mids, but the highs are actually quite pleasant. Anyway I kept it for fun, the on-ear cup still annoys me after a while,was looking at the n650, when I found the b8 as a similar headphone, but even cheaper. Not sure if I really need it though with my other headphones above.. The n350 though coloured and inappropriate for many styles is enjoyavle next to the hd6xx even.. If the n650 is not as fun and v shaped with tight, not overblown bass, then I might not actually need it. Too bad we cant try these headphones from the east..

Nov 12, 2018 at 7:39 AM Post #4,893 of 7,153
Ordered the ZX1's ( 11.11 deals running out) All is it just for the crazy funky looks. I will see if i get a slap in the face....because f too much noise.

Just get her some headphones too:)

Nov 12, 2018 at 1:30 PM Post #4,894 of 7,153
Got the ZX1 earlier, not sure if I've got a duff pair but they're VERY thin and 'metallic' sound and extremely bass light... like they've decided to forego the entire bottom end... very obvious with the tracks I use to test for bass. I also wouldn't expect them to last too long as they're not the best built. When i got the box it felt like it was empty.
What do you drive them with? My Android phone doesn't have enough power, my iPhone barely has. This thing needs an AMP.

It is super light, that I'll give you. I was really hoping for more though as they looked so good in the pictures on Amazon. Plus I really liked their in ears for sound and most notably build (mega comfy). What you don't see in the pics also is the cheap metal band under the snazzy material... similar to the band of the Koss Porta Pro.

If it sounded good I would have forgiven the poor build... the strange thing is it doesn't sound like the reviews others have given it? It's really poor quality. I'm wondering if it is faulty?
Same - what's your source?

The ZX1 are on ear also. Hence the comparison with the KEFs.

I do agree with you - most on ears are horribly uncomfortable.
The ZX1 is on ear and over ear at the same time. I fancy wearing it for long times.

The ZX1, does others hear the music loud?? Because they are open headphones.... i dont want an angry girlfriend.

Still cant decide....ISK 9000 or the ZX1
Yes, others hear absolutely everything.

Nov 15, 2018 at 5:20 PM Post #4,896 of 7,153
Well I just skimmed all 4,895 posts in this thread.
Looks like the best ISK MDH9000 clone is the Marantz MPH-2, and it happens to be the cheapest clone right now (for brand new).
I ordered the headphones from musiciansfriend.com for $40 plus tax.
I'll report my findings after I receive them and burn them in for 100 hours.
Thanks for the recommendation, head-fi!

Last edited:
Nov 15, 2018 at 5:30 PM Post #4,897 of 7,153
Well I just skimmed all 4,895 posts in this thread.
Looks like the best ISK MDH9000 clone is the Marantz MPH-2, and it happens to be the cheapest clone right now (for brand new).
I ordered the headphones from musiciansfriend.com for $40 plus tax.
I'll report my findings after I received them and burn them in for 100 hours.
Thanks for the recommendation, head-fi!

Nice, didn't know MF had dropped the price again. For $40 they are a great deal!

Nov 15, 2018 at 5:38 PM Post #4,898 of 7,153
They're also $40 on eBay, but I have a credit card that will reimburse me if the price drops in the next 60 days, and I don't think my credit card will do that with eBay purchases.

Nov 15, 2018 at 5:42 PM Post #4,899 of 7,153
Nice, didn't know MF had dropped the price again. For $40 they are a great deal!

The £32.99 with free shipping being asked on AmazonUK is about $42... so not bad. The Neewer NW-9000

Nov 15, 2018 at 7:07 PM Post #4,900 of 7,153
I've had good luck with these cables fitting into really slim headphone holes (designed for locking and/or oddball cables). They are good quality cables as well, and available in different lengths and end styles (L or straight):

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00KLI6Z78
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3-5...e-Stereo-Audio-Cable-1m-1-5m/32266758254.html

I use 'em on a number of headphones.
Looks like that Amazon link died.
(Well it has been 15 months.)
Does anyone know if these will fit the ISK MDH9000 clones?
https://www.amazon.com/Vention-iPhone-Headphone-Stereo-Speaker/dp/B0791B1VNY
61cI3mY-j%2BL._SL1001_.jpg

Last edited:
Nov 16, 2018 at 7:23 PM Post #4,902 of 7,153
I've been listening to all my headphones this afternoon, trying to figure out which to purge. I'm not a big collection kind of guy. On the closed side it was pretty easy. But I only want one set of open headphones, since I can't use them as often as the closed, and I'm having a heckuva time deciding between the ZX1 and the Fidelio X1S.

They couldn't be more opposite physically... ZX1 is light as a feather with almost no clamp. As mbwilson11 says, very speaker-like, like having a couple big foam speakers resting against your ears. The X1S in comparison seems built like a tank, comfortable but heavy and clampy. Sound-wise is a pretty close call, with preference depending on the song. I'm leaning toward keeping the X1S for the build quality, but selling the ZX1 might be a trick since I don't think anyone outside this thread has heard of them. :ksc75smile:

Nov 16, 2018 at 7:28 PM Post #4,903 of 7,153
I've been listening to all my headphones this afternoon, trying to figure out which to purge. I'm not a big collection kind of guy. On the closed side it was pretty easy. But I only want one set of open headphones, since I can't use them as often as the closed, and I'm having a heckuva time deciding between the ZX1 and the Fidelio X1S.

They couldn't be more opposite physically... ZX1 is light as a feather with almost no clamp. As mbwilson11 says, very speaker-like, like having a couple big foam speakers resting against your ears. The X1S in comparison seems built like a tank, comfortable but heavy and clampy. Sound-wise is a pretty close call, with preference depending on the song. I'm leaning toward keeping the X1S for the build quality, but selling the ZX1 might be a trick since I don't think anyone outside this thread has heard of them. :ksc75smile:

I think you have answered your question... just keep them both. You would not get much for the ZX1.

What is the closed headphone that you will keep?

Nov 16, 2018 at 7:34 PM Post #4,904 of 7,153
I think you have answered your question... just keep them both. You would not get much for the ZX1.

What is the closed headphone that you will keep?

Yeah, maybe I'll just throw it on the forum here briefly and if no one bites that'll be my excuse to keep both.

On the closed side I'm keeping the Marantz MPH-2 and the Takstar Pro 82. I've had much pricier headphones, but both of these work well for me and are cheap enough not to worry about.

Of course I'm comparing these all on my Fulla 2, so maybe I should probably hold off until next week when its replacement comes (a Topping DX3 Pro) to see if it changes anything.

Nov 16, 2018 at 7:45 PM Post #4,905 of 7,153
Of course I'm comparing these all on my Fulla 2, so maybe I should probably hold off until next week when its replacement comes (a Topping DX3 Pro) to see if it changes anything.

Good idea.

I could never part with the ZX1. I like how different it is and how comfy. Doesn't hurt that it also sounds great:)

I have a little brother coming for my ZX1... an earbud with the same name. Not OKCSC but it is a ZX1. And there is some wood. Ordered during the 11:11 sale.

https://ae01.alicdn.com/kf/HTB1DeXwaERIWKJjSZFgq6zoxXXa8/****-ZX1-HIFI-In-Ear-Earbud-HIFI-Headset-Noise-Canceling-Earbuds-With-Good-Bass-Better-Than.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back